Graphics issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by levick, Oct 13, 2019.

1. levick

levick Spearman

Hi all,

I haven't played the game for a while. I opened up again recently, updated it and it was unplayable because of some graphics bug (I assume). All the other games work fine. I tried downgrading my nvidia driver (to a half year old one. I kept it up to date, so I assumed that might be it) but did not help. I reinstalled the game without avail either. I have seen the game has a config file with all kinds of setting (graphic ones too) because to me it seems like light casting or something is way off somehow. I would really appreciate any help!!

Bug:
    1) Buildings flicker and even disappear sometimes. Scrolling away and back, makes other buildings flicker and other ones disappear.
    2) Water is white.

Laptop specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (driver: 436.48)
    AOEO version: v2.1.2.0 (latest)

Any idea what can cause this?

PS: The game is fuckin' amazing and huge kudos to all the devs and artists and everyone involved!

Attached Files:

• bug1.jpg
      bug1.jpg
      File size:
      584.5 KB
      Views:
    • bug2.jpg
      bug2.jpg
      File size:
      324.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

What settings have you got for water reflections (on/off), shader quality, shadow quality, and particle quality?

I'd honestly try dicking about with settings, especially those first, and seeing if a quick lowering of the right setting causing the problem (if it is the case!) does the trick. I get that it's an old game and even modern laptop hardware should be more than enough, but you never know.

4. levick

levick Spearman

Hi Ardeshir,

Thank you for the suggestions!
    I have all setting on highest.
    I played around with the settings you mentioned and the buildings flickering and disappearing could be fixed by setting the shader quality to low.
    None of the other settings affected any of the bugs. So the huge white water bug still remains. (Hurts my eyes if its a huge water surface its all full blown white.)
    But it's a bit better now, no flickering at least.

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hmm... Can you have a look at some of the other settings? Not at home right now so I can't check others that may impact water, lighting or reflection.

6. levick

levick Spearman

I tried all in different combinations and nothing fixed the white water. So strange. Do you have any logging tool or something that could log stuff and might see if there is an error somewhere if any?

7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Dug through some old threads with similar issues (ingame graphics bugs) and found these tips, mostly for windows 8 users in mind, but it has helped other windows 10 notebook users:

from thread: https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/fog-of-war-bug.4123/#post-7551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice