Return of alliances or formation of clans

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chris23g, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Chris23g

Chris23g Woad Raider

Hello friends, I would like to return the alliance mode or you could make clans with friends because it takes that spirit of competition that gave the alliances and that made you part of a team to compete for a prize.
    Thank you for reading.

2. Loading...

3. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

i agree but after Roman civ ... bearing in mind it's complicated and we don't have massive amount of plyrs (yet) so it may get unbalanced .. remember delos in the orig game ?

Chris23g likes this.
  4. Chris23g

Chris23g Woad Raider

I remember that cartago and delos were always even and imhotep was left behind

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Maybe buffs/different bonuses for Imhotep if it gets brought back? Or bonus incentives for the smaller factions or hard locking the largest in order to encourage or force balanced numbers?

Chris23g likes this.
  6. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Speaking of all this, where do we stand on Alliance Wars being available again? Is there a forum post someone can direct me to so I can get caught up to speed on the status of Alliance Wars?

Couldn'tCareLess and Chris23g like this.
  7. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

Since the original purpose of Alliance wars was to earn players EP, and since project celeste has changed the quests to grant EP directly instead of AP (Alliance Points), I kind of always assumed alliance wars was deprioritized for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty sure you can earn way more EP than you did in the original setup, although I can see a slight reduction in how fun it is to do so since you remove the persistent-war-component from the game.

Chris23g and TheSpaniard like this.
  8. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Yeah, I kinda figured that was the primary reason behind it not being a priority (Romans definitely take priority over everything, in my humble, meaningless opinion!), especially since it is not monetized anyway and it's just a matter of earning EP for free over time, which like you said, can be done faster now through quests.

Buuuuut.... I really did enjoy the competition aspect, as well as each Alliance unique city and gear. I think it adds another dimension to the game that is dynamic, brings novelty to the game, something to keep coming back to, etc. And it's just fun to "belong" to an Alliance.

I just didn't know if Alliance Wars was permanently on the backburner because it isn't a priority, or if there was a technical/financial roadblock to ever being able to implement it, or what. Is there an official word from the Dev team on if Alliance Wars is in any plans or ever going to be implemented again?

Couldn'tCareLess and Chris23g like this.
  9. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I haven’t seen any official word. I’m more curious if we can get a way to form clans of maybe 5 or 10 players and have some sort of aggregate clan PvP leaderboard.

10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Now that would be awesome.
    A 4v4/5v5/10v10/etc would be real sweet. A clanwar system that works a bit like starcraft's proleague where players of two rosters face off in elimination matches until one team has no players left to field. Or as you suggested, an elo aggregation system, where players under their team's tag gain or lose elo to players under another team in an opt-in system within normal sparta 1v1.

Chris23g likes this.
  11. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

What if we had BOTH. Alliance Wars, and integration of the alliances into PvP/leaderboards? Addition of new Alliances to add more variety and more groups on the leaderboard? Let a boy dream...

Chris23g, Ardeshir and Andy P XIII like this.
  12. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

My little idea is to let players team up in groups of maybe 10 and form a clan on the PvP leaderboard (aggregating our ELOs in some way). On top of that, I'd love some kind of UI where we can name our clan and assign it an AoEO mascot (like General Zu, Auggie, Peepaw, Pompey, Bahram, etc.) that resulted in a little indestructible statue of your mascot loading near your opening TC. In this way, you have some cool little token of your team that identifies you to your opponent.

From there, we could rank the clans and give their members rewards each season based on how they perform.

13. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Very cool idea!

Chris23g and Ardeshir like this.
  14. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If the war returned, all of the direct rewarded EP could just be bundled in to alliance end of season rewards. The incentive to balance out numbers along the 3 alliances lies in the fact that it is easier to land a high alliance rank and recieve higher buffs in a lower populated alliance. To my understanding, the issue bringing back the war lies in the complexity of getting it to work correctly with the new server. I'm not sure there would necessarily be an issue with 250 people participating instead of 25,000 people. It should still work fine.
    Hopefully at some point we can have our War again :)

Chris23g and TheSpaniard like this.
  15. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Thanks for the insight, Jeinx! I wondered if there was a technical reason behind it. It would be cool to get what seems to be the final piece of the original game that hasn't been brought back yet, but regardless, I can't wait to see what else the team creates and brings in to Celeste.

Chris23g and Jeinx like this.
  16. Couldn'tCareLess

Couldn'tCareLess Long Swordsman

Ah... i miss the old days ;)

Chris23g likes this.
  17. Couldn'tCareLess

Why not a Guild System?
    Like in WoW, your guild as a level aswell, it has perks, the better the players the better the benefit from it in both PvP/PvE.
    Those perks would work like an extra Milestone (but more powerfull), we need new elemens:
    - % Improved chance on chests;
    - % Extra gold from quests;
    - % Extra EP from PvP;

That would make lone players play co-op more often and help out other players aswell.
    If the game wants to grow (and ofc we do) we have to have a system that allows you to stay connected to other players (a group of players).

That could ofc work with the Alliance Wars, each of the 3 would be a large Guild with each one of them, their specific benefits (as i think it was back then).

Ardeshir likes this.
  18. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

A guild system with leveling would be cool, and being able to vote to sign your guild up to the alliance war system (if/when it comes)!

I don't know about extra EP/GOLD though due to the direct economic effects with so many other changes coming/implemented and suggested. I'd be more inclined to leave it with improved civ XP and possibly some kind of guild-wide guild-xp-for-a-chest/SP/CP/random-cosmetic-item each payout as a daily/weekly quest.

The more opinions on the suggestion the better though!

Couldn'tCareLess likes this.
  19. Couldn'tCareLess

Content perspective:

(Bare in mind that i use to play WoW for many year as a Hardcore player and therefore my opinion has always something to do with it)

What are we doing differently from the other Remastered Age of Empires? What have they in commun between them, what can we get from them that would benefit us all? What about other BIG Online Games, what can we bring from them?

Just some questions that i would try to get an anwser whenever i have time.

The Guild System

As i mentioned before, seems to be the best way to motivate older and newer players (thats why by some reason almost every multiplayer game has a guild/team system).
    This game needs a Guild system badly. People need to have a way to communicate with others whitout using the friends list or General chats, they also need to be able to see what your team is talking about.
    Sometimes we have like 100 to 200 people online, and only 5 or 6 use the chat (and i mean every chat), i know we also have Discord, Teamspeak and so on, but a System where you can see who's online on your group, choose to talk to, and have all the information available to you right in front of your eyes, seems a very good idea. Having all the players doing what they do outside the game, inside of it, means more people online if not just to talk about something!

A New Expantion

As i said before, perks and so one would improve the game both PvE/PvP and we could work that together with the Alliance Wars. I know we need more content, we need some bugfixes, we need a lot of things aside a new civ post-Romans, something (new features) that would change the game for the better, that alone sometimes would worth pushing the 8th civ further in time.

Of course i know that this kind of changes requires a lot of recourses and hours to even attempt to implement, and i also know that the devs have tons of work with Romans, but having this as a probability for like mid 2020 would be a nice idea.

Dear Devs, these are my toughts, i know you all are working agains the clock to present the Romans, and for that a HUGE thank you for keeping our Dream alive.

Regards,

I just coundn't care less!

Ardeshir likes this.
  20. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Agreed! New civs alone are a big drawcard for players new and old motivated by the RTS aspect and all the amazing unit models, but being able to foster stronger ingame communities and more team efforts than coop and 2v2 would really help in bringing in and keep more MMO-minded players (one would hope!).

Like I said though, gotta be a bit careful with how much guilds give players off the bat. I think guild levels should only reward incrementally more civ xp gain. Put everything else into repeatable guild-questing (with some with general questing requirements, some PvP, and some legendary PvE), but again, avoid big gold/ep rewards where possible in favour of chests/SP/CP.

21. Crixler

Crixler Spearman

Personally, I never liked how the old alliance system was account-based, but themed after specific civs. If it ever returns, I hope your alliance choice is per-civ, or even better, completely overhaul the system. It could be turned into more of a guild system, and the current alliance cities could be decoupled from alliance wars and turned into regular quest hubs instead, eventually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice