By PF2K on Oct 5, 2019 at 6:23 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_TOTN.png
    Hello there everyone! We are really excited to tell you that the Treasures of the Nile Quest Pack is finally upon us, available for everyone at Level 40!

New_Quests.png

Aimed at Level 40 players who are looking for a challenge, this Pack brings 8 all-new Quests. Available for solo and co-op play, these Quests offer brand new maps with an all new and refreshing look!

Help drive away the Valley Kings from the lands of Egypt. But who are these Valley Kings, you say?

Valley_Kings.png

• Nebkanra, the Legendary Camel Rider: Remember General Setredet from the Summer Event? This is his cousin. Young and ambitious, he has recently joined the Valley Kings and is desperately looking for a chance to prove himself worthy of his colleagues.
    • Hamut, the Elephant Archer: Hiding in a golden-plated cabin atop his elephant, he lays waste to his opponent from far range. He sees himself as the smartest child in the family and believes conserving his well-being is more important than what others might call "courage".
    • Ahmose, the Priest of Ptah: A distant relative of the High Priest of Loder, all he wants is to convert anyone and everything to his cause. Take great care when facing this guy. Before you know it, he will have all your troops fighting against you!
    • Henku, the Legendary Elephant Rider: Hamut's younger brother. He always makes fun of Hamut for hiding in that armored cabin and believes fighting is only appropriate when done in point blank range and prefers facing his opponents head on. He is much stronger than his brother but cannot defend himself against ranged units as effectively as his brother, so keep that in mind when facing him.
    Along this quest pack comes a set of new Legendary gear! Some of them will be added to the regular legendary loot table and you can find them wherever you find other Celeste Legendary gear. Some will be available exclusively in the City of Rhakotis' General Store for large amounts of coin. These are meant to be end-game items reserved only for the players who have already reached level 40 and look for ways to spend their Coin. And last but not least, there is one other piece of gear that will be awarded to players who manage to beat every quest in this pack at least once. Take a look at them below!

TOTN-NewGearP1.png
    TOTN-NewGearP2.png

How to access the new Quests:
    ==============================

TOTN-UnlockQuests.png
    TOTN-FindRhakotis.png
    TOTN-QuestGiverLocation.png
    Reminder that these quests are available for level 40 players ONLY
    We are very excited to be able to bring this new content to you guys. This pack has been through multiple tests by our team, but obviously there will be minor errors still left unfixed. If you find any of them, we would like you to kindly post about them in our Bug Reports section! We also want to hear your feedback on the general difficulty level of the Quests. You can give us your feedback either via our Discord Server or in the PvE General Discussion forums here.

As is tradition with every new Quest Pack, here is a list of Credits of all the people who worked on the new content:

TOTN-Credits.png
    What do you think about the Treasures of the Nile Quest Pack? Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks, and see you in the game!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    =========

#1 PF2K, Oct 5, 2019 at 6:23 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  2. Loading...

?

What type of content would you like to see next?

1. More Legendary Quests

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Rework on some of the current Advisors to make the less used ones more useful

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. More Minigame-type Quests

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. More PvP/Skirmish Maps

3 vote(s)
    5.7%

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Oct 5, 2019.

1. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

2. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Question: does this coincide with the limited reintroduction of the summer event that was mentioned a few weeks ago? Or will that be a separate announcement?

Edit: Nevermind, just read the server maintenance blog. That's a yes, summer event is back til Oct. 7!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    3. Pazoe

Pazoe Spearman

I don't see an update available when trying to update from the launch menu, I'm on v2.0.8.2. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: apparently i just need some patience :)

#4 Pazoe, Oct 5, 2019 at 7:06 PM
      Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
      Andy P XIII likes this.
    4. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

I hope the next Quest Pack will be Celt-themed. ;)

5. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

Can't wait for server to come online.

MatrixSoft, Felipe and bbgambini like this.
    6. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

awesome, new quests and gear! thanks guys!!

MatrixSoft likes this.
    7. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Please and thank you.

8. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

It will be nice if the current epic advisors be updated to legendary.

Towex likes this.
    9. irneh

irneh Villager

i have a problem, it says that i must have NET framework 4.7.1, but i cant have that version in windows 8... and i cant download it, because it doesn´t advance 82%... so... what can i do?, literally i downloaded the game the friday

10. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hello people,

+300k each for the new legs isnt a bit high?

And then when i look at cyprus legs prices or the delian cuirass (86.7) for 28k

Is not balance necessary?

greetz.

rodgerioush, Exclusive0r and kyogo like this.
    11. Pharos

Pharos Champion

Damn those elles on steroids!!! but GJ everyone u've made a challenging quest.

12. Pharos

Pharos Champion

player 1: pss u here?
      player 2: yo whats up?
      player 1: have max stat athena here 86.52 hp, interested?
      player 2: sure whats the price?
      player 1: offer
      player 2: sure 250k?
      player 1: um sry man the other guy offers 350k cya
      player 2: wa wa wa wait i can offer more
      player 1: yea?
      player 2: sure 375k?
      player 1: oh ok trade
      player 2: (trades)
      after a while player 2: WHAAAT? devs lost their mind? a leg robe for 350k? that's so expansive! (they ruining the game, i'm telling u) xD

13. Pharos

Pharos Champion

Did u find the solution? try #help channel on discord, I'm sure the other W8 users somehow managed to play the game or post it as a bug report

14. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

@Pharos m8,

your example of an individual, you can not generalize.

and when I say 350k is a little too much, I mean at the same time that the other legs. way too cheap.

I'm talking about balance and you?:p

Look, 86.7 costs 28k and 87.0 350k, I see no logic behind it, even if items are not the same type, they are still comparable. greetz.

Exclusive0r likes this.
    15. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

the legendary advisors are unique i think and dont have lower versions, i think they should just stay unique. maybe buff the advisors no one uses.

download win 10 and just dont activate it or buy a $5 key, easy way to fix dotnet issues.

rich players wont mind paying a lot for a few 0.1% or max item

btw, all this stuff is permanent right, not tied to the event? if so, also maybe the epic material exchange could be made permanent?

16. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

What about when you look at Delian Archon hammer or Delos Hood?

Is the price of them a little out of your budget?

17. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Every one of those Rhakotis store legs are a first time in game new all time stat lead. It may be small, but each one has taken the game to all new levels of possibility. Those that can not afford them, should continue to use the max stat epic versions. These are meant as end game pieces, meaning to be expensive. For end game players that want a legendary piece in replace of an epic.

18. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Besides, I thought the whole point was to create some money pits for end-game PvE players to sink their coin into?

I am not one of them, but I have heard rumors of Coin Titans who have 1, 2, 3 million coin or more... Seems just about right in that regard.

But I feel ya, as a casual PvE player and primarily PvP player, such coin costs are but a dream to me haha.

Jeinx likes this.
    19. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

@DiabloEscobar
      yes the leg items stay after the event. why would you still want material exchange after the event? U can not use the points after the event usually, or am I wrong?

And that certain players pay tons of coin for +0.1 (max) items, I know that too.

So again, you can convince me that the new legs are fair on price, but then you should also adjust the prices for other legs of shops. Greetz.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice