Questions with upgrades and treasure in quests

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Aaron, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

So I have 2 questions regarding PvE:
    1. Is there a way to tell whether there are outstanding treasure chest in a map aside from searching the entire map with my units? Often I end up spending 3~5 minutes just searching the map after I completed a quest just to be sure that there aren't any treasures left.
    2. How do I tell what level of armory upgrade an enemy unit have. As in, whether it is a 0/0/0 or a 3/3/3 attack/melee armor/pierce armor upgrade.

2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hey Aaron,
    1. I don't think so, beyond checking the wiki as/before you start and see if it lists the treasure numbers for the quest on them.
    2. Click the unit, then mouse over the unit frame (the unit picture in the bottom centre of the screen). It won't tell you the upgrade number, but it will give you the stats, and you'll eventually know what the values are at each level, or look at the wiki for the base values and upgrade values.

4. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

For 1 I'd recommend getting some LoS items on your scout or watch posts, or even for fortress if your not doing legendarys. With LoS can spot all chest easily, but eventually you'll memorise them on every map.

2 Interesting question but quite frankly you don't really need to worry about, i never have honestly. Just play the PVE way and bulldoze through all enemies with the strongest units. (But get your armory upgrades faster! :D) I'm sure some PVP people will look at this and shake their head haha xD

5. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

For #1, do you know how I can find good (or even half decent) ones for scouts? AFAIK they aren't sold in shops.

6. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

Look on global marketplace, or type one of these in *Trade* chat with WTB... and might get lucky with a cheaper deal with a seller.
    GM prices below
    Sword of exalted theos - sword that gives around 11+% LoS, around 20-30k
    Amunets Vest of foresight - cloth armour around 25+% LoS 25k cheapest
    Lens of menes - 70+% LoS 100k cheapest
    (Above for greek scout, other scouts have different gear)

But these are expensive, the walls of master defender 100k cheapest aswell

I would recommend getting (epic) eagle eyed lookouts on GM, cheapest at 1k currently for anice buff on your watch posts, then just spam them about with villagers and cover more map quicker.
    Legendary version is not too bad too at 30k.

May seem really expensive but believe me, real luxury, and might be one time cost, as you'll unlikely find a upgrade anytime soon, or just chuck them on your other civs.

7. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

The sword I have from a lucky drop, but I don't have Lens of Menes, and even the Looking Glass is 50k. I just snagged Epona's Scout's armor, which was relatively cheap, since there's a legendary with better LoS.

MsMuffins likes this.
  8. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

Nice go for cheap stuff, just checked GM quickly for those prices, but go for trade chat if you can, and don't forget about watch posts too!

9. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

Glad to see someone use that info

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice