By PF2K on Aug 15, 2019 at 10:57 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_Summer_Event.png
    Hello there Celeste players! The Summer Event is finally here.

Once you update your game, go to your Empire Store in your Capital City and find all the new quests for the event.

You can find every detail regarding what's new in the event in the attached graphics! We hope that you all have lots of fun playing with friends during the event. :)

So let's break down the details of the event in a question-based list:

1. How do I access the special event content?

How_To_Access_Rhakotis.png
    Rhakotis_World_Map.png
    2. What are the new contents available in the event?
    • New mini-game style Quests and a very difficult Legendary Quest, with awesome rewards.
    • New PvP Quests with HUGE rewards.
    • All-new Gear, Vanity Gear and Capital City decoration: The Summer Vanity Set and The Temple of Apophis Capital City building, entirely new and exclusive to Celeste.
    • All-new Region with an exclusive store: The City of Rhakotis

Vanity_Gear.png
    PvP_Quests.png
    Summer_Gear.png
    Main_Summer_QG.png
    Global_Quests.png
    Rhakotis_Store.png
    How_to_earn_Summer_Points.png

3. Where do I find the new Quests?
    In the City of Rhakotis.

==

4. Where can I get the new PvP Quests?
    Both in Sparta, and in the City of Rhakotis. (The Quests have two questgivers who will give you the same quest.)

==

5. Can I get every event Item playing only PvP or only PvE?
    Yes! Everything is obtainable by playing either mode.

(PF2K's Personal Note: Play PvP guys. PvP mode best mode!!!)

==

6. What are Summer Points, what can I get with them and where do I spend them?
    Summer Points are the special currency of the Summer Event. You can use them to buy Vanity Gear, Capital City Decoration, Consumables, in addition to an exclusive Gear - Ra's Wall Joints of the Solstice all at the City of Rhakotis Store.

==

7. What are the Global Quests?

They are quests that can be done in any game mode and inside any quest. They include, but are not limited to, the following types of quests:
    • Play Repeatable, Elite or Legendary Quests
    • Play Co-op Quests with your friends
    • Play PvP matches for a certain amount of time (Daily and Weekly Quests)
    • Hunt various animals in quests
    • Defeat special treasure guardians (Guardians of the Solstice)
    • Exchange materials for Summer Points
    ==

8. How long will the event last?

The Event is planned to be 5-weeks long. There has been a timer added to the sidebar on the Forums with a countdown, indicating how long you will have to play the Summer Event.

========================
    Thank you for reading, and we will see you all in the game soon!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.

========================​

VERY IMPORTANT: Creating additional accounts and multi-accounting is FORBIDDEN and will result in permanent bans for ALL OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, including your main account! One account per player only.

Let us know what you think about the event in the comments below!

#1 PF2K, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    solar, AC/DC, Exclusive0r and 11 others like this.
  2. Loading...

?

What do you like most about the Summer Event? Choose your top 3!

1. Minigame Quests

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Legendary Quests

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Global Quests

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Event-exclusive Gear

37 vote(s)
    61.7%
  5. Vanity Gear

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Capital City Decoration

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  7. New Region

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. PvP Quests

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Greeky

Greeky Villager

and why am I a villager

Exclusive0r likes this.
    2. FFNEZ

FFNEZ Woad Raider

recently the pvp is kinda slow to get in a match. pvp need some love

WiriWout, TheSpaniard and Andy P XIII like this.
    3. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

This is why I was unable to let WiriWrout's public chastising go unanswered. I wanted to leave it at me appreciating PVE being included, as I (personally) do not want to play PVP, and instead I am now labeled as some sort of PVP hater because a moderator wouldn't PM me and instead publicly shamed me.

This entire thread has been taken over as a response to anti-PVP players, when I am only PERSONALLY not a PVP player.

This, is what I intended in my first post. "Woo hoo for players like me (and without explicitly saying it for PVP players too)". But okay, let's let everyone here view me as some sort of bad guy who hates PVP because a moderator didn't like my 2 (On separate platforms) occasions of saying I don't personally PVP -- but am not unhappy for those who do.

4. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

This is exactly what I did when a PVP only event was announced on reddit. I said I cannot participate and that I was unhappy with that. Now that is used as public evidence on an entirely separate platform to chastise me when I voiced appreciation for having players like me included in this event -- with everyone else chiming in that I am wrong to hold a belief I never held in the first place... fun times ... fun

Exclusive0r, WiriWout and Andy P XIII like this.
    5. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

We need each other. Certainly we could all understand if any of us made many different attempts to express disgust or dislike for any aspects of the game we like the most, it's difficult not to take ot to heart. I think we all have passion in regards to what we like about this game. I dont think anyone here has or had ill intent with words. We are all passionate about one or more aspects of this game. That is why we are here. Whether it's the market, trade, and loot that sucks you in, possessing rare, hard to get items and collecting, crushing your opponents in PVP. Winning the top spot in a tournament, playing skirmish with some friends, or whatever strikes your fancy, it's great. We all share a common love for the same game. We can all dislike things about games as well, it's pretty normal. Retaining a level of respect for each other, regardless of differences of opinions is key. At the end of the day, we all share common ground. AOEO Celeste :)

rtsgamer, Ardeshir and Andy P XIII like this.
    6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

yeah wtf you don't gather nuttin :p (I kid!)

Exclusive0r likes this.
    7. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

This makes sense! I think it's no biggy, maybe just a misunderstanding. You were expressing your enjoyment and appreciation of PvE content. Others construed the inclusion of the derision of PvP as anti-PvP and just wanted to defend the importance of PvP. Again, misunderstanding I think. It's all good, we're all good. AoEO is awesome.

did i mention i'm excited for the romans

Kenji03 and WiriWout like this.
    8. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Unfortunate the way this thread has gone, over what I saw originally as a positive comment, having not known any history of past events at all I assumed from the comment that PvP was a large part of any past events.
      With such passion, we need to express our views and responses with a little more respect.

Having said that, I for one do not play PvP or at least have very rarely played PvP especially recently and yet I love watching it for many hours every single week and thoroughly love and enjoy watching it and have done so for many years. I find that the PvP community in a lot of respects promote and add engagement to the game for me anyway and are hugely responsible for the games longevity, I've played AoE for about 18/19 years now and find the AoE community absolutely incredible over its many series and over the past decade or so, I have developed a love for just watching PvP via Twitch live streams, YouTube etc and the many competitions/tournaments that AoEII HD and its variants have had and are still very active in today, decades later. How I found out that AoEO back online was via a AoEII HD Tournament, which I still watch and now I also love to watch AoEO PvP streams and am really looking forward to this weekend's Gerda's Gauntlet Tournament and will probably watch every live stream possible, even at the detriment of missing out on the Summer event dailies etc for a couple of days.
      I also certainly hope that these Tournaments continue to grow and develop and also more PvP live streams in the Celeste Forums homepage links.That also applies to PVE live streams and mission guides which are always extremely helpful for players having any
      difficulties in any missions and particularly the newer more recent quests/missions that tend to be a lot harder in general.

With all that said, this event is tempting me to try PvP again and I think I shall venture in to try my hand at it again. I promise I will be funny to some :)
      I hope that this post, long as it is, does not offend anyone as it's not my intention, but rather helps reduce the height of that little fence between the two sides of an absolutely brilliant game that in principle and mechanics has not changed in decades. What a great game and community!

9. WiriWout

WiriWout Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

It's all good @Kenji03. I should not have called you out in public like this. At least it led to a fruitful discussion, from which we can conclude that PvP and PvE complement each other in many ways. Us PvPers really manage to reach quite a lot of people with the tournaments, and I have no doubt that many of those people end up only playing PvE. PvE will always be the core of this game, with an always available bulk of content. On the other hand, more people try out PvP as great PvE rewareds can be achieved, leading to more PvP players.

10. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

11. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Greetz!

rtsgamer, Alzerus and WiriWout like this.
    12. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

While we're taking the opportunity to champion an aspect of the game we each personally love, I want to give some love to one of the options in the poll that is lagging behind right now, and unrightfully so... Capital City Decoration.

Capital cities are the one thing that are uniquely ours, folks. Everyone does the same quests and plays the same PvP and gets the same gear, but capital cities and how they are arranged are ONLY you. And boy does it feel satisfying to create a layout that is both logical/historical AND looks dang good.

Show it some love in the polls, folks. We need more capital city buildings and options! omg just think of the possibilities in the Roman capital city... i promise i'm not obsessed

13. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I really appreciate that the Legendary quest isn’t timed. Thank you.

Exclusive0r and Andy P XIII like this.
    14. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Well another top hit from Celeste ... More professional than big mega corps .

rtsgamer, TheSpaniard and Andy P XIII like this.
    15. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hear hear. Though I'm sure it's tons of work creating new cosmetic assets! Maybe we need more discussions about what existing ms or celeste assets people want to see some lower-workload recolours for, and what specific new 3D models that are more than just a recolour are actually in strong demand.

Perhaps utilizing future quest content expansion (or even existing?) to also have more (because there already is some from what I can tell) in the way of quest-reward capital city deco could help too.

My two cents on the prior discussion, both endgame repeatables PvE farmers, and competitive PvPers have been "favoured" over noobs in either first and foremost so to speak. While new players and civs don't see any Project Celeste Content right off the bat in PvE (on the base civs), and the "small playerbase" of PvP has led to more for Ranked Sparta (the repeatables), and more for all PvPers (new maps, balance patches), but the removal of unranked, and nothing for arena (yet), means that there has been pressure to toughen up and get ranked, or stick with PvE. Realistically, hardcore players in either mode benefit from all or nearly all the changes brought in under Project Celeste, while only some of the changes are relevant to new players (imo). Not to say this is a bad thing either, but something I think should be considered first before worrying about either one of pve or pvp being left out in the cold.

#35 Ardeshir, Aug 17, 2019 at 5:05 AM
      Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
      Andy P XIII likes this.
    16. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I cannot loot the Temples of Apophis. Is this intentional?

Also, the quest that asks us to play co-op with some friends is unclear. Are we to play for a certain amount of time? A certain amount of matches? Do all quests qualify, or only repeatables?

Thank you!

17. ajiesu

ajiesu Villager

Why the game data was backtracking?? All I earned summer points were disappeared...

18. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

@Fraxure022 I think this should have already been patched last night, but if you're still having issues today let someone know!

@ajiesu perhaps make a post in the bug reports section? Or try contact a dev on the discord? I'm sure if you've had things rolled back without explanation they can help get your stuff back!

19. Kyku

Kyku Spearman

I'm really enjoying this event, it's giving me a chance to equip up quite fast and the minigame quests are fun O:

If it wasn't for the priest scort quest -.- ¡I hate it!!!!!!

It's boring, long and frustrating, the units are slow, the priests heal at a rate of.... 1 per hour? And oftentimes enemies just turn to them becouse yep -.- I do suppose that if you have an equipped egyptian civ it becomes a fun party but otherwise... pls change it :'D

Sorry for the rage, it's just accumulated frustration

20. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Just PvP :D

As much as the questline is startable at any level, it's certainly easier levelled, geared and with epic advisors. Having so many secondary quests, pvp quests and resource-turn-in quests helps alleviate being too underspecced to do the new PvE content though. Maybe just stick to the other PvE quests lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice