PSA: Click Carefully

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by iamrm91, Sep 14, 2019.

1. iamrm91

iamrm91 Spearman

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, even many scenarios I've yet to encounter:

I've right clicked a fishing net for 14k at an in game shop, thinking it would allow me to compare to my current one, or at least prompt me before finalizing purchase as it has done every time I shop on GM. Now I have a bound fishing net that can't be traded or used on another civ, and is worse than the one I have equipped.

I have changed crafting school, clicking on the wrong one to forget by mistake, losing an epic consumable recipe in the process. I don't know if the gear recipes disappear into the void too; thankfully, I didn't have any yet.

I have sold items to the shop by mistake, but there is an undo buy option, so I became comfortable moving quickly in my inventory, especially when selling items. I also open chests quickly, usually quite a brain-dead task for me now that I hit lv 40 and it's mostly useless stuff. However, to my horror and joy, I recently double-clicked a chest recently as I was quickly right-clicking chests in my inventory to open them. One right click registered as opening the chest, the second as adding the advisor that was in it. It was a common advisor, and if it were to replace one of my epics, I'd probably cry a little. I was so happy to see the message saying the adovisor wasn't for my civ, realizing that something almost went terribly wrong.

This game is fun, and it's awesome that it's free to play. Even paid games aren't perfect. Honestly the item management is pretty smooth once you've played for a while. You'll find yourself navigating, selling, buying, moving things around, and much more very quickly. However, there may be accidents; and while I can't discourage you from managing your items, sales, and trades quickly I'll say this:

Click carefully my friends.

2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you add a common advisor that you had not in the past, no worries, it just registers in your advisor hall, checks off the common version. But you retain your highest quality added advisor up front for use. Good thing, you can only do that once. Since you have registered a common one, it will not let you register another.
    Your epic consumable recipe isn't lost, it is in that civ. If you ever switch back to that crafting school, it will be there waiting for you.
    But yes.. Click carefully

4. iamrm91

iamrm91 Spearman

I don't know if that was a bug then. I had to buy the epic consumable recipe again because when I did switch back to the crafting school (which was almost immediately, since I swapped the wrong one), it was nowhere to be found.

Also, you're saying it just registers the common advisor in our account but the epic one remains active? Or does the common advisor replace the epic one, but it only happens once? I'm a bit unclear on what happens there, and I'm not brave enough to test it.

For anyone who might be wondering, it turns out right clicking to instantly buy was actually meant to be a feature. Makes sense, as some people wouldn't want to always see the "are you sure" prompt. I tried it today in a shop while I only had 220 coin. Left clicking prompts you to confirm if you want to buy, but right clicking attempted the purchase immediately and the UI said I didn't have enough coin.

5. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Your advisor hall will only offer the best version of any advisor that you have added to the hall. Even though it only shows the highest rarity, it keeps record of all that have been added.
    For example. If I have no Philon advisor, and immediately get the epic. The game records the epic, and has blank spaces (unseen) where the rare, common, and uncommon go. Even though you have the best version, adding let's say, an uncommon version to your advisor hall, the game still keeps that epic version up front, but registers that uncommon slot full. Now you can no longer add the uncommon version because the slot for the uncommon version is occupied.(unseen) Even if you add the uncommon after you add an epic, the epic is better, so that is what will be displayed for use.

6. iamrm91

iamrm91 Spearman

Good to know that's not something I have to worry about. Some may even be inclined to collect the other rarities even though it's unseen.

7. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

You need to be especially careful with advisors & material recipes.
    Easy to accidentally add a good rare advisor to hall when you already have the epic version.
    Also easy to use a material recipe where you've no intention of using it.

Some confirm notification would be nice but I guess lots of effort needed to do it & ofc low priority.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice