Temple of aphopis and the elephants

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by HeavyRain350, Aug 17, 2019.

1. HeavyRain350

HeavyRain350 Villager

What is the meaning of making so strong those elephants?, maybe the treasures of these temples can give a better loot, or maybe 2,3,4 chest instead?, this doesnt make sense why they are so strong

2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Even strong, they are no match for the Heavyrain. ;)

solar and Ardeshir like this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Just don't engage them til you've finished the objective and cleared other treasures. Still, it's like a boss encounter in a lot of ways!

5. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

I attacked them on the Event Miniquest where we must defend the city for 15 mins. The temple was protected by 2 Armored elephants and 2 Elephant archers, so I trained 60 WoadRaiders. They are all died in 10sec. 1 Archer down. Good. Traind another 60 Raiders and sent them to the other Archer but its standed too close to the temple, so my units can't reached it. All died again. OK. Switched to Champions, maxed them out and finally killed them. After this I got 2 chests: an Uncommon Torc and a Common Finbar advisor. Is it worth it? NO.
    I looted these Temples 2-3 times more and all my rewards was white or green items. Its a little bit disappointed for me compared to the wasted time on them. Thanks, but I won't attack them during the event.

solar, Alzerus and Ardeshir like this.
  6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Keep in mind there are side quests to kill these units to earn summer points. But yeah, I get it if you just want to skip them.

Alzerus and Ardeshir like this.
  7. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

david and goliath

one worker and some stone is enough to kill them at any level/gear ;)

Alzerus likes this.
  8. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Not quite. Static Defense is one of the worst things to field against them. Surround them with spears and attack them with ranged units. Ranged anti-cavalry calavry units followed by ranged anti-ranged the most useful to have.

@Kulcsos12 , what Jeinx said. The drops are as much a gamble as any other treasure, but at least the PvE inclined can get their treasure guardian quests done for extra Summer Points.

Alzerus likes this.
  9. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Yes, I have to agree with you.

I have in many cases, put in far more effort, resources and time than some of the actual missions require for just in general bad drops (did get 1 Summer Vanity though). But to me, after killing and looting many of them in total shock for the first few of them and later in pure determination in the hope of obtaining maybe decent rewards for them, these Treasures and their related side quest rewards are just simply not worth the effort. A pity really, I hate leaving Treasures on maps and in some cases when I'm even scouting around during the start of some missions and see a bunch of these treasures, just get that disappointed feeling :(

10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Perhaps as feedback for the future events and expansions, maybe similar kill-quest structuring (for the main kill-quest. Making the change I'm about to suggest for killing boars and lions and wolves is a bit rediculous! :D) to how the pvp rewards work? i.e. multiple quests of the same thing of varying amounts and rewards? Not with rewards as strong as say the PvP chain, but more rewarding and scaling up a bit more than x kills = y Summer Points? The PvP Summer quest structure and rewards seem more incentivising than anything else in the game especially when you consider how they double dip with Sparta Quests lol

Alzerus likes this.
  11. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Castles don't die easily to their attacks though. So you can use them to tank while your range units go to town.

But yes, having to field 3 castles and 60 fully upgraded range units (or a dozen ships) just against a treasure chest guardian is ridiculous. They should give 2x the amount of chest for the amount of work at the very minimum.

Alzerus likes this.
  12. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

theres a trick to the method i mentioned, i was killing them easily at level 1 greek

Alzerus likes this.
  13. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

I'm intrigued :)
    Walling them in is one way and towering up or Fortresses as they don't attack the walls, but I'd like to know what you mean by "some stone" and "easily" and then there's the time, but then again I could be just missing the trick part.
    Could this be a Summer Puzzle lol :) DiabloEscobar the Elephant Whisperer.

14. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Lmao you can wall them in and they won't attack the walls or other non-attacking structures?

15. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Yep, I've just tested it on an Elite Rogues to be sure, tbh it's like going to a Zoo and shooting the animals from the comfort of your park bench while having an ice cream. But there's still the time and effort of getting the right resources for relevant army or towers etc, but nty. There's also the cases where on some leveling up missions, you simply will not have the ability or resources/armies/villagers to deal with these Super Ellies and in a few cases regular guardians. But heck they're there and glad for them being there. These Temple of Apophis Guardians are great challenge in some cases but am tired of them now only after a week and they take away from regular chests for me personally in a my routine missions, but it's an event and very glad of it. That's also not to say, that in a lot of cases if you're playing coop in elite/legendary missions, you most probably can run though these spawns without any issues or huge waste of time, so great!

Something to look at for future events, is maybe changing these spawns to regular guardian spawns with random super ellies/event spawns on random on a timer to attack after initially defeating the reg spawns for extra rewards, if you care to do so. You could have regular chests and a chance of a random event chest at same location, just on a timer or something to that effect. Regular Guardian Spawns to look/work same, but random event spawns to have Temple of Apophis/Event look, with the regular guardians and their relevant chests and also with either event guardians also on a timer or on a new spawn after 15-30 seconds whatever. Rewards for these Event Chests should also be of higher quality, this would have a better affect as in you will probably find these chests and be more excited and willing to put in the extra effort, if you wish to do so, but at least you have the reg chests anyways. Probably easier said than done though, but food for thought.

Ardeshir likes this.
  16. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

yea thats the main thing, walling them in and not really having to deal with the melee ele's

Ardeshir likes this.
  17. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Good feedback suggestions for alternatives, Alzerus. I spose I can see why 10k-40k hp mobs might seem overkill when you're getting one treasure of them every PvE quest, taking up an old treasure on the quest, and the rewards aren't better unless you're finishing the sidequest to kill them.

I still think it's a really cool addition, but I remember last Halloween event's special guardians only being about as difficult (or a fraction more) as the larger treasures.

18. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Walling does help, but you still either need castles to tank or gastraphetes to out range the archers.

My gripe with them though, is not that they are hard, it's that the rewards isn't balanced for their difficulty. The same can be said for the mini-quests as well, where the 2 priest quest that takes 30 minutes have the same reward as the snake oil quest that takes 2. So if you are only farming summer points, you would do 2 or 3 of the shortest quests across all 6 civs.

Ardeshir likes this.
  19. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A buddy and I have used the walling technique and it works pretty well. Seeing them at first glance I get a little anxious, but like anything, it gets faster and easier with practice. We usually roll with at least one player using a dps unit, and those do pretty well at cutting through them quickly.
    Kill one at a time, archers first. Not so bad.

Ardeshir and Alzerus like this.
  20. Evaldo Migotto

Evaldo Migotto Villager

Hello, im new here, but, about OP guardians, i manage to build 6 towers around them and 40 beserkers. Is easy, but the treasures, only common stuff

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice