Empire Points <-> Coins

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smufi, Aug 6, 2018.

1. smufi

smufi Villager

Because game is free what makes EP pointless, they should be removed from the game and replaced by Coins. Rewards from quests are too low in comparison how many EP you could buy for real money.

Also farming shitloads of EP just to buy some vanity items is just borring. Make them available for Coins.

Or, an alternative is to add exchange between EP and Coins in both ways.

Eleos and Sleyver like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

I want to bring this up again!

Back at the time, aoeo started, there was the paying for the game business model. In this time, there were vanity shops available in the home-cities, where vanity were available:
    upload_2018-9-11_15-7-43.png
    After some years, Microsoft changed the Business model to free to play and changed the vanity-shops and added the Vanity Island to buy the vanity stuff for EP:
    upload_2018-9-11_15-8-46.png

But now, with the celeste Project, the vanity for EP makes no sense. The business model of the game has changed with the celeste Project, and normaly the players save the EP for the weekend rotation sale out of legendaries.

For 700EP, I can buy a Celeste Legendary in the weekly rotation. When I buy a gauntlet for 700EP, I get a legendary, worth 400k Coins.
    That makes a large persian bush (costs 30EP) worth over 17k coins.

Please change this. Change the prices to coins and bring back vanity into the game. No one is using it, but it would be so much fun, to see some vanity creations back in the Game.

Building something like this:
    R5pxIvN.jpg
    Takes months of farming EP for the vanity. You see the little Hoplit in the picture, without gear? Cost 60 EP, worth over 34k coins...

This needs to be changed!

4. West_In_Pieces

West_In_Pieces Spearman

Empire points and Coins serve 2 very different purposes, and are balanced imo. If you want to decorate your city, there are plenty of statues/decorations you can buy with coins (mostly greek) that can be subsidized with some empire point vanities. Empire points are more about top tier items and vanity for units in my opinion, so replacing them with coins would not make much sense.

5. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

With the celeste Project, this changed. As long as you can buy legendaries with EP, the value of EP is different, as without. Because now you can put a coin value on every EP, because you can compare the 700EP prices with the coin prices on the market.
    Without having legendaries in the EP store, the EP can only be used for consumables and vanity. And therefore the value of EP changes completely.

If that is so, why are all the vanity bushes and fountains, trees and stuff for EP? Is decorating the Home city "top tier"?

As I wrote before, I would suggest, to change the decoration vanity stuff from EP to coins. EP should be used for the EP store. There the value is balanced.

6. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

I want to add: since Moes' is not anymore used so much due to missing change on athene legendaries, a huge gold sink is missing at the moment. Changing cost of vanity items to gold might help economic of this game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice