Select only and deselect only, not working for non-military units.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by t31os, May 4, 2019.

1. t31os

t31os Berserker

Not sure when this changed or just a bug, but if you swiped a bunch of random units, and say got 3 caravans, 2 villagers and 3 infantry, you could CTRL+click to select one unit type from the group or SHIFT+click to deselect a type from the group, using the group icons. I'm hoping this is bug and not intended.

#1 t31os, May 4, 2019 at 11:56 PM
    Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Ardeshir likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I thought it was control click select only, shift click deselect only when using the icons. Is it not working since the patch?

4. t31os

t31os Berserker

I did indeed mean shift(i'll edit the post), and yes it specifically happens only with economic units. If you swipe your starting units(as one of many examples), scout, spears and villagers, you can shift+click to remove either the spears or scout, but not the villagers. The same thing happens when trying to ctrl+click, the spears or scout work but not the villagers(or any other economic unit for that matter, say a transport or caravan).

Ardeshir likes this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Just played a few more hours since patch and had the issue myself. Couldn't deselect or select only via unit frame in a PvP game, hadn't noticed any issue when playing in skirmish or other PvP games earlier in the day (for me) which was post-patch.

6. Flutters

Flutters Champion

I was just going to post this, I'm having this issue since last patch. Basically when I have more than 1 unit type in a selection group I can't ctrl-click or shift-click the first unit type shown. Happens with any unit type, not just economic ones.

Ardeshir likes this.
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It was definitely the first unit frame in my case when I was having a problem where both ctrl-click and shift-click played up. Didn't think to try the other units selected quickly as I was mid-fight in a losing game. It was villagers but I don't think it has anything to do with unit type. Will test again on ladder tonight if I get time for a game.

EDIT- Definitely first unit frame broken, others work.

#6 Ardeshir, May 7, 2019 at 8:50 AM
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  8. t31os

t31os Berserker

Possibly could be two bugs here then(somewhat related), i can't select or deselect either group if i have 2 groups of economic units selected. Hopefully there's enough detail here for the devs anyway.. :)

Ardeshir likes this.
  9. Flutters

Flutters Champion

I never managed to get anything but the first group to not work properly. If you could find a way to easily reproduce that that would be nice.

Ardeshir likes this.
  10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

What were you playing? PvP, Skirmish, Crete or a Quest? I'll see if I can replicate the issue and no doubt Flutters and anybody lurking will give it a go too.

11. t31os

t31os Berserker

Various legendary quests and a handful of norse region quests.

12. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

This is not a bug, I'm not sure what you are talking about. I just tested it myself personally. You could try deleting your "startup" folder inside your game and running a full scan. Maybe that will fix it.

13. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I got the same issue since "The Realms of the World Quest Pack" came, and it's really frustrating some times. Intresting to hear that more had the issue, when I asked ingame most seemed to have no problem with this. But it is a bug, though not all seem to got it. Will look into that folder pf2k talked about.

[EDIT]
    I deleted the startup folder and tried again, not sure if anything changed, but I still got the bug if I wanna select or deselect the FIRST units in the row, but it works on each of the rest as it used before this bug.

[EDIT #2] OBS!!!
    Since it works as it should on all units but the first in row perhaps more had the bug when I asked to, but they just did selective tests and on the others but the first in row. Plz anyone who thinks they DIDN'T have the bug, try again with the units furthest to the left in the row also specifically.

#12 ByFstugan, May 9, 2019 at 10:49 AM
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  14. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Done the same, deleted startup folder in game install directory, then gamescanned, and I can still do it clicking first unit in frame when selecting any 2 of vills,priest,scout as egy in cyprus. Any other partial reinstall suggestions?

15. Flutters

Flutters Champion

I would try it, but it looks like it would reset my game settings and it didn't work for others so I won't do it. This issue may or may not be because of the last patch, but it's definitely there and looks like a bug to me.

Edit: Only 20% of my post went through -_- Unfortunately these forums have their own issues as well. Anyway, I can reproduce it 10/10 times consistently, please try this: Select any kind of unit and any other different kind of unit, the amount doesn't matter so it can be 1 vil + 1 scout, 3 spearmen + 1 toxotes or whatever. Then shift-click or ctrl-click the 1st type of unit in the UI (or even click the 2nd unit and then normally click the 1st one to try to select it again) and it will have no effect. Shift-clicking should exclude that kind of unit, and ctrl-click should exclude every other type of unit other than the one you clicked.

See this screenshot, this is the UI where it's not working
    xFFiWzI.png

I have an old installation before the last patch somewhere to try it in offline mode.

Ardeshir likes this.
  16. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I didn't check to see if it changed my graphics settings, but deleting the startup folder didn't reset my chat or bindings changes.

17. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I did that also but didn't notice any difference at all.

18. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

I saw this bug for myself now, you are right. It's being looked into now!

ByFstugan and Ardeshir like this.
  19. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Thanks!! Guess we just have to play with select army only/easy army select enabled for the time being.

20. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

We found the fix. It will be patched in the upcoming update!

Thanks for letting us know @t31os :)

Ardeshir and ByFstugan like this.
  21. t31os

t31os Berserker

Happy to report, thanks for the quick fix and to others for sharing reports to.

Ardeshir and PF2K like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice