Critical hits deal 200% damage instead of 300%

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Flutters, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Flutters

Flutters Champion

Title explains it well, as far as I can tell they're supposed to do triple damage according to the old game's wiki and it makes sense because double damage would make critical chance very weak. Tried with hypaspists and egyptian axemen, not posting screenshots because that would be tricky and not very useful for reporting this.
    It's supposed to be 200% bonus damage or 300% base damage, same thing.
    Edit: Tried with hippikons as well, same results.

#1 Flutters, Nov 5, 2018 at 12:27 AM
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    yuri likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Crit was nerfed by old devs in old game to do double instead of triple.

yuri likes this.
  4. yuri

yuri Woad Raider

Bellerophone crit swird can kill faster then zahak... bbut.. not as beautiful..

5. Flutters

Flutters Champion

Thanks, honestly I can't find the original source on that at all even if I try to. It's a bit hard to report bugs sometimes because of outdated info online and even occasional wrong tooltips in-game. I was thinking crit may have been changed before posting this but even now I have no idea why it would get nerfed so hard so I dismissed it.
    I know I'm going off-topic, but I think there should be relevant info on these things somewhere and even updated stats for all current units in the game, both in PvE and PvP. Also the items webpage is outdated as well.

6. Francis Lussier

Francis Lussier Woad Raider

7. Flutters

Flutters Champion

The first link is what I was talking about, it doesn't include the new sword, contains outdated item names since a few patches and Wall of the Architect's health doesn't show up. Not a big deal, but it's worth pointing out and can lead to confusion and even invalid bug reports like this one eventually.

8. john_larry78

john_larry78 Long Swordsman

if u want nostalgia heres another 2 , light spear of sargos used to have 38% snare instead of bonus calv dmg, also heavy spear of enkidu (cypress store leg spear) also had 38% snare. microsoft removed these with the infamous summer patch id like them to bering snare back as it made these items unique and cool

9. john_larry78

john_larry78 Long Swordsman

the other thing is fell handed gauntlets used to be -17.6. now their -8, can these be restored ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice