CREATE or SELECT the capital city map

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BigMinnie, Nov 17, 2017.

1. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

So I really love to create and play with the style of the capital city, but there are only few nice maps and even harder is to get them. So I was thinking, that it could be nice, to have a map selector for our capital city. So how it would work? There could be a simple UI with list of the maps. When you select the map you could preview them if you like it, you select it and play with it.

BONUS: You could transfer your capital city over to the new map in game. It would cost EP or a lot of gold and it could be a nice reward for us that are enjoying with styling our capital city.

OR just make that we could create our own map with the map editor but the problem is, that the map need x % of water (for dock) and x % of land for all the buildings you need to play.

Appius, solar, DynasticPlanet and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Good suggestion. And if one get's a bad map you should have at least one free switch :)

4. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

I was thinking you could already select the map before the random city map is created but ye, this could be better, it would also be good for players that already have shity map and they could get 1 free change, khm me khm :D

I hope developers can find a way to do something :)

5. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I understood that, but MANY of us has already got our first random city map generated, so we would need a free switch or delete and start over otherwise - the later I find as a REALLY bad alternative. And if new players may choose for free, old ones should get that also.

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What would happen to all of the buildings, stores, and decoration currently on our capital city?

7. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

Maybe some sort of chest like empire vault but you can only take items out. So when you change the map every building is transferred back to blueprint and transported to "map vault" or something.

8. Ryddag

Ryddag Banned
    Banned

Good idea but not possible like the game is actually designed and we can't change this.

9. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

ah, that's too bad :(

Could you maybe tell us if anything can be done at this? Maybe at least some better RNG system or more maps?

10. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sadly, unless you created your civ with this in mind, you cant change the map without re-creating your civ. (For the reasons that Ryddag posted)

11. Ryddag

Ryddag Banned
    Banned

Their is no rng system at all for capital city (just an map set of 6 maps per civ for standard civ and 3 maps per civ for pro, choose randomly at character creation) because those map need to be an scenario file who already include base building for it.
    And yes we can create new map (with the required building) and add them to the list of available capital map.

12. BigMinnie

BigMinnie Spearman

I meant that... this random system is really not fun, when I create a city for 10th time and it's still the same map...

Are you guys planing on adding new maps? If the time is problem, maybe you could create a community contest.

13. Royaliate

Royaliate Spearman

I'm triyng to overcome the worst layout for Greek civilization right now XD, it seems alright atm, you can check mine to see the slow progress :3

NCSGeek likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice