[Celeste Weekly Challenge] Notice : Regarding Future Challenges

Discussion in 'PvE Challenges/Tournaments' started by smileyguyx, Apr 1, 2018.

1. smileyguyx

smileyguyx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is with great regret that I must inform you guys that weekly challenges will no longer be continued, due to a request from Microsoft. While not a full fledged DMCA, some friendly staff have informed me about the implications of running such competitions and I have decided that I can no longer in good conscience continue these weekly games. Rewards from the previous event will still be distributed and they've no issue with keeping the threads open, nor the game itself.

While my time running these events was short, I had a great time and learned a lot from all you guys. We can arrange for some in-game competitions instead, which I will inform of details well in advance. In the meantime, I hope to catch you in-game!

If you have any questions, please send me a private message as I was specifically instructed to keep this as private as possible.

edit: check the date or tag! April Fools!

#1 smileyguyx, Apr 1, 2018 at 4:33 AM
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    FeteFatale likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Royaliate

Royaliate Spearman

Ah,

Please try to keep it up,

Really interested in event like this!

I look forward for what the future holds from u!

Loving every event you post

Finally,

Overheard that Microsoft going to shut down

Oddly enough, Bill Gates doesn't give a poop.

Least this game will fall too but I doubt.

Sad , Microsoft is dying

4. T0xic64

T0xic64 Spearman

Not going to happen, MS is not dying and Bill Gates is long out from microsoft. Not animosity here but if you're going to write things like these, just give source. Without credible sources it's just a troll.

truetorment likes this.
  5. Twowords

Twowords Woad Raider

Are you planning any other types of weekly events? I liked to view them and I have attempted to enter them but for some reason every time I try to upload what I am doing, the website doesn't want to accept my upload.

6. smileyguyx

smileyguyx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

To insert an image you need to upload it to any online image hosting site (i use imgur) and paste the link into your reply. Notice how when you click the "insert image" icon, you require a URL?

7. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

It's at least neat to hear from Microsoft staff that running the server isn't a problem. So... here's a question Smileguyx, what was your goal from these contests? As I am sure we can still meet the same goal without skirting the line between legal and illegal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice