Tips needed for Legendary Sais (solo, egypt)

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Daeveren, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

As the title says, I'm looking for any tips for soloing leg Sais egypt only. I've seen all the youtube vids and the tutorial too, but for some reason I just can't seem to do it on egypt. I've tried several ways, different advisors, elephants only, elephants + siege, spears + axeman, still unable to do it. I'm using multiple markets.

Doing the "attack before 11:30 mark" when the AI builds the temple to advance to age3, plus attacking with palintonon from the south, but for some reason my elephants seem to melt in enemy's base.

Does anyone have a video recording of them soloing this quest on egypt?

For advisors, this seemed to be the best combo of those that I've tried (couldn't decide which was best for age 1)
    [​IMG]

On egypt I'm at 891 gear score and my war elephants are geared like this
    [​IMG]

I'm all up for advisor suggestions from those who are soloing this on egypt regularly, or any tips/advice on potential item upgrades for war elephants or really any other tips.

#1 Daeveren, Jan 3, 2022 at 1:14 AM
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. Loading...

3. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

Pick me units I will stream it

4. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

I'd prefer elephants.

5. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

I tried a run. You definitely can't do Sais with elephants only anymore. You spend too much time to kill those Elite Elephants. I would suggest you to add some range unit behind to have a decent DPS

PS : Click on the "TWITCH" Logo to see the video

6. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

Oh right, so that's what was happening, war elephants are no longer S tier anymore on their own. Thanks for the video, I'll watch it later tonight when I have some time. Today I've done the champion mode Sais, using the same tactic I've tried on the legendary one and was just 3 seconds late to complete all the objectives in time. Completed the legendary version today (just not in time, it took me like 50 mins), I'm gonna try again tomorrow with some ranged units too.

7. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Do you have EPIC Runic Heavy on palintonone for a strategic choice ? (instead of LEGENDARY version)

8. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

Yes Full range on palintone to access all fortress and forum from the positions I set

9. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I dare to differ, and it s possible to do it with just elephants but I think it might not be the best way to do so.

10. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

I've tried it today with this tactic and I've managed to do it on the first attempt with 4 sec left lol. Pretty intense at the end.
    Thanks a lot for putting the time and effort to show up everything, from gear to advisors and so on!

[​IMG]

#9 Daeveren, Jan 5, 2022 at 12:36 AM
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  11. hollowiagg

hollowiagg Spearman

I did it with war elephants and a palintonon.

I like to use Zephyros most of the time. I would like to add Lohrasb (Age 3) to make them even tankier. I use the Light Spear of the Undying, Armor of Sargon, Ares War Shield, and Ramses Gauntlets. The equipment definitely helps, but it can be done with lesser items in slot.

General Build:
    Make a TC and 5 Markets right off the bat. Put 5-10 on huntables, then spawn all villagers to wood by second TC. Spawn 6 additional Priestesses of Ra and empower markets and TCs. Churn out caravans until about 150 pop worth of workers. Then send the two villagers who built the Markets south to build a Siege Workshop to spawn a Palintonon to take out the southern TC. Pull about 20 villagers to build 3 Blacksmiths and 7 Fortresses. Move the Priestesses of Ra to empower the Fortresses and start boomin. Put 30 villagers on farms. I delete workers as I'm maxxing/upgrading down to 40-50. You should be maxed and attacking with around 11 minutes or so. When attacking, target production building first to stop units from spawning, then plant your elephants around the first TC to take out units and kill any villagers. Destroy surrounding Fortresses then move north. Take out ships as you continue north and veer right to next Fortress. After destroying it, takeout Catapults and move on to last two TCs. Save Nebkanra for last. You may want to spawn Elephant Archers to help with this and you will need at least a minute to bring him down. Do not spend any time on bonus treasures until quest is complete.

#10 hollowiagg, Jan 5, 2022 at 12:42 AM
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  12. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'll make sure to put the priests on the fortresses and markets, forgot to do that.
    I've done it with only elephants until the end side, after the boats. Biggest help was having 3x palintonons which literally deleted the entire south half of the base, with all the TCs, Fortresses and production buildings in there.

13. hollowiagg

hollowiagg Spearman

I made this mistake, but might want to make sure you have select all cavalry or select all land military bound to something instead of select all army if you want to keep Priestesses on the Fortresses.

I only spawn the one Palintonon to take out the TC, anything else it destroys is a bonus but it saves me a couple minutes with any civilization I use.

14. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

I'm using the "select all units like the one I have selected" hotkey, so I'll get all the elephants on the map selected.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice