How to fix PvP/Co-op timeouts

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by PF2K, Oct 31, 2017.

1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Some people can't play coop/pvp because of the timeouts. This can happen because your upload speed isn't fast enough to upload the data to the server so the game counts this as a timeout. I fixed this problem by downloading netlimiter and putting the game priority as critical and changing the critical priority bandwidth reserves to 90% minimal bandwidth and 100% maximal bandwidth which allowed a fixed percentage for the game to use which increased the upload speed.also some people fixed this by enabling DMZ and UPNP (those should be used as a last resort as they come with a big risk of reducing your firewall)

net limiter homepage:https://netlimiter.com/

2. Loading...

3. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

Reminder: if you are on the same lan network (ie. in the same house), you MUST set your launcher to LAN in order to play with others.

It will ALWAYS time out if you do not have this set.

Sadly, this does mean you and your roommate cannot play with your friend online.

4. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I tried the link and got

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.netlimiter.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

this maybe temporary

5. Matt

Matt Spearman

Non of this works for me. Not portforwarding either. I have no idea what causes this. Some players I can coop with and some not. I am all out of ideas on this one.

Desdenovah and Exclusive0r like this.
  6. Makiver9999

Makiver9999 Spearman

7. Kamesh Bhai

Kamesh Bhai Villager

I used to have a similar issue a lot with my old phone. I think this happened because my phone was overheating and couldn't handle the game anymore. Since I upgraded my phone this never happened again. Basically, out of 6 PvP duels today 4 battles were in "auto-mode", I was disconnected and could only watch the replays of those battles .Soooo annoying. And the support annoys me even more, asking to send a screenshot.

8. Geekette

Geekette Spearman

I know this is a old thread, but is a 51.0 Mbit/s upload speed not enough to avoid the timeouts?

9. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Packet loss is another problem. Are you playing over wifi or cable, and is your connection satellite?

10. Geekette

Geekette Spearman

Over cable. Which address can I ping to check my packet loss?

11. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

If it's dropping out of actual games or attempts to start them, it'll be between you and the other player, rather than the Celeste server itself, If it's not letting you log in, or disconnecting while in cities then it's between you and the server. Not sure of the IP though, sorry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice