Some suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skelotox, Jan 30, 2018.

?

How many suggestion would you like to see in game and which one?

1. 1 - The first one

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 2 - The second one

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 3 - The third one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 1 and 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 and 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 2 and 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ALL

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skelotox

Skelotox Spearman

Hello guys!

I was thinking about one or two things while playing and I thought that it could be useful to post the ideas here so.... here I am.

First I would like to talk about "skirmish". This is the main mod of AOE since the very old AOE 1 (I love it) and in AOEO I think the reward are too low in skirmish.

Indeed, if you want to have the same chest lvl than your lvl you have to beat the strongest AI and you get not even half exp than a normal quest. Moreover, the strongest difficulty is really hard to beat for normal and lower player. You will say to me that I can do some quest and I agree but sometimes it just feel good to make a skirmish ^^ but I don't do it because I will get nothing.

Second point,
    A friend was thinking about adding a specific advisor place for 1 card which add an new unit (only one place for this kind of card only) what do you think about it?

Third point,
    While playing in some quest for babylon like defend the "wonder" with some priest I thought that it could be useful to add an option on units when they are grouped (with ctrl+1 or 2....) for say "each unit should not attack the same unit.
    Because priests, gastraphetes and others always focus the closer ennemie and this is horrible to have to control them unit by unit^^ and you can't let them attack freely without losing a lot of efficiency.
    So, just a option that you can enable and disable like a button to click only when they are grouped.

Again, what do you think about all of this?

Else, Thank you so much for making this game run again, I have a lot of fun on it with a friend and you are doing a great job. keep going! xD

PS: Sorry for my english but I'm sure you guess now that I'm not an english speaker xD

2. Loading...

3. Skelotox

Skelotox Spearman

No reply?^^
    Is my english that bad? :)

4. GeorgosJ

GeorgosJ Long Swordsman

Not so bad. Actually I dont know whats the extent in wich devs can mod/ add things to the game. But Option 1 is needed, Ai in normal is lame and elite ai units are op. Third option sound nice but correct me if im wrong, ur mean that the add a new slot for special units?

5. Skelotox

Skelotox Spearman

I'm not sure if you replace "second" by "third" but in the second yeah, this is a new slot in advisor building (special unit).
    For the third, I propose an option like a button (like the one for sucide unit or offensive mouvement) for say "if the units selected are in the same group (with ctrl+1 for exemple) so they can't attack the same ennemie (specially efficient for archers which always waste arrows on the same ennemie).

6. GeorgosJ

GeorgosJ Long Swordsman

yeah I did confuse second and third. it would be nice to have that extra slot. Im not much of button managing thing in strategy games but i get what u mean with the attacks wasted.

7. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

No no no, I oversaw this thread.

We fear that this might be abused for farming. Keep in mind that you can finish a skirmish quest in 4 minutes or in 30 minutes. We might adjust that in the future but for now we stick with low.

You mean a slot for unit-advisors only? Good idea, but this is a technical limitation we cannot just break.
    It is really hard for use to insert new core features into the game.

Besides that we cannot just add it because of the technical limitation it would also destroy one of the core elements of age of empires. Micromanagment (meaning that you control you units very fast) is one of the key element in pvp and I would say also for pve.

NCSGeek likes this.
  8. Skelotox

Skelotox Spearman

I agree, but i'm still sad about this^^

I don't know how it work, can't you change all that you want? how does it look like when you work on the game?

I mean only for pve. I don't know exaclty how you could do that and I'm sure this use difficult but does it the same "code part" than for bot priests which never convert the same unit?

Feel free to explain, I know a bit how programmation works even if I'm better in web developement but I never worked on something as huge as you do^^ (I'm just curious)

9. Blackstyle

Blackstyle Villager

The special location is my idea, hoping that you find a solution because we can not allow this to be spoiled for a special unit, so that everyone can finally use a special unit!
    Sorry for my english if it's not correct.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice