Bahram's Lottery draw-system change plz

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ByFstugan, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Just remember that data is from 7 months ago. Assuming there has been the continued trend in coin leaving the economy (and we can assume so, given the payout is trending downward still, and the market for just about every item crashed months ago), 26th-1000th in terms of coin holdings will collectively be poorer. Which I think is the idea, that everyone that doesn't basically hoard wealth even post lottery win ends up a little less wealthy, and coin in circulation decreases dramatically, squashing prices. Top10-25 players for coin prior were basically in an unspoken coin highscore competition among one another (as is the nature of wealthy lists), and could and still can all afford to kit their civs out from 0 to 1000 a couple times over, so it's irrelevant as to how much they actually have. Especially when 50th or so to 500th or so are generally the "economic activity" players. As they're still trying to build new wealth (while top 10-25 tend to back off in terms of activity), or buying up the last couple of pieces of high end, high price gear to finish off a new set to do so.

I do agree, in part. My concern is that slotkit won 3 out of 4 rewards across 2 weeks. If/when casual players see this sort of luck happen for a player that was wealthier than them to begin with, they're not really encouraged to play the lotto. Heck, I wasn't when I read about this. I don't want it to end up a feature that gets used only by the legendary questers and whichever PvPers are more active than I am in a given season. Rather than new restrictions limiting how much the rich players can spend on the lotto or how often, I'd rather see either or both of always separate coin and item winners, and/or no wins of the same reward in back-to-back weeks (with players still being able to buy tickets in a post-win week, but only being elligible to win the other reward and get their tokens).

Is there a newer spreadsheet on the coin holdings of the playerbase Andy?

ByFstugan likes this.
  2. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Thx for input, and indeed I agree with you since that's the reason I made this post. I wanna remind of the first two suggestions I made to "fix" this, so it AT LEAST limits this chance/risk to being 2/4 and keeping each player to win something each week. But also ADD a suggestion due to insights/suggestions from frogs.poison and others made here.

So - My first two sollution/suggestions to above problem:
    1) Make it not possible to win BOTH prices SAME week.
    2) Make it not possible to win SAME price two weeks in a ROW.

AND - NEW suggestions due to making the silly amount of coins switch hand faster:
    3) Remove the max 1500 tokens per week and change it to 10'000 instead.
    4) Add a max 1500 limit to the tickets instead.

This will both make really rich player spend their wealth really fast on the awesome gear that Bahram has, and this will hurt noone if they get this faster since it's for PVE only.
    Also this makes it less easy to increase your chances to win to much above all others. Simply put the limitations should been the opposite way.

AND - another suggestion to add to balance the gear:
    5) Also boost the bow and make it have 3 bonuses, and make the 3rd also benefit TC so give it a "Train/Research-bonus".
    6) Also give the "Branded Arm Guard" gauntlets a 3rd positive bonus, not sure what, maybe a small crit bonus since the damage bonus isn't that much higher than the boots.

As it is now it's highly unlikelly that bow ever will be picked by most player, maybe ever - myself prefere even the 1.9% training/research bonus over the almost 10% cost.
    I also know that most people almost exclusivelly go for the boots, and most will likelly get some light armors later on, but the Arm Brand just isn't close to as intresting as the boots, which is same kind of item.

apolippo and Ardeshir like this.
  3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I just want to thank the devs for implementing one of the suggestions here.

People aren't able to win the same reward 2 weeks in a row from the lotto, as per last maintenance.

Interested to see what you guys still think, but I'm impressed that the team has been willing to compromise on this and implement part of the suggested changes already, and they may be right in refusing to implement them all at once, in case this is all that is really needed.

purpleganja likes this.
  4. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Thx for the heads up, I didn't notice. I hope it is mentioned on the interface when buying tickets, that they are voided for that week.

It's also not very clear from the changelog if it includes different prizes in the same week and different prize the next week. Do you have more info to say it's "not the same reward"?

Ardeshir likes this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Spoke to Martinmine, can confirm that you can't win a reward you've won the prior week. Meaning players can still win a reward then the other across consecutive weeks, or both rewards in a week after nothing the prior week, but players can no longer win either reward more than once across a fortnight.

We've already seen a case of a player winning 3 from 4 in a fortnight (what inspired the thread), and 4 from 4 was also possible, but now no longer in either case.

Seems like a good middle ground for an attractive coin dump for wealthy players, and an opportunity for a handful of lucky players other than them as well.

#25 Ardeshir, Feb 23, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    purpleganja likes this.
  6. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

This seems like a fair change, I like it.
    More so than preventing a double win. It remains a choice if someone want to buy tickets with a reduced max potential.

Ardeshir likes this.
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Yeah exactly, imo it's the perfect compromise.

8. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Nice to hear that one of my suggestions fell through, that one can not win SAME price two weeks in a row. I think the suggestion about not being able to win BOTH prices same week are in same logic and should be implemented as well besides this one. Perhaps for a later change, but I don't understand really how one of the two suggestions was picked instead of both (or none).

Anyway - one step closer to a better system, that is nice. The Celeste team is great <3

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice