EMIC help...

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by bluesome, Mar 10, 2023.

1. bluesome

bluesome Champion

I'm able to play a lot of 2 or 3 stars leg quests (expecially the ones tha leave me create a good eco without being assaulted by lots of enemies soon) but I cant't win Emic in any way. I watched lots of videos but nothing to do...I can't afford it...I can't defend walls and enemies enter in my space very soon. It is exist a strategy for very defensive player like me? Thanks for anything you could suggest me.

2. Loading...

3. Atlas008

Atlas008 Villager

Emic is not about defending the wall, it is about camping the 4 spawns there are 2 main ones on the extreme right, one top and one bottom. Solo emic is not easy you need good eco speed and good gear/advisors. There are a couple main tips:

1) You MUST get a sizable force on the 2 main spawns before wave 10 or you will lose (this is the first siege wave and if you allow waves to fully spawn its over)

2) Use melee units with decent dmg like cavalry or strong infantry

3) Make fake walls in front of the premade wall (a fake wall is just a wall segment on its own, it soaks but damage and attracts enemy aggro but because it is not connected to anything only that segment takes dmg, make like 20 of these in front of the premade wall)

4) Towers should be made a bit early behind the premade wall, you should have around 18-20 total including the starting ones. These combined with the fake walls in front will buy you enough time that you can focus on your eco and get army out.

5) buy upgrades as you eco because you must get a decent sized force to the spawns before wave 10, i cannot stress enough how important this is.

6) you do not need as many units on the side spawns as the main spawn because the side spawn only rarely sends siege

7) Once you have armies at spawns you should make towers around those areas to provide extra damage. Last 8 waves are especially strong

8) last and most important tip. Play coop, it is much easier.

Slyrevick and bluesome like this.
  4. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

they do spawn siege on wave 31 but otherwise never.

bluesome likes this.
  5. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

If you want to solo EMIC, I would suggest Rome with Crassus advisor - The huge boost of gold and increased pop means that you can have a full 220 legionaries out roughly wave 20, and thus be safe.
    With that said, EMIC is one of the hardest quests to solo currently especially after it got shortened.

bluesome likes this.
  6. bluesome

bluesome Champion

Thanks for the advices, I'm realizing I just can't win EMIC solo at the moment. I would like to extend the discussion to the fact that I'm not fast at the beginning and therefore I can't do everything super fast to get organized and attack in a few minutes. My technique is to protect myself with fortresses and in the meantime boom the economy and set up constantly gold and food with farms and caravans in an safe area. So, creating many barracks and making all the advances, I can have an infinite number of soldiers and win by exhaustion of the enemy. I'm good when I have a map that's easy to secure (only one enemy entrance, or enemies don't attack you soon), so I have time to expand to the max and then start advancing by attacking. I can do various legendary quests with these characteristics, two or three stars, do you think with practice I can improve and better understand a less random and fast starting? Think that even if I'm a very old player I only recently started daring the legendary, and for me it's already a lot to have figured out how to have infinite money to attack constantly (caravan... it wasn't clear to me until recently so I haven't an hope to win!). I accept constructive advice and comments! Thank you!

7. Donar

Donar Berserker

I recommend you to use hotkeys for building placements and unit production.
    Change hotkeys to be easier to use like:
    QWE
    ASD
    Q First unit like spearman
    W Second Unit like Hypaspist

Q for Barracks on every civ
    A for Archery
    S for Stables

Write the Hotkeys down on a paper. Dont click on the pictures anymore. Use the Hotykey whatever long it takes.

Bulk up the main unit you need with good gear (ramses gloves etc)

I use idle vill hotkey at spacebar and check it constantly.

Hf

bluesome likes this.
  8. bluesome

bluesome Champion

Thank you Donar, I'm using only my hotkeys (I name groups of militarys or barracks to move or produce faster) but I see it's a good thing to use any good default hotkey like all-idle-vills, all ingegners, all military units...). I'm changing the keys as you suggested..is there a way to create an hotkeys to find ALL THE BARACKS or THE STABLES together? Not one by one. Thank you in advance!

9. Donar

Donar Berserker

I think its only possible to find them one by one. But you can double click and add other stables to the selection by holding shift i think up to 100 stables and produce the strg +1 etc group

bluesome likes this.
  10. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

I like to bind "select all units of the same type" and just click one ie:barrack or click my current control group for it and then select all of the same type then rebind.
    There's probably some other ways, but "all of the same type" just works well with so many things.

bluesome likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice