Fast levelup pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BigMinnie, Dec 15, 2017.

1. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

After starting new game as Greek, Egyptian or Celtic you have to grind really hard to level up. And some content right now is locked behind the level cap (Athens, new winter event, etc.) and when there is no campaign you have only one option, play hundreds of same quests.

So I was thinking, that we could get a pack via mail or a small quest that gives you so much XP that you need to level up. The package would give you as much XP that you need to reach the lvl. 20.

Hawkster and Andy P XIII like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I believe that requiring new players to level up to 40 in order to unlock all of the units and techs was one of the worst decisions they could have made. At the very least, I wish we had to only level up one of the civs.

4. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

Why not then adding a quest that level up you to the max. level 40? If you don't want that, simply just do not play that quest.

#3 BigMinnie, Dec 15, 2017 at 9:53 PM
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  5. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

LOL.
    Play the game if you want the lvl40. Show me one game, only one, when you can skip the campaign and start the fight with the Final Boss. o_O

rtsgamer likes this.
  6. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

Maybe not everybody has the time, to level up every civ. to level 40 and replay the same missions 100 times over?

+ There is no campaign currently and it's even more boring to level up just so you can play end game content...

+ I already said, a simple quest that gives you a option. If you do not want to fast level up you do not need, and will not hurt anyone.

+ At your logic, why do the Persian, Babylonians and Norse start with level 20? They could easily start with level 1 like old civ. Oh right devs found out to level up a civ. from 1 again is stupid because we would need to grind as hell to finish some of the quest, and the story is right now the same :/

#5 BigMinnie, Dec 17, 2017 at 10:30 AM
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  7. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

This is why there are multiple quest-lines. For level +20 you can choose between Argos, Norse or Babylon campaign and for level +30 between Cyprus and Athens campaign.

Whatever you want to call it. If it is boring then it might be not the game for you. PvP and PvE Skirmisher is always active regardless at which level you are. So only the legendaries are locked behind the quest-line.

Because it takes time to develop a whole quest-line with a full-fledged story and it would have taken more time to release those civs if they would have provided a full quest-line for each of one.

rtsgamer and Kulcsos12 like this.
  8. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

But right now none from level 1 to 20... yeah i have babylon civ. at lvl. 40 but I don't like playing them -,-

It's boring because of the grind for stupid levels that does not make any good only that you need to play a ton to grind the XP, but if you do not want players I gladly quit the game it's not my intention to support devs that says "might be not the game for you.". I was hoping for an real answer why maybe it can not be done, because at my point of the view this would not make any harm to anybody...

So you basically agree with that, there is missing content and we just need to grind. I played the game when there were official servers and I had fun playing through campaign and the level didn't make such a big impact because you were leveling while playing. But right now is boring when your only fucking point is to level up, because the content currently in game starts with lvl. 20+ ...

9. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

This is a creative idea. I am not sure we should adopt it, but I definitely agree that it is too repetitive having to replay the same quests over and over again to unlock the legendary quests for each civ. I like the idea of somehow combining the experience and levels of all 6 civs so we only have to level one of them up to level 40.

One particular annoyance with having to grind all civs to level 40 is that it is very difficult to find another coop player who randomly happens to have the same quests unlocked and unfinished. I find myself having to solo grind low level quests, which takes me away from doing the quests I enjoy with others.

Argos and 12 Kingdoms are particularly annoying because of the necessity of accessing Argos and Cyprus legendary quests.

Ensseric and n4bb12 like this.
  10. Ensseric

Ensseric Villager

Here's an example of a game that recognized that a grind through it's extensive campaign just to get to active and current content wasn't worth it:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-service-level-110-character-boost

There is no reason why our AOE server can't do the same.

Also with the above - this service is available with a friend referral and one month free subscription. Essentially a level 110 character for free.

I think we can do level 40 civs.

11. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hey mates; dont forget about Northern Hold's 50% more XP Book.
    And u have also the option to buy it on ep store. That was my way to level up - activate the Boost and made a few good aoeo sessions and already reached lvl40.
    I must say, i was wondered first time that lvl40 was already max level..

Anorther Point; I would like to see more levels more leg items (balanced, cuz logical, why some of an epic items better stats as legs), just in generally more content

HF GL ALL Greetz

12. Ephestion

Ephestion Long Swordsman

Another option is to increase the starting level to 20 for all civs once you unlock level 40. Or you could increase skirmish XP so a people can do some spearmen rushes. Or you can do as already suggested, select one quest or several quests and increase their XP so it makes you reach next level. 40 quests to get to level 40 instead of 120.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice