Connection issues since last patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ByFstugan, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I've got connections issus both with WAN/LAN in coop and with WAN in PVP. The issue don't happen each time, and sometimes with same person it works and sometimes it's bugged (though NO SETTINGS CHANGED, and in same hour).

What happens?
    In Sparta PVP:
    1) Match found and game loading...
    2) Game continue loading...
    3) Screen goes black...
    4) Loading screen comes back...
    5) Still loading...
    6) ...some minutes later I enter map, the other guy resigned it says and I won the game...
    6b) When this happened with Nebudcadnezzar he said the game said I disconnected,
    7) Back in Sparta my "victory" is recorded as a LOSS and I won nothing.
    7b) Since yesterday I started 5 games in PVP, 3 of them had bug, said I won but I got a loss, and 2 of them I got to play and won. In all I lost 20+ positions in ladder by getting to play 2 games and got the message from the game that I won 5 of 5 games (where 3 of them wasn't played even a second and was no wins ofc, but they neither was a loss).

In PVE, just tried on NCSGeek's recommendation and Finishedblock21 helped with test.
    1) Game loading...
    2) Game continue loading...
    3) Screen goes black...
    4) Loading screen comes back...
    5) Still loading...
    6) ...some minutes later I enter map, it says "Finishedblock21 does not exist or is not logged on".
    6b) Finishblocked saw a timer that finally said I got disconnected.
    7) I enter the map. Both me and Finishedblock21 is still there and can see eachothers actions.
    In this case we could if we wanted to finish the map with no problem (have done so before).

Port mapping. I've always used "NAT punchthrough" but yesterday Wartai told me to change to UPNP and helped me fix my router settings (this are recorded in Discord). Since it's after midnight so today NCSGeek told me to go to Manual instead, and checked that I didn't have any proxy.

The issue came right after last patch and I have never had this issue before. The issue has remained the same and the game works or are bugged with same person and settings back and forth, no changes to Port Mapping seems to effect the bug or no changes seem to make nothing or all work. In short, all settings work sometimes, and gives bug sometimes. Even with same person as said.

I've done a couple of gamescans and last one I also checked in the Beta, didn't help either.

2. Loading...

3. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll add that proxycheck.io returns that no proxy is in use.

4. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I just played two more games, one went to game without problem, the other was same bug. I now took screenshot on how it looked, and though it AGAIN says I WIN I got a loose and dropped down to position 80 on the ladder. I know am about 60 positions lower on ladder than yesterday after 7 tried to play games with 2 wins and 1 loss and 4 bugged games (counted as loss, but game said "win" to me). The other guy in this case I can't tell if he got a win or just nothing, but at least his 5 streak win is still intakt.

I got AT LEAST 4 losses in my ladder-rating due to this bug since yesterday, and any game with 0 seconds played since patch is the same, I think there are more but I have no count in head. I didn't realize until yesterday a such drop (that says "you win") counts as a loose, so didn't keep track on them.

I'd really like them losses erased since they are due to some bug that I have no control over - and so far can't get any help with =/

EDIT:
    I also add a screen of the chat I had with same guy asking him what happened on his end.

Attached Files:

#3 ByFstugan, Nov 16, 2019 at 3:55 AM
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  5. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I've been doing a couple of coop-quests with NAT-settings and have the same bug (and this have happened many times before since last patch) - and now I wanna describe what happens in PVE with those coop-settings.

1) Game is loading (I'm party-leader)...
    2) P2 enters the game...
    3) My screen goes black...
    4) P2 get message that "ByFstugan does not exist or is not logged on".
    5) Game starts for P2 with me dropped and all idle vills/units.
    6) My screen goes back to loading screen
    7) I enter the game and get message about P2 being not logged on. My game starts with P2 idle vills/units.

So, I don't have problem joining the game, I have problem joining the game WITH someone else, no matter if it's WAN or LAN or which sort of Port mapping settings I use.

8) Each time above happened I've tried to invite to party again and simply restart game, then it loads and start as it should. The game has not even been left back to any city or even less restarted or any settings changed. So it's FIRST time with some settings it SOMETIMES just can't load right (because sometimes it work with normal, and sometimes it worsk with abnormal long loading times). In PVP this first time result in me getting a loss for a game not even started, with the irony that it first tells me I won.

#4 ByFstugan, Nov 17, 2019 at 1:16 PM
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  6. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I recently realized that the bug doesn't seem to have to do with the network, since it also appears both in singleplayer as well as sometimes when switching between cities out of maps. Hence it's the abnormal long loading times of new enviroments that's the problem that makes the multiplayer part time out.

This explains why no adjustments to network-settings will change anything - but still I'm not sure what's the sollution? Game Scan doesn't help. And it's weird that it came after the patch I think, or isn't it?

The screenshots shows how the game for a period of a minute to some minutes gets stucked and seems hanged until it finally comes where it should arrived a long time ago (so after a while it's responding again so to say).

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice