SOLVED I got banned!

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Yomi, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yomi

Yomi Spearman

Hi,

I got banned seemingly due to multiple accounting.
    I wonder why Project Celeste team forbids multiple accounting.

Multiple accounting is not a dirty behaviour and most of games allow it. (The official AOEO service by Microsoft also allowed it as far as I know.) PVP abusing or using hack etc are dirty behaviours and they are to be forbidden.

I'm very sick losing access to my most loving game and do not know what to do. x(
    What am I supposed to do, guys?
    Give us freedom!

Thanks.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - got banned
    1. hani
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Bradam
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. jer5547
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. malevvv
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. side4ever
      Replies:
      Views:

3. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

It's clearly stated in game rules and often reminded in red letters in most announcements that multiple accounts are forbidden and will result in banning. This is a fan project and there are costs associated to maintaining each account, server wise. Plus imagine what would happen if all of us made like 10 accounts each producing mats *60 times and then transferring them to our main. It's indeed an abusing behavior in the context of how things work in this project.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  4. Ryddag

Ryddag Banned
    Banned

You where having 25 accounts.... nothing more to say.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  5. Yomi

Yomi Spearman

Hi,

Can't any rule change? I'm curious why such a rule was set in the first place.

If it's due to cost of accounts management, it would be much more effective to remove accounts with no acitivities for a very long period. (I know another rule change is necessary for this.) Then, we won't see the ridiculous and meaningless user number close to 40k.

I don't think everyone would make many accounts. I don't think it's a problem producing mats multiple times per person either. It can be one's choice whether s/he would spend her/his limited game time on transferring mats or managing her/his accounts or not. Allowing mutiple accounts would rather remove benefits to current unrevealed multiple accounting users.

I didn't even imagine making mutiple accounts is forbidden when I started playing Project Celeste. I was embarrassed when I saw that rule statement in red letters for the first time. But mainly I needed a new account due to wrong milestone choice of the previous account. (Now, it's no need to make a new account for this reason.) Then, I couldn't throw away existing accounts because I spent lots of time on them.

My words would sound like late complaint. But I don't think it's a bad abusing behavior to make several accounts. I wish I delivered my point well and anyone would agree to me.

Thanks.

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi,
    Can rules be followed? I'm sure in a general game situation where you pay for each account you have, or are forced to grind an enormous amount of hours to achieve the premium account status, it would not be a huge deal. But in Project Celeste, you are given everything premium at no cost to you, and no grind necessary to achieve the premium content. The community donates money to help ensure each person that loves this game as much as the next can continue to play for ages to come. And then we have you. Instead of following directions at every turn, you found it necessary not only to ignore the rules clearly set out by the team, but also take actions to give yourself advantages over players that follow the rules. While players appreciate that they are able to play this game cost free, and follow the rules honorably, you find it acceptable to produce 24 times the amount of materials that these people with honor do, and inject them in to the market, making the honorable players efforts less rewarding than it should be. Because the market was manipulated by players that somehow think they are entitled to "more" than people following the rules.
    Rules are not created because the team want's to just be a big, mean entity. Rules are created to help keep balance and fairness to all players.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  7. Yomi

Yomi Spearman

Hi again,

I'm sorry for not having followed the rule no matter what. I should have suggested the rule change earlier when I became to know there's a weird rule. You guys were like dictators to me and I was just one coward player to face the dissent of the group.

My point is that multiple accounting is not morally wrong as you know. It's fair to allow it to everyone where the market can work with numerous accounts. (Don't you know it already runs with multiple accounting players?)
    However, if it should not be allowed due to some reason like severe overload to authentification server etc., it makes sense then.

Off-topic but, I also donated with AOEO loving heart. I'd like you to be less stubborn. You guys are scary.

Thanks for all your efforts on this game and us.

8. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

25 accounts and still talking...for every stack everybody else is producing you are producing and profiting for 25, giving an unfair advantage to yourself. Knowingly breaking the rules, thinking you'll not get caught. And when you're finally caught instead of just taking your well deserved punishment, you come here pretending you're the victim, intimidated by us scary people and trying to stir things up. Just drop it already.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  9. Yomi

Yomi Spearman

No, I never pretend as if I'm a victim. And yes, I was scared about offensive replies like this.
    I'm not asking my banned accounts unbanned. I'm writing finally what I thought only after being banned.

#8 Yomi, Oct 9, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  10. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You have been given multiple reasons that it is most definatly morally wrong in this climate. I'm beginning to wonder if you do not think it is wrong, or you just do not think. In any case. Create you 1 (one) uno account. Play by the rules this time. I don't want to be rehashing this again in the future. Good luck.

Exclusive0r likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice