Some balance for advisors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Freddy Barbera, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Freddy Barbera

Freddy Barbera Long Swordsman

Hi all, here's a little report of the current situation regarding advisors which I thought it would be useful.

We all know that Philon, Agathon, Irene, Agape, Dumnorix, Kleitos, Onesiphoros, Tryphon and a few others are "up there".

Some others are pretty much useless or can't be compared.

Ex: Leonidas, Socrates, Amunet, Cartimandua, Narmer, Tawaret, Minos (there are some others, but I can't remember them all right now) should probably be reworked into something more appealable.

It is also generally known that, save for specific cases, unique fortress units are weaker compared to standard units.

This is a shame, because it diminishes the variety of the game.

Is there a way to fix that? I have read in some other posts that allowing equipment to these units is extremely hard, because it requires serious modifications to the core of the game.

Is buffing their statistics difficult? What about adding techs for in-game improvement (Like, I don't know, somatophylaxes are granted more snare... phalanxes become immune to charges if put in stand ground... helepolises have more damage vs siege... just throwing ideas...)? It could make them a valuable choice or at least it would make them shine in a particular field, instead of just having them overshadowed by standard units.

2. Loading...

3. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

There are a lot advisors who are "useless" or only good for "one quest" or in the wrong age slot. I think that the crew has higher priorities at this moment than to rearrange/fix some advisors. Hopefully one day but for now the "main" advisors we all use are pretty great =)

4. Freddy Barbera

Freddy Barbera Long Swordsman

Yeah, the thing I really meant to say with my question was "is it possible" as in "does the game allow that or is it hardcoded or something"? But I reread that and it sounded more like a "hurry up", I didn't really mean to say that, but I guess that not being a native english speaker makes some little things lost in translation.

Also "hopefully one day" has been my motto about this game for years until I found this server, so patience is not my problem, I didn't mean to be rude :laughing:

5. Serveli

Serveli Spearman

Agreed! Many advisors should be reworked. They are useless, are at a wrong age or are too weak.

Also, unique units from advisors should receive a buff. I don't think that is necessary to create a new technology. A simple buff would do it.

6. RatherWatch

RatherWatch Long Swordsman

I agree that unique units from advisors should be buffed.
    Golden Hippikons are worse than regular Hippikons (divided by pop).
    So many of the unique advisor units just melt like butter in a battle.

7. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Noted, I'll discuss this with the others and see what I can do about them. Buffing them is certainly possible!

Serveli and RatherWatch like this.
  8. Serveli

Serveli Spearman

Thanks a lot for rapid response!

9. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

Just wanted to let you know that I am still looking into this and haven't forgotten about it! In the meantime, you could maybe help me out and list me the names and the effects of the Advisors you think could use some finetuning the most.

10. RatherWatch

RatherWatch Long Swordsman

I've found the (Epic) units from Nynetjer, Lord of the Hunt, Somatophylax Commander Matius, Pezhetairoi Commander Tumerok, Phalanx Commander Herculos, Charioteer Bahadur & Horselord Siavash to all be especially useless.
    Might just need more HP/Armor.

These units are available in Age 3 or 4, but I don't think gear or armory upgrades apply to them, so they melt really quick against basic enemies in lvl 30+ quests.

I think the unit from Nekhbet, Protector of the Lost needs a small nerf - does good dmg, is cheap, fast and trains in 5s - I use it lots.

I think Golden Hippikons should either be buffed, pop count lowered or have training time reduced as everyone gets that advisor and it's a simple strategy (Age4, Fortress, Hippikons & Siege) for noobs struggling to beat a quest.
    Golden Hippikons should be a bit better than upgraded greek Hippikons in my opinion.

11. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

Advisor units also benefit from armory upgrades. I can't say about all of those units you mentioned but I will look into Golden Hippikons for you! :)

12. Kangyx

Kangyx Spearman

I think we could just try to "equip" them, i mean, if the advisor is epic the unit should have "gear" epic.
    The easy way is just add flat dmg or health with typical lvl 40 items like.

Spartan champion shield https://aoedb.net/items/1454/40
    athenas graceful arrows https://aoedb.net/items/581
    hero's bow of apollo https://aoedb.net/items/666/40
    heavy anubite armor https://aoedb.net/items/535
    the vorpal blade https://aoedb.net/items/1009/40
    Athena's Blessed Tunic of Defense https://aoedb.net/items/485/40

for example Nynetjer, Lord of the Hunt, classic archer with bow cloth armor and arrows so you put:

hero's bow of apollo
    athenas graceful arrows
    Athena's Blessed Tunic of Defense

if base health is 134 http://ageofempiresonline.wikia.com/wiki/Desert_Archer (sure is outdated XD)) the epic advisor should have
    134*1.824=244.416 health
    and 12*1.571*1.163=21.9 dmg

other example: Somatophylax Commander Matius, is a soldier with armor, shield and sword so if he has ¿695? base hp and ¿15.4? dps we put them the epic items with flat health and dmg:
    Heavy Anubite Armor
    • Health:+82.4%
    The Vorpal Blade
    • Damage:+57%
    and
    Spartan Champion's Shield
    • Health:+7.9%
    • Damage:+7.9%

so we have:
    -Health 695*1.824*1.079 = 1367.82
    -Damage 15.4*1.57*1.079 = 26

The hard way is "put" specific items to each unit to specialize them even more like more range to the longbowman ie Delian Preceptor's Arrows arrows etc so its like if you would gear them with epic items so its not metagame (not legendary gear and 1 advisor less) but still worth.

*sorry my english
    *im not sure about the stats i wrote but you got the idea

13. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

Just to let you guys know, I haven't forgotten about this! It's still being looked into ;)

RatherWatch and Kangyx like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice