By PF2K on Jul 27, 2019 at 12:55 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_Map_Pack.png

Hello there Celeste players!

I'm very happy to bring you another set of Five entirely new PvP and Skirmish Hall maps, made by me and @RecoN! More details below:

SavannahSpotlight.png
    InlandSpotlight.png
    TwizzletopMountainSpotlight.png
    LowlandGrovesSpotlight.png
    WateringHoleSpotlight.png
    These maps have been added to the Skirmish Hall and the PvP Arena in your Capital City.

Sidenote: If any of you are knowledgeable in RMS map making, please contact us for your submissions. Well made maps will be reviewed and added to the game!

Let us know in the comments what you think of the new maps. If you have any specific map requests from previous Age games, mention it and we will see if it's possible to remake it in AoEO!

Thanks, and game on.

Project Celeste Development Team

Slyrevick, bbgambini, kaithe and 10 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Jul 27, 2019.

1. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Variety is the spice of life, as they say. Thanks for the new content!

bbgambini and MatrixSoft like this.
    2. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I’m just honored to personally welcome Twizzletop Mountain to the family. That name will always make me smile.

MatrixSoft and TheSpaniard like this.
    3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Nice work fellas! The varied resources, chokes, water and rush distances should come in handy with seeing how the meta really is when taking map factors into account! The shallows wall-off feature on watering hole could get quite interesting, and it's nice seeing maps with water, that don't have so much that control of it outright wins you the game a la coastal or a player/team island map.

One thing I would ask for is a starcraft-styled map in the sense of using terrain-ed off starting bases to have two really close spawns, but a big rush distance (and possibly have the edges of the starting bases in seige distances of another). Players build around the map toward another, rather than directly toward another. Another map I think would be cool would be a macro/greed map, with extra resources at first tc and defendable expansion area behind the base, but with an open mid-map, probably below average rush distance and no big bodies of water or cliffs. Maybe a map or two with no aggressive huntables, and one or two with extra? Just tossing ideas around...

Andy P XIII likes this.
    4. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

Are these maps are counted in that Trophy what requires to win on all maps?

Ardeshir likes this.
    5. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

The quest is called "Bring Your Passport"
      I too want to know if these maps are now required to earn that quest completion, or if they are excluded.

Ardeshir likes this.
    6. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

They should be, yes.

Slyrevick, Kulcsos12 and Kenji03 like this.
    7. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I played Lowland Groves last night with the Spaniard. In addition to it having an incredible name, it was a great map. Well done.

Kenji03 and TheSpaniard like this.
    8. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

He's biased because he kicked my tail on it. ;)

Jk. It was awesome! The tweaks are minor enough to make it feel like we haven't lost Black Forest, but good enough to alleviate the concerns of Black Forest (too crowded/passive of a game, etc.). In fact, the game was over early due to Andy's good age 2 push. Well done, indeed!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    9. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

In order to earn "Bring Your Passport", did you intend for us to only need to complete 20 of the 30 maps?

I ask because the .quest file only has 20 objective entries, but there are now 30 maps vs the original 21. So are playing 10 of the maps intended to be optional (assuming originally one map was optional)? If this is not, here is a fix requiring all 30 maps or just 29.

I play tested the new maps and know that they count towards this hidden quest, so it's not that it has to be specific maps.

Ardeshir likes this.
    10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Id forgotten to ask this myself! Are map additions going to mean scaling up of Bring your passport requirements ala Kenji's fixes, to cover the increased map pool, or are requirements for Bring your Passport going to stay the same?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice