Regular buildings as City Decoration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by i3ackero, Nov 28, 2021.

1. i3ackero

i3ackero Long Swordsman

NPC regions often have regular gameplay buildings and we are unable (if I'm mistaken, please help me find it) to place them in our capital city. By regular buildings I mean everything Villagers can build. It would be really nice to place some farms, temples or military buildings and create somehow disctirct identity.

Of course the cooldest thing would be walls, but I assume that whould be hard to do using UI provided by decoration items as those really have specific logic. But walls are really something that identifies city and its borders the most.

Donar, Kulcsos12 and JoshTheAspi like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Eleos

Eleos Spearman

I know this is old... but city design is one of my favorite aspects of the game. This would help a TON!

aceloki likes this.
  4. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

as far as I'm away, buildings are steadily being added to the Vanity Island - Wonders and Towers are currently available. Keep in mind that the dev team is currently concentrating on India - With that said, I would like to eventually see the full set of buildings.

Also iirc walls are something that are extremely hard to code in a capital city due to the pathing of the various vanity villagers. Even now I occasionally get isolated vanity villager spawns in unpathable areas due to placing small buildings there.

aceloki likes this.
  5. Donar

Donar Berserker

Also the baluster, celtic stones and bushed make a nice structure in the home town

6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Varied house models for each civ like the buildable ones in quests/skirmish/pvp games would be cool too. Rotating the one model only varies up things so much.

Granted, while it doesn't take a whole new 3d model because they already exist ingame, I'm sure it's not a snap of the fingers to do. Would the 2-3 house models per civ need to each be separate items to purchase to place, and not be cycle-able like they are in play or something because of a home city limitation?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice