By PF2K on Oct 20, 2022 at 6:20 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Greetings Celeste players! It's been a while, but we are back with another Developer Blog. This time, we will be showcasing what's coming in the next content update patch for the game, which is scheduled to go live on October 22nd, 2022.

Halloween Event Launch Date
    ===================================

[​IMG]
    As showcased in our previous blog, the Halloween Event is scheduled to launch on October 23rd, 2022, 12:01 UTC, and will last until November 20th.

The Event will feature new Legendary and Minigame quests, as well as limited-edition Gear, Vanity, Capital City decoration items and more. Stay tuned for additional news regarding the Event in its own launch blog!

Legendary Chest Overhaul
    ========================
    [​IMG]
    As part of our ongoing efforts to improve the players' gameplay experience, we have done additional changes to the loot system and how quests hand out rewards.

To begin, we are converting all Legendary chests given in quests to Celeste Legendary Chests, meaning that Classic Legendary Chests will be discontinued. This means that all Legendary quests will now drop every eligible Legendary item, including Classic Legendary quests. This was done partly to encourage playing all the content available in the game without feeling like players are missing out on the good loot, as shown in our player feedback forms in previous surveys.

For nostalgia's sake, we are keeping Classic Legendary Chests for the quest Legendary: Recapturing Marion (similar to how we excluded it from the star difficulty system reward formula), but we're increasing the number of chests handed out by this quest.

Additionally, we are introducing a star-based Celeste Legendary Chest system that is aimed to reward players for playing more difficult Legendary quests.

To be clear, these chests all share the same loot table, but what's different between these chest tiers is that the higher-tier the Celeste Legendary Chest, the likelier it is to drop Legendary items.

These chests are available solely as Legendary Quest rewards and not part of any other quest, nor any of the guarded treasure camps inside quests.

Other non-Legendary quests - such as Elite quests, questline completion reward quests, etc. - will continue awarding Celeste Legendary Chests, although they now all award Celeste Legendary Chests and not Classic Legendary Chests.

Lastly, we are increasing the drop rate of all Legendary items across the board. This is aimed to help new players catch up and get themselves geared up and ready to go without having to save a lot of coin.

Official Treasure Chest Guides
    ============================
    We have a lot of different treasure chests in Age of Empires Online! To reduce confusion on what chests award what item types and of what rarity, here is the definitive and official guide to Age of Empires Online chests:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stackable Blueprints
    =====================
    [​IMG]
    Another feature we are excited to bring to you is the ability to stack Blueprints in your inventory. This should help save a ton of space in players' inventory, particularly those who like to decorate their Capital Cities.

Advisor Reworks and Changes
    ============================
    [​IMG]
    Another upcoming update to the game is reworks and changes to existing Advisors! Stay tuned for future updates on this.

Update on the Indian Civilization
    ==============================
    As you might have read on our latest Indian Dev Blog, we are currently short on 3D Animators in our team, and it is slowing down the progress of development significantly.

If you or someone you know can spare a few hours a week (or something around that) who has previous experience with animating (preferably in Blender), please send me (PF2K) or Max v.R. or Eamon (Chaos) a message on Discord with a few examples of your previous work so we can bring you in on the team. Thanks in advance for your help!
    (PF2K's Personal Note: This is how Eamon got in the team as well!)

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading, and we look forward to reading your thoughts and questions below!

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.
    Read every Indians related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Oct 20, 2022 at 6:20 PM
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Servimomia

Servimomia Woad Raider

Better rewards for more difficult quests is a fully fair idea, thanks for that. Additionally, the new icons looking pretty. Increase leg items droppage is also very good, currently is very hard to find a good item.
      Thanks also for making the blueprints stckable. Our inventories (full of items reserved to the Indians ;)) are always needing a little help.
      Could be possible to allow stack summer mats to 250, same as other epic mats?

truetorment and PF2K like this.
    2. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

I'll add it to my list!

Servimomia and Provin915 like this.
    3. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

I am somehow worried by the amount of work the team produce.

it looks like they don't sleep ( for real ).

truetorment and Servimomia like this.
    4. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

Super awesome update, team! The stackable blueprints and chest guides are superb!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    5. Servimomia

Servimomia Woad Raider

THANK YOU! :)
      ...and forgot to thank you also for the guide, very helpful indeed.

truetorment likes this.
    6. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

Awesome update - thanks guys.

7. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

All chests Celest-kind:
      Nice change, I accually suggested this in some live chat somewhere and I know some of you devs picked up on it as a good idea - I almost thought it was forgotten, but here it is. Nice. I'm likelly not the only one who suggested this since the old classic chest with their "none-of-the-really-good-items-in-them" kinda made that kind of quests less intresting to play.

Higher tier chests:
      Nice change, sounds very good. There was talk about a coming addition to have a "Quest rotation system" where some random quest gave extra rewards during the time they are in that pool - I wonder if they also will have "higher tier chests" than usual then also? And to what degree? One (or more) level better? Max level?

Stackable blueprints:
      Nice. Very nice. What about stackable advisors? Me and some friends save for new potential friends that might start to play, so it can be useful though it might not sound so at first :)

Advisor reworks:
      Looking forward to it. You guys usally make the right calls here.

TY for all the work you do <3

Servimomia and Andy P XIII like this.
    8. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Nice work on the QoL as always guys

Andy P XIII and truetorment like this.
    9. PeppeLePoint

PeppeLePoint Spearman

thanks for the hard work you guys!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    10. Inaki199595

Inaki199595 Villager

I have a question about the stacks: It is feasible to make a way to unstack and separate items for like, sending resources to a friend or another capital through the Emprie Vault? I think that would be a nice QoL feature.

11. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

That's already possible! Just shift-click your item in the inventory.

12. Inaki199595

Inaki199595 Villager

Ooooooh, I didn't know that! Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice