SOLVED Ban risk for family PC's

Discussion in 'Misc' started by iamrm91, Jul 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. iamrm91

iamrm91 Spearman

I saw a guy post about his dad creating a second account and the accounts getting banned. I'm confused here, as that makes it seem like it's one account per computer or you get banned. My brother has a beefier machine, and I use it to game whenever possible, as it is a much better gaming experience than my laptop. When he wants to play the game, I don't want to get us banned just by logging into the same machine.

Is there some sort of algorithm that automatically bans accounts if they log in the same machine? Or is this specific to abusive behavior like farming two accounts to give resources to one of them? Can I not trade at all with my brother, or is it fine as long as it isn't blatantly boosting one of the accounts?

When searching the forum all I found were some posts that warn in red caps not to make multiple accounts for material production. The only other post is by this one guy who was supposedly banned just because his dad made an account. Honestly I'm fine without trading at all if that risks me getting banned, but I hope playing on the same machine won't get family members banned.

rtsgamer likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Ban risk family
    1. jimmy7214
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. hani
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. jer5547
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. malevvv
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. malevvv
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Many people have multiple family members that play on the same IP. Some folks even share a pc. I won't go in to details as far as how cheaters are caught. But as long as your "family members" are not playing and giving all of "their" coin and "their" top tier items to you, or always seems to lose ranked sparta matches just in time to meet minimum qualifier, you should be fine. The general rule here of, if you are not doing anything underhanded or dirty, you shouldn't worry is best. You can always contact the team if there is an issue.

Kenji03 and rtsgamer like this.
  4. iamrm91

iamrm91 Spearman

I would assume that was the case normally, but that one post I saw about someone's dad getting him banned by making a second account worried me. I honestly don't even know what a ranked sparta match is yet, as I've just downloaded the game and done some of the early tutorial missions. Good to know multiple people can play on the same PC and even trade as long as they aren't boosting an account. Hopefully this post helps anyone new who may have similar concerns later on. Thanks for the help.

rtsgamer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice