Possible Advisor changes for all civs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Romaniac01, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Hi,

I have a few possible advisor changes if interested.

Greeks:
    The 2 units almost never used are Peltast and Sari.

Peltast:
    See this link, Peltast with even Alexander the Great has only 23 range, lower than many ranged units without advisors.

Alexander should give like 100% more range for Peltast to get to 38 range or so
    Toxotes has already got a high amount of dmg in comparison to many other bowmen (the highest dps per pop by far), I think Alexander should also reduce some dmg for Toxotes. The 30% Attack speed is possibly not needed considering Toxotes also has so many other bonus vs.
    https://unitstats.projectceleste.com/?build=bf860c8e925fce7f23aea8a9b0e743bf53c5a5e34a2c63e7a8b7d7a9

Sari:
    Aristocrat Apollonius should increase the dmg of Sari by 20% because has a low dps per pop of any ranged unit.

Egyptians:
    The 2 units almost never used are Slinger and Camel, but because Camel isn't used, then Chariot archer is not used usually.

Camel vs Podromos has almost 50% less dmg.
    https://unitstats.projectceleste.com/?build=de3fb6ba495034370488b29cabd4624e899c473b6fe849c19f73ad8f

I would say Kephri should not be used to change elephant price to gold. War elephant is already almost the best and most used unit, use Kephri to improve camel and chariot archer dmg.

Note current Kephri with Lord Eochaid Muighmedon reduces the elephant price by 20% (75gold) and trains 5% faster...

Slinger:
    Sobek gives spearman and axeman bonuses, but slinger comes from the same building and these 3 units complement each other.
    Sobek should give 30 more dmg and range to slingers .

Celts:
    Slingers are almost never used:
    https://unitstats.projectceleste.com/?build=d1cfcee4d6d7abe3d3d961b7024a2ba4f8e32f716bbf5001ee623892

Ambiorix is only Epic, but if it could give them some more range...

Persia:
    I think all these units are very good as they are

Romans:
    Cretan Bowman, Balearic Slingers and Scorpios are almost never used.

Cretan Bowman, Balearic Slingers:
    They are great units with nice dmg, but their range is why most don't use them.

In my opinion the advisor Mark Anthony is mostly obsolete once you have Pompey.

I propose to change Mark Anthony to give Cretan Bowman and Balearic Slingers 30% more range.
    What you can do, if you wish is to have mark give all of the units Auxilia Camp something.
    As in Leave Mark Anthony with dmg for Gallics while also giving Bowman and Slingers 20% more range.

Scorpios:
    A good unit and does nice dmg, but the range is very poor and thus dies very fast.
    Vitruvius is not necessary for Onagers. I recommend that Vitruvius only gives scorpios 40% range and LOS.

Babylonians:
    Bowman and Slinger.

King Nebuchadnezzar does not need to give Lancer dmg.
    Maybe instead it should give Bowman, Slinger and Mounter Archer 30% more dmg and attack and see 30% further.

Lancers still got Agamemnon.

Norse:
    Raider and Skirmisher.

Raider:
    There is no need to ever use Raider if you have Finnulfr.
    Raider Champ Bonus vs Villagers is only good for the enemy AI, it does nothing for players, cos the AI usually has a ton of resources.
    If that was 100% more bonus dmg Buildings, then this would be a fantastic anti building unit.
    The Enemy AI, would not be improved, because almost always it will target units first.
    Keep the Snare.

Skirmisher:
    This unit is very complicated, because it is for a very specific role, anti-ranged and only anti ranged and sucks vs every single other unit cos it has like 20 max dps.
    I would need major changes to everything for this unit to be viable.

bbgambini likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Donar

Donar Berserker

I can agree with most points but would say considering 5 star quests Toxotes should have the bonus attack, elephants should stay the same with kephris and Lancer should stay the same with Nebu, don't fell they are too strong, i would feel without Nebu they are too weak especially vs buildings. Others then that seems legit

4. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I m just gonna say this is so boring to read. Most of the suggestions here: "Ranged unit is not used that much, let s give it more range." Cant we get something more unique like let s give peltasts more hp and ignore armor, let s give the bab bows more dmg against inf and slingers against ranged. Why do we need to do the same thing again on all ranged untis?

5. Donar

Donar Berserker

We need poison damage :D

6. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

How often do you use skirmishers?
    If never, then your comments don't make sense

7. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice