connection lost but game must saved on server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Touseef, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Touseef

Touseef Villager

Well.. many facing while playing the connection lost .. not the multiplayer..but the normal missions.. there is no save..then restart the mission again! so is there any way the normal mission saved online and can continue from the saved one..well..

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - connection lost game
    1. Atreides
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Netty
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Gerilon
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. galyfa
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. Stephhen
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Player progress is saved on the server, the quest that you were doing when being disconnected should still be in your quest log.. But will have to start fresh, from the beginning ..

4. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

If you finish the quest, and crash, in my experience you will still have your quest completed on the server.

The matches themselves are run client side, but the quests, XP, and everything else is stored server side.

5. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I really think an feuture that saves map for restoring would be in place, both for single as well as multiplayer.

Other AoE-games and similar games has it - it should be solvable - and it would be a great feuture for ppl like myself that on the moment is on a wireless internet and drops rather often.

Also in multiplayer the timer that it takes to kick a player out that has problem is far to short and should as in AoE2 be possible to choose to stay and wait how long you like. I drop from time to time and I've noticed that if I disconnect my wireless and connect again I can make it back before the kick - though it's stupid it happens so fast that you drops even you shouldn't need to.

6. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

The nature of this game makes saving mid-map not feasible.

Beyond that, the dev team is small and is working for free. So I don't foresee an entire save feature like that coming about anytime soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice