Beginners Guide to level up all civs fast to level 40

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by Donar, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Donar

Donar Berserker

Hi everyone,

a lot of players asked me questions, when i gave them tips how to level up all civs fast to level 40, so i figured out a way for at least mediocre players:

1. Create a empire with every civ and get the milestones, which are availible at the start like Slyrevick mentioned:

"You don't have to reach lvl 40 to get milestones
    You have milestones at lvl 5,10,20
    Talatat Construction being excellent to level up faster"

Aryzel already made a list with all the milestones, there is mostly a clear decision which milestone to pick, some of them are dependend on your playstyle. Aryzel already gave tips with the colors "good choice" etc.

https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/guide-part-4-milestones-needs-input.4454/

Once you choose all the milestones on every civ you can pick one milestone from every other civ on the civ you are currently playing, which will give you instantly advantages for the faster leveling up.
    Just go to the "Milestones" and click on one milestone of another civ, it will have a white circle around the milestone you choosen.
    The milestone you choosen from another civ can be changed without cost. But keep in mind, the one you actually choosen from leveling up is permanent it is really costly to change (1000 empire points), so choose wisely from the start.

2. Start with a pro civ: Persians, Babylonian or Norse, so you will be able to do the questline:
    "Northern Hold".

https://ageofempiresonline.fandom.com/wiki/Northern_Hold

Play till the quest "City Defense: Sens". After this a guy on the fire pit gives you the global quest, where you can get the XP-Boost and the Coin Boost (Coin boost just comes in handy, when you want to get a few extra coin. You can actually do several 10k coin missions and don't get the reward. Use coin boost (works 24 h) on one civ and then get all loot "coin boosted" for every civ, it will work for 24h for all civs).

You can do any city defense, but i think Sens will be the easiest. Just get one treasury at the start, get the victory tower nearby and sneak the enemy victory tower or at least hold 2 victory towers at your side. Leave a mycenian defender on the other treasuries, so the enemy does not get too much gold, so you can win the mission and get both boost for one quest. Sometimes it is easier if the hero sokes up some damage and get killed, he will be faster replaced, then he will completely healed.

The best way to use XP boost is to do several missions without getting the loot at the first day. On the next day use XP boost and get every loot for all civs and missions you prepared, you will get +50% XP for all mission. Then you have 24h to level up. Make sure you use it on a saturday evening, so you can play the next day again using the same XP boost.

3. Use the level 20 questline: Fertile Crescent. (Or recommenden way: Argos + Cyprus)

The missions give massive XP with the XP boost and are imo really easy, once you figured out the optimal way: I usually use Infantry or other key units like babylonian Lancer + rams from siege work, often you don't need more then copper armory and Silver Age.

https://ageofempiresonline.fandom.com/wiki/Fertile_Crescent_Quests

I usually play until mission 25 without he amrosia project, which are funny missions but don't give so much XP.

Now your civ is around level 30 and you can start with Athen's Questline (for advanced players). The 4 starting missions are a bit tricky with strat, but outside the event times you will usually found a coop player, which also want to complete the questline since you can get Mileto, Sardes etc. legendary missions.
    If you are good enough with coop you can even spear rush the AI on certain maps and snipe the other tc with good enough teamwork.

I saw a tip in Discord from Annabelle: You can gain XP via Skirmish Quests in Cyprus. You can either try it with spear rush the enemy in standard mode (only have to destroy the enemies tc or use a consumable called "Special Ability: Heroic Aid" to get an instant army. The only catch is: It is only availible in the winter event, you get the consumable 5 times for 300 winter points at the Gingerbread Goodies on Winter Isle.

The Cyprus Questline is much easier for beginners like FrogsPoison mentioned so maybe go for this Questline first!

You will not even have to complete the Questline and you will be already at level 40, by also using the XP boost on the next day.

4. If you are fast enough you can even use the still active XP boost on a level 3 civ like romans, celts or greeks to level up faster till level 20, where you get the next XP boost and repreat the procedure.

5. There is a fast tactic with egyptian, where you get fast age 2 and use the champ spear upgrade, getting all the food at the map and you can finish most missions under 10 min with spamming mainly spears and couple of axeman. I saw that in pvp games, where TheMista used the champ spears to rush the enemy, i think it got nerfed in pvp, but in pve it still works.

6. Once you are level 20 you can go to Tarsos and buy: Mycenean heavy gloves for all units or this possibility:

https://search.projectceleste.com/?tab=0&search=gloves

and i also buy Hood of the Resolute in this store, it is very cheap, even when you will replace these items very late in your gear progression though.

7. Rare or even uncommon advisors help also, like

Age 1: Irene (some civs get it right at the starting quests for free)

Age 2: If you can effort: Dumnorix, Zeno (for harder quests) or free: Village Elder. On many easy quests it is not neccessary to set up a market trading route, since once it would kick in, the mission could be already over.

Village Elder in Skirmish rush: https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/skirmish-rush-guide-and-pre-40-bis-list.5340/
    You can easy win the advisor with every civ if the opponent is standard babylonian (he will have shield bearers, which don't hurt much). I use oasis small map, very high player resources and just rush the TC with spears or Sparabaras.

Age 3: If you can effort: Pamphilos or Seneb (only egyptian, he is cheap in GM)

Age 4: King Agamemnon (free in Skirmish rush)

8. How do i get coins?

The advantage of having all civs level 40 is, you have 7 coin boost and can play the 10k gold legendary mission. Learn the legendary missions via Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/RekiemOne and https://www.youtube.com/@Psychosaurus is one i use but there are also other good pve players you can watch, just type the civ you use and the mission in youtube like:

age of empires online celts valley of king solo (or coop).

If you get the tricks from a person, who is able to solo, you will usually get the way to win in coop much easier.

Also you can do event missions on all civs and get more event gear you actually need and you can sell a lot of stuff later for good prices.

Once you are level 40 epic gear is mostly good enough to do the harder missions, beside the legendary advisors, you will need, but one day you will get them.

Have fun!

________________________________________________________________________________

For my german friends, für die deutschen Freunde:

Hallo an Alle,

viele Spieler fragten mich, wie man schnell auf level 40 kommt, deswegen habe ich diese Anleitung geschrieben, die man leicht hinbekommen sollte:

1. Erstelle ein Imperium mit jeder Zivilisation und hole die die Meilensteine, die es bereits von Anfang an zu holen gibt, wie es Slyrevick erwähnt:
    Du musst nicht Level 40 erreichen, um Meilensteine zu haben, es gibt sie auch auf Level 5, 10 und 20. Talatat Bau ist exzellent um schneller zu leveln.

Aryzel hat bereits eine Liste mit allen Meilensteinen gemacht, meist gibt es eine klare Entscheidung, welcher Meilenstein zu wählen ist, einige sind aber von deinem Spielstil abhängig. Aryzel hat auch gezeigt, welche zu bevorzugen sind, diese sind farblich gekennzeichnet.

https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/guide-part-4-milestones-needs-input.4454/

Sobald du alle Meilensteine von jeder Zivilisation gewählt hast, kannst du zusätzlich noch mit der Zivilisation, mit der du gerade spielst einen weiteren Meilenstein für jede Zivilisation wählen und hast dadurch zusätzliche Vorteile. Zum Beispiel mit den Kelten hast du bereits deine 5 kelitschen Meilensteine und kannst noch einen von den Griechen wählen, einen von den Persern usw.

Gehe dazu einfach zu Meilensteine und klicke auf die Meilenseine einer anderen Zivilisation und ein weißer Kreis wird darum erscheinen. Diese Auswahl kostet dich nichts. Aber denke daran, die Meilensteine, die du für deine spezifische Zivilisation gewählt hast bleiben permanent und kosten 1000 Imperiumspunkte, falls du sie für eine Zivilisation zurücksetzen möchtest.

2. Starte eine Profi Zivilsation: Perser, Babylonier oder Skandinavier. Hier wirst du direkt die Missionslinine "Nordische Feste" haben.

https://ageofempiresonline.fandom.com/wiki/Northern_Hold

Spiele bis zur Mission: "Stadteroberung: Sens". Danach erschein ein Barde (Missionsgeber) an dem blauen Feuer und du bekommst die globale Mission, bei der du den XP-Boost (Weisheit des Imperiums) und den Coin-Boost bekommen kannst. Der Coin-Boost (Reichtümer des Imperiums) ist nur ein kleines Extra, wichtig ist der XP-Boost. Später kannst du den Coin-Boost eh kaufen und erledige dann einfach einige Missionen ohne die Belohnung zu nehmen. Sobald es sich lohnt aktivierst du den Coin-Boost und sammelst alle Missionen mit +50% Coin ein.

Um den XP-Boost zu bekommen spiele eine Stadtverteidigung. Sens wäre das leichteste. Hol dir direkt die Schatzkiste am Anfang und gleich den Siegesturm. Du kannst auch den Siegesturm vom Gegner direkt einnehmen, jedenfalls ist es wichtig zumindes 2 Siegestürme zu haben. Lass ein paar Enheiten an dem Turm und der Schatzkiste, damit du es nicht verlierst, so kannst du sogar beides Boosts direkt bekommen. Manchmal ist es einfacher den Held sterben zu lassen, so dass er wieder mit vollen HP erscheint.

Der beste Weg den XP-Boost zu verweden ist es einige Missionen gemacht zu haben, ohne die Belohnung einzusammeln. Sobald du genug Missionen zusammen hast nutze den XP-Boost, der für 24 Stunden hälst und sammel die Missionen ein, am besten spielst du an einem Wochenende oder wenn du frei hast, so dass du gleich mal 10-20 Missionen mit einem Boost reißen kannst. Der XP-Boost gilt sogar gleichzeiten für alle anderen Zivilisationen auch.

3. Mache die Level 20 Missionslinie: Argos (leicht) oder Fertile Cresent (Der fruchtbare Halbmond) (sehr schwer, wenn du mit Athen fortsetzen möchtest)

Empfohlener Weg: Argos gibt es sehr leichte Missionen und mit dem XP-Boost bist du Level 40 bevor du die Questline überhaupt fertig hast.

Alternative: Fertile Cresent (Der fruchtbare Halbmond) + Athen

1. Diese Missionen geben sehr viel XP und sind relativ leicht. Meist reicht es schon mit Infanterie oder Lancern die Mission zu rushen, man braucht keine Elitearmee aus dem goldenen Zeitalter. Die Schmiede bis Kuper oder Bronzewaffen reicht auch meist aus.

https://ageofempiresonline.fandom.com/wiki/Fertile_Crescent_Quests

Ich spiele die Mission meist bis Level 25 bis zum Ambrosia Projekt, es sind coole Missionen aber geben wenig XP.

Wenn du Level 30 bist und es dir zutraust kannst du die Athen Missionslinie spielen, wenn du aber kein sehr erfahrener Spieler bist, dann gehe lieber zu gleich Argos und nicht nach Babylon bzw. Athen. Die Athen Missionen sind auch eher im Kooperation Modus zu empfehlen.

Tipp von Annabelle: Du kannst XP bekommen im Skirmish in Zypern. Rush den Gegener einfach mit Speerkämpfern und mache den Spielmodus Standard, da musst du nur das Dorfzentrum zerstören und der Gegner ist sofort hinüber. Noch einfacher geht es mit dem Consumable: Heroic Aid von dem Winter Event.

Die Zyprus-Missionslinie hat FrogsPoison empfohlen, da es viel leichter ist als Athen.

Wenn du deine Zivilisation bereits auf Level 40 gebracht hast und der XP-Boost bereits aktiviert ist, kannst du ihn direkt für die nächste Zivilsation verwenden.

4. Wenn du schnell bist hast du den XP-Boost sogar für einen Anfänger-Zivilisation wie die Römer auf Level 3, Kelten oder Griechen. Dann kommst du schneller auf Level 20 und bekommst direkt den nächsten XP-Boost usw

5. Mit Ägyptern kannst du schnell ins 2. Zeitalter gehen und die Speerkämpfer entwickeln, dadurch kosten sie nur noch Nahrung und werden sehr schnell erschaffen. Sammel einfach genug Nahrung ein, dann kannst du viele Missionen unter 10 Minuten schaffen. TheMista hat die Taktik sogar im PvP genutzt.

6. Wenn du Level 20 erreicht hast, dann geh nach Tarsos und kaufe die die Handschuhe (Zagrosianische schwere Handschuhe) für Soldaten und die Hut (Kaputze des Entschossenen) für deine Dorfbewohner.

https://search.projectceleste.com/?tab=0&search=gloves

7. Berater egal ob ungewöhnlich oder selten helfen bereits in niedrigen Leveln z. B.:

Zeitalter 1: Irene (Wirtschaftsupgrades spottbillig)

Zeitalter 2: Dumnorix oder Zeno (Besserer Handel mit Karavanen) oder Dorfältester (schnelle
    Dorfbewohner erschaffen). Den Dorfältesten gibt es in Zypern von einer Skrimish Mission. Dazu muss die KI auf standard stehen und der Gegner muss der Dorfälteste sein.

Zeitalter 3: Paphilos oder Seneb (nur Ägypter) um Gebäude schnell nierzureißen.
    https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/skirmish-rush-guide-and-pre-40-bis-list.5340/

Der Link führt zur englischen Anleitung für Skirmish Rush.

Man kann die Berater alle leicht mit dem Sperrrush bekommen. Einfach alles auf standard setzen außer die Ressourcen und schnell 20 – 30 Speermänner auf das Dorfzentrum.

Zeitalter 4 : König Agamemnon (+5% HP/Angriff) auch im Skirmish Rush

8.Wie komme ich an Münzen?

Du hast jetzt alle Zivilsationen auf Level 40. Du hast 7 Coin- Boosts. Du kannst einige Missionen spielen, die 10k Münzen oder mehr geben. Schaue auf Youtube, wie man die Missionen schafft z. B.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RekiemOne

https://www.youtube.com/@Psychosaurus

Es gibt noch einige andere gute Spieler, gibt einfach die Mission ein und die Zivilisation und du findest dazu etwas. Wahrscheinlich wirst du aber eher fündig, wenn du es auf englisch eingibst.

Durch Eventitems wird man schnell reich. Da du jetzt alles auf Level 40 hast kannst du die Event-Missionen spielen und oft ein Item für 100k, 200k oder sogar über 1millionen Münzen verkaufen.

Die meisten Level 40 epischen Items sind gut genug selbst für schwerere Missionen, bei den Beratern ist aber oft die Legendäre Version im 4. Zeitalter die besser Wahl, teilweise gibt es sie schon günstig zu kaufen.

#1 Donar, Jan 3, 2022 at 2:20 AM
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    Slyrevick, RickGrins, Hothn and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

I would strongly NOT suggest the Athens questline. Athen's is pretty !@#$ing hard. I would suggest Cyprus, which will get you from 30 nearly all the way to 40 by itself, are much easier, AND you can get an epic Timo at the end, who is an incredibly powerful advisor especially for newer players who may need to rely on Palintonins and Throwers for taking out walls and buildings quickly, as well as unlock a large number of easier legendary quests.

4. Donar

Donar Berserker

The Cyprus Questline is much easier thats true and it will also get you to level 40 fast. Didn't take this in mind.

I added your idea in the guide :)

#3 Donar, Jan 3, 2022 at 2:13 PM
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  5. NannyOgg

NannyOgg Long Swordsman

with ll my civs at 40, I actually miss quests I can'i play again. :(
    maybe I'm alone in that

6. Donar

Donar Berserker

You can ask newer players to do co op in older quests

7. FoxThorne

FoxThorne Villager

I am honestly very confused. The title says "Beginners Guide to level up all civs fast to level 40" and then step one is to "Create a empire with every civ and get the milestones." Which of course requires first leveling those civs.

Am I missing something?

8. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Well,

You don't have to reach lvl 40 to get milestones
    You have milestones at lvl 5,10,20
    Talatat Construction being excellent to level up faster

Later,

you'll select Taxes and Prosperity to boost economy and lvl up even faster :)

9. Donar

Donar Berserker

I would recommend "Riding Crop" over "Prosperity" for the Egypt lvl 40 milestone (for faster elephants etc). 25 starting res seems like a drop on a hot stone imo.
    I personally choosen "Skirmishing" over "Taxes" as persian (movement speed for ranged), you may want to use bowman later and the gold trickle is probably not noticeable if you have 50 or more caravans.

The worst idea is to think about using milestones only for leveling up and change them later, it costs 1000 EP for each civ to change.

10. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

At the beginning,

I made the mistake to select Riding Crop ;)
    After months, I switch to Prosperity for 1K EP :(

11. Donar

Donar Berserker

Ok it depends on the playstyle aswell. A friend choosen almost completely different milestones and advisors, even other gear. I think everyone has to figure out whats best fitting!

Edit:
    I added your mention in the guide with a quote from Slyrevick.

#10 Donar, Mar 14, 2022 at 9:09 AM
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    Slyrevick likes this.
  12. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

I personally like the gold trickle and is one of the persian milestones I use the most with other civs if im not playing range.
    I like having it in low age/res games as it is almost like starting with a 6th villager.
    Even when the markets get going, having it to round up your gold to make a purchase without having to wait for the next caravans to come back or put villagers on mining is a nice qol thing.

Donar likes this.
  13. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

Donar and purpleganja like this.
  14. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Its very good on minigames that are good for leveling civs like quests with Vemundr.
    Getting early upgrades with him is very good!

Donar and Slyrevick like this.
  15. Milohehe

Milohehe Villager

Thank you for the help (ryan1998)

Donar likes this.
  16. big mcs

big mcs Villager

Great guide, been using it and has really helped focus on levelling up efficiently.

Donar likes this.
  17. Hechtfisch181

Hechtfisch181 Villager

Thanks for your great guide.
    Helped me well.

ps.: Danke für die Übersetzung für die Deutsche Bevölkerung :)

Donar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice