By PF2K on Jun 19, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header-Vignette_Challenge.png
    Hello there fellow mapmakers! It's time for a Map Design contest.

What is the challenge all about, you say?
    We want to see the community's ability to make nice looking maps in a very small amount of space.

Here's how you participate in this challenge:

1. Download the template .age4scn file attached to this post and put it inside "Documents/Spartan/Scenario"
    DocumentsFolder.png
    2. Open the launcher, login and then find the "Scenario Manager" button and click on it.
    LauncherScenarioManager.png
    3. Click on the "Add Scenario Button"
    AddScenario.png
    4. Find the new file you downloaded and add it. Then you should be able to see it in your custom scenarios list.
    ScenarioSelection.png
    5. Once the game loads, go to "Scenario Editor"
    MainMenu.png
    6. When the editor loads up, click on File -> Load Scenario
    OpenFile.png
    7. Try and make the prettiest map that you can, and then take a screenshot of it and post it in this thread. For example, here's my entry:
    PF2KEntry.png
    Pro tip: Don't forget to hide the minimap when taking a screenshot! (View -> Hide Minimap)

Winners will be selected once the challenge ends on 2019/06/30.

Thanks and we'll see you in the next blog,

Project Celeste Development Team

Attached Files:

#1 PF2K, Jun 19, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    rtsgamer, zenorhk, Eaglry and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Long Swordsman

I switched it out have rotation better match everyone elses! I removed the older one because I dont think there should be multiple screens submitted

Kenji03 likes this.
    2. zenorhk

zenorhk Long Swordsman

Username: AZ98

Attached Files:

#22 zenorhk, Jun 20, 2019 at 3:47 PM
      Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    3. PrefSilver

PrefSilver Villager

Secluded Celtic Village In-Game Username: PREFSILVER
      My first time working with Scenario Editor, turned out pretty good!
      screen10.jpg

#23 PrefSilver, Jun 20, 2019 at 7:15 PM
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
      Skycrane09, happysmurf, Akemi and 6 others like this.
    4. StriKeR

StriKeR Game Developer

small island

Attached Files:

5. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Andy, did you just low-key reveal the Roman Wonder? Slick.

happysmurf and solar like this.
    6. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

I really like these "just gameplay, nothing too fancy" ones.

7. nekcv

nekcv Villager

norse snow

Attached Files:

happysmurf, PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    8. MrPSIHO13

MrPSIHO13 Villager

9. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

10. MechSmith

MechSmith Champion

A small coastal village.
      [​IMG] XtgYxGo.png
      (my name is the same in game as on here)

#30 MechSmith, Jun 22, 2019 at 8:46 AM
      stef, Panthericus, happysmurf and 5 others like this.
    11. Destroyer505

Destroyer505 Villager

Attached Files:

12. 577tom

577tom Villager

13. Wade Lebron 36

Wade Lebron 36 Spearman

The Battle of Thermopylae (300). The Spartans face the endless waves of Persian attacks!

upload_2019-6-22_19-1-6.png

Attached Files:

Andy P XIII, PF2K and Suomak like this.
    14. Aubergiste (PNJ)

Aubergiste (PNJ) Villager

Hello,
      Thanks for this challenge, and here, my participation :
      "Where the civilizations have crossed each others"

Crossed-civilizations.jpg

Edit : My name IG is "Aubergiste".

15. Akemi

Akemi Villager

Hi ! Here is my entry : "peaceful waterfall"
      In-game username : Akemi

essai.jpg

#35 Akemi, Jun 23, 2019 at 1:14 PM
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
      Panthericus, happysmurf, stef and 2 others like this.
    16. Shade3011

Shade3011 Villager

Here's mine.

Titled "A New Beginnings"

screen16.jpg

happysmurf and zenorhk like this.
    17. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

In-game username: xTheSpaniardx

Courageous Hector Meets Mighty Achilles in the Trojan Fields

The Iliad of Homer
      Book the Twenty-Second

"But the Greeks were coming near the wall, resting their shields upon their shoulders. But Hector his destructive fate fettered to remain there, before Ilium and the Scsean gates. [...]

Achilles went toward the city greatly elate, hastening like a steed which bears away the prize, with his chariot, which striving hard, runs swiftly over the plain. So Achilles briskly moved his feet and his knees.

But him aged Priam first beheld with his eyes, rushing over the plain, all shining like a star which rises in autumn ; and its resplendent rays shine among many stars in the depth of the night, which by name they call the dog of Orion. Very bright indeed is this, but it is a baleful sign, and brings violent heat upon miserable mortals. So shone the brass round the breast of him running. But the old man groaned, and smote his head with his hands, raising them on high, and, groaning, he cried out greatly, supplicating his dear son. But Hector stood before the Scsean gates, insatiably eager to fight with Achilles [...]

'But to the other people the grief will be shorter, if thou shouldst not die, subdued by Achilles. But come inside the wall, O my son, that thou mayest save the Trojan men and women, nor afford great glory to the son of Peleus, and thou thyself be deprived of thy dear life. [...]'

The old man spoke, [...]; nor did he persuade the mind of Hector. But his mother, then on the other side, wailing, shed tears, laying bare her bosom, while with the other hand she laid forth her breast ; and shedding tears, addressed to him winged words : ' O Hector, my son, reverence these things, and pity me myself. [...] O dear son ; and being within the wall, repel this hostile man ; nor stand a foremost adversary to him. Wretched one ! for if he shall slay thee, neither shall I mourn thee on the couch, my dear offspring, whom I myself brought forth, nor will thy rich-dowered wife ; but far away from us both, the swift dogs will devour thee at the ships of the Greeks.'

Thus weeping, they twain addressed their dear son, supplicating him much ; nor did they persuade the mind of Hector; but he awaited huge Achilles, coming near. And as a fierce serpent at its den, fed on evil poisons, awaits a man, but direful rage enters it, and it glares horribly, coiling itself around its den ; so Hector, possessing inextinguishable courage, retired not, leaning his splendid shield against a projecting tower ; but, indignant, he thus addressed his own great-hearted soul : [...]

But near him came Achilles, like unto the helmet-shaking warrior, Mars, brandishing upon his right shoulder the dreadful Pelian ash ; but the brass shone around, like unto the splendor either of a blazing fire, or of the rising sun. [...]

But when they were near advancing toward each other, him mighty crest-tossing Hector first addressed : ' No longer, O son of Peleus, will I fly thee as before. Thrice have I fled round the great city of Priam, nor ever dared to await thee coming on ; but now my mind urges me to stand against thee : certainly I shall slay, or be slain. But come, let us attest the gods ; for they will be the best witnesses and observers of agreements. For neither will I cruelly insult thee, if indeed Jove shall give me the victory, and I take away thy life ; but after I shall despoil thy beautiful armor, O Achilles, I will give back thy body to the Greeks ; and so also do thou.'

But him swift-footed Achilles sternly regarding, addressed : 'Talk not to me of covenants, O most cursed Hector. As there are not faithful leagues between lions and men, nor yet have wolves and lambs an according mind, but ever meditate evils against each other ; so it is not possible for thee and me to contract a friendship, nor shall there at all be leagues between us — first shall one, falling, satiate the invincible warrior Mars with his blood. [...] Nor is there any longer any escape for thee, for Pallas Minerva at once subdues thee beneath my spear, and thou shalt now pay for all the accumulated sorrows of my companions, whom thou hast slain, raging with the spear.'

He spoke, and brandishing it, sent forth his long-shadowed spear, and illustrious Hector, seeing it opposite, avoided it ; for looking before him, he sunk down, and the brazen spear passed over him, and was fixed in the earth. [...]

Then Hector addressed the illustrious son of Peleus : ' [N]ow in turn avoid my brazen spear ! would that thou mightst now receive it all in thy body. Then truly would the war become lighter to the Trojans, thou being slain ; for thou art the greatest bane to them.'

He spoke, and, brandishing, sent forth his long-shadowed spear, and struck the center of Pelides' shield, nor missed ; but the spear was repelled far away from the shield. But Hector was enraged because his swift weapon had fled in vain from his hand ; and stood dejected, for he had not another ashen spear. [...]

[H]e drew his sharp sword, which hung below his loins, both huge and strong, and, with collected might, rushed forward, like a lofty-soaring eagle, which swoops to the plain through the gloomy clouds, about to snatch either a tender lamb, or a timid hare ; thus Hector rushed forward, brandishing his sharp sword. Achilles also rushed on, and filled his soul with fierce rage. He sheltered his breast in front with his shield, beautiful, curiously wrought, and nodded with his shining helmet [...]. As the star Hesperus, which is placed the brightest star in heaven, proceeds among other stars in the unseasonable time of night, so it shone from the well-sharpened spear which Achilles, designing mischief to noble Hector, brandished in his right hand, eyeing his fair person, where it would best yield. But the beautiful brazen armor, of which he had despoiled great Patroclus, having slain him, covered the rest of his body so much ; yet did there appear [a part] where the collar-bones separate the neck from the shoulders, and where the destruction of life is most speedy. There noble Achilles, eager, drove into him with the spear, and the point went out quite through his tender neck. However the ash, heavy with brass, did not cut away the wind-pipe, so that, answering in words, he could address him. But he fell in the dust, and noble Achilles vaunted over him :

' Hector, thou didst once suppose, when spoiling Patroclus, that thou be safe, nor dreaded me, being absent. Fool! for I apart, a much braver avenger of him, was left behind at the hollow ships, I who have relaxed thy knees. The dogs, indeed, and birds shall dishonorably tear thee, but the Greeks shall perform his funeral rites.'

But him crest-tossing Hector, growing languid, then addressed :

' I supplicate thee by thy soul, thy knees, thy parents, suffer not the dogs to tear me at the ships of the Greeks; but do thou indeed receive brass in abundance, and gold, which my father and venerable mother will give thee ; and send my body home, that the Trojans and wives of the Trojans may make me, dead, partaker of a funeral pyre.'

But him swift-footed Achilles, sternly regarding, addressed : ' Dog, supplicate me not by my knees, nor by my parents ; for would that my might and mind in any manner urge me myself, tearing thy raw flesh to pieces, to devour it, such things hast thou done to me. '

But him crest-tossing Hector, dying, addressed :

'Surely well knowing thee, I foresaw this, nor was I destined to persuade thee ; for truly within thee there is an iron soul. Reflect now, lest to thee I be some cause of the wrath of the gods, on that day when Paris and Phoebus-Apollo shall kill thee, though being brave, at the Scsean gates.'

As he spoke thus, the end of death overshadowed him ; and his soul flying from his limbs, descended to Hades, bewailing its destiny, relinquishing vigor and youth."

screen5.jpg

#37 TheSpaniard, Jun 24, 2019 at 3:27 AM
    18. Schnez

Schnez Villager

The best real estate on the Nile

in-game username Schnez

Attached Files:

#38 Schnez, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:32 AM
      Panthericus, zenorhk and TheSpaniard like this.
    19. Daantjuh-NL

Daantjuh-NL Woad Raider

My attempt: "Welcome to the Jungle of Secrets"

Attached Files:

Kenji03 and TheSpaniard like this.
    20. mkj13

mkj13 Spearman

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice