Optional "No Unit" Quests, Queued Mistakes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ConradIII, Jun 5, 2023.

1. ConradIII

ConradIII Champion

Hi Guys
    There are several quest with optional - "No Ranged" or "Cav Only" etc

They are really annoying - 1 slight unwanted clik and you are toast.
    The unit can be queued and never come out - but you are still toast

Is possible to allow queued units not count - I mean they are still in production.
    I only ask as I am following the latest Elites in Blah and boy am I frustrated to clik a mounted archer and find it isn't cav (It's on a horse), or the worst Egypt accidentally cliking the wrong unit in my blind haste . I cancel the demon in the queue but too late - I am toast . Romans come a good second - but only Greek , Celt and Persian is safe - don't build the production building and you can be relatively safe
    thanks for any consideration - Queued Units are not on the battlefield .... in my universe

Ardeshir likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. t31os

t31os Berserker

It's been discussed previously and unfortunately as far as i understand with how the game logic works, there's no easy way to write or build that distinction in, for what is essentially a really annoying inconvenience. I know i've brought this up before and it also drives me nuts. It's really easy to do when you're using hotkeys for unit training and accidently hit the key beside the correct one. There's one civ (babs or persia i think) that changes the spearman hotkey (as an example), and when you're running a "build only spearman" objective it's really easy for muscle memory to kick in and hit the wrong key (a split second mistake and you've only queued the unit, not trained it).

ConradIII and Ardeshir like this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Persia, because Sparabara are the age 1 infantry

Don't worry, everyone that PvEs wants this. Problem is as t31os has mentioned it'd involve back end changes which limits the people that can work on it to the 4 busiest devs aside from the animators. Granted, considering how "build x unit type by y time" quest requirements work (by requiring the unit/s to actually finish training) I've always wondered if the code for that could be repurposed for "don't make x unit" quest requirements.

ConradIII likes this.
  5. ConradIII

ConradIII Champion

Thanks guys - it was worth a try
    I didn't think the code would be too complicated - if a bad actor gets into the game - it's a 'fair cop'
    The annoy bit it is you cancel them before they pop out - should cancel the penalty - But if its too complicated then ... it is what it is .
    Rage quit and start again LoL

Ardeshir likes this.
  6. FocusNut

FocusNut Spearman

Wondering if there is another way to solve this.. Like may be pop up a confirmation dialog if you are trying to create a unit that is banned by optional (for the first time)?

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice