By PF2K on Dec 4, 2021 at 8:43 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Hello there Celeste players! We are back with another Dev Blog.

This time, we will be having a look at some of the new additions to the game with tomorrow's patch!

New Legendary Global Quest: Ashoka's Edicts
    =========================================
    [​IMG]
    As one of the most sought-after Light Armors of all time, Athena's Golden Gorget has historically been a fan favorite and one of the most requested items for a Legendary-version upgrade. Initially, we put this item in Bahram's Lottery, however based on players' feedback, we decided to make it more accessible to all players. To this end, we slightly adjusted the stats on Bahram's Beloved Battle Armor (see below for more details) and instead added a new item as the direct Legendary upgrade; Ashoka's Golden Gorget!

This item is available to all level 40 players, and can be accessed by talking to Marcus Pollux in your Capital City once you reach level 40.
    [​IMG]
    Additionally, you can find more information on this quest by going to the "New Legendary Reward!" section of the main menu.

This is our first attempt at creating limited-edition gear outside of events, running under the theme of Ashoka's Edicts. In order to earn these gifts from the beloved emperor Ashoka, you must overcome his challenges. Based on players' reception and feedback over this, we will be adding more items over time.

[​IMG]

Moe's Mystorium Adjustments
    ============================
    [​IMG]
    Moe's Mystorium is one of the oldest stores in the game. It serves as the main hub for purchasing random chests, particularly for levels below 40, where it has a chance of dropping elusive and highly demanded pieces of gear. We have made adjustments to Moe's Mystorium in a previous developer update not too long ago, but it has been some time since we've did that and now we're making further adjustments based on our observations and player feedback, as well as getting direct feedback from some of the more prominent members of the PvE community.

One of the biggest complaints about Moe's was the sheer number of clicks required to get one of the exclusive items. Another popular point of feedback was that the average amount of Coin required to find one of those exclusive items.

To address both of these issues at the same time, we are increasing the drop rates for all of the exclusive items in all level 10-35 chests. Additionally, we are increasing the overall quality of loot that drops in these chests, to drop far more epic and rare items and significantly fewer uncommon items.

All in all, Moe's Chests will cost about twice as much as they used to, but will drop Legendary (and Moe's-exclusive) items about three times as much, and the number of clicks required to open a Moe's-exclusive item is now about 34% of what it used to be before.

The price increase is also partially compensated by the increased drop rate of rare and epic items, which can be sold to vendors for higher prices, effectively reducing the amount of coin players actually end up spending.

Last but not least, in order to keep the price increase pattern consistent between all chests, we are also increasing the price (and quality of droprate) of level 40 chests.

We are hoping to see players try their luck at Moe's Mystorium a lot more than before with all of these changes!

Sacks of Coin and Moe's Lucky Chests
    ==================================
    [​IMG]
    Random Chests aren't the only thing you can buy at Moe's Mystorium. One other chest that is also available in Moe's are Lucky Chests. These chests allow you to try your luck at getting one Sack of Coin (or just a Coin if luck isn't on your side) ranging anywhere from 1c to 25000c.

Seeing that the original drop rates for these sacks of coin was very low and didn't make for a very fun experience, we have increased the price of the Lucky Chest, but also significantly improved the quality of the sacks of coin found inside it. This is similar to the approach we've taken to the other chests, where people have to click far less often and get better quality loot at the same time.

Furthermore, we have added unique icons for every single Sack of Coin (and the one single Coin) so that it's easier to tell them apart.

Last, but certainly not least, we've added Legendary Sacks of Coin, available in 3 different versions, 50,000c, 75,000c and 100,000c versions. These sacks are currently only available in Moe's Lucky Chests and cannot be found anywhere else. Good luck collecting them all!

(PF2K's Personal Note: The first person who collects every single type of Sack of Coin (and the Coin, don't forget the Coin) and sends me a screenshot of it over Discord will be eligible for a fully maxed Master Assassin's Gauntlet. Literally, the perfect MAG. - No Photoshopping, though! Don't even try. | UPDATE: Flutters wins the challenge! Congratulations.)

Small Adjustments to Some Lottery Gear Pieces
    ===========================================
    [​IMG]
    To close this blog out, we would like to share with you the new stats for these two Lottery items. The change to the Battle Armor was done in order to remove it from the position of the direct Legendary upgrade to Athena's Golden Gorget, and the change to the Arm Guard was done based on players' feedback, who were mentioning that this item was almost never chosen over Bahram's Brisk Boots.

These changes will also affect every existing instance of these items, so enjoy your buffs!

We also plan to post the next Indian Developer Blog next week (or the one after) so stay tuned for more Indian news soon.
    ========

Thanks for reading, and we look forward to reading know your thoughts and questions below!

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!

Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.
    Read every Indians related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Dec 4, 2021 at 8:43 PM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Dec 4, 2021.

1. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

By Limited-Edition gear, does that mean there is a time limit on completely the global, and after a certain date it will no longer be available?

2. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

To be completely frank, I'm not entirely sure on that either. For the time being, this Horse Armor will be available for everyone as a one-time quest. We will see players' feedback and make further decisions based on that.

Andy P XIII likes this.
    3. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

This sounds all as GREAT changes. You guys rock! Ty for all your amazing work \o/

4. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

To have it as a one time deal sounds wise - was thinkin about what it would mean when we could get alot of them. Perhaps some kinds of items could be more, but some should probably be limited to one.

Slyrevick and PF2K like this.
    5. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Oh, looks like Moes is trying very hard to be as generous as Bahram!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    6. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Thanks to improve the durability of our mices :D

ByFstugan and Andy P XIII like this.
    7. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

BTW - felt a bit weird that you didn't make "play 5-10 games of PVP in Sparta" also to the Golden Gorget quest. Perhaps that would kick-start the PVP community to a new era?

8. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Issue is that if it's just "play X number of PvP games", you'll have players who quit as soon as they can just to get it out of the way, so a bunch of matches that's over right at the 5 minute mark instead of an actual influx of PvP players.

apolippo likes this.
    9. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Okay, so now Elite Meet in Crete is impossible... any plans to reduce the difficulty?

10. bluesome

bluesome Champion

The new quest will be very hard? Like a 3 stars one or more?

11. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

emic didn't get changed iirc
      Edit : difficulty wise it's the same amount of units, same unit stats etc... it's just the time between waves, if you have troubles maybe use more static defense or tanky units mixed in to ensure a target for the ai

#12 RekiemOne, Dec 5, 2021 at 11:43 PM
      Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    12. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

Amazing addition, looking for that gorget so bad! time to spam!!!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    13. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

The Elite Meet in Crete: The interval between each spawn wave has been slightly reduced so that the quest takes around 15 minutes less than before to complete.

Patch notes. Basically waves come out 20% faster then before. Both kog and psychosaurus seemed to have difficulties with EMIC, and if two of the top players in the game have difficulty with it, well it's likely downright impossible for almost all of the playerbase.

It's definetly no longer "The Elite AFK in Crete"

apolippo and ByFstugan like this.
    14. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

First off - ofc it's not very hard for KOG and other with alot of routine and amazing gear when you get the hang of this map, even if first tries goes south. But I think as frogs says that it might be close to impossible some, and I think that is for a large portion of the playerbase, and that can not been the intention. So I suggest as sollution a tweak like following...

I think the intervall between spawns should change so the longer into the map you get, the closer they come - instead of a similar change from the first spawns.

The struggle is to make this map "going", like get your economy up and military out - and it takes a while for all, especially less skilled ones. So the map shouldn't be equally much harder in the beginning as in the end - but instead be harder and harder closer to the end. So the spawns should come about same rate in first waves but get shorter and shorter intervall closer to end. That should be the sollution to this. And also with a twist as follows...

One could also add more elite units closer to the end - perhaps the last one should be only that? To keep you on the toes for that one :)

This suggestions would make EMIC less "impossible" early, but even a bit more challenge in the final moments of it. But all of us who played this 1000 times know that there is no challenge in the end if you play it right - hence it's been called "AFK-EMIC" by many.

#15 ByFstugan, Dec 6, 2021 at 1:00 PM
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    15. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Good point. But easy solve. Then "Play X minutes of PVP" should be the factor instead. I don't think "win a match" should be there" (since some will have extreme problem doing it), but there could also be a play X games factor, though it's not needed.

Ofc you can to some degree cheat with any thing when it comes to PVP (like in last suggestion, start a game with a friend and just wait out time), but if many are doing it then it will be harder to match up with a choosen opponent.

But even if some do - at least most will at least test PVP, and for sure some should like it since in general PVP is more fun in RTS (as long as you meet opponents on similar level).

16. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

Other than the time i meant, units are the same in numbers ane stats. And i agree it's not elite sleep in crete anymore.
      I got some comment on it, i did it with egyptians yesterday solo it was as easy as before. I need to try other civs. But for me it was already hard on greek and persians solo.
      I did around 350 emics total so i guess i am used to it tho

#17 RekiemOne, Dec 7, 2021 at 6:49 AM
      Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    17. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

I have not tried it solo yet, but in coop I noticed we had the first catapult wave come out right before we had placed our units on the spawns. I can imagine that being a make or break situation for many players. Getting there just a little slower can change everything, but after making it to the spawn points there's not much difference from before.

Edit: Same thing solo, the first catapults wave was the part that needed the most attention.

#18 purpleganja, Dec 7, 2021 at 4:38 PM
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    18. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Not sure where else to make suggestions, so I figured I'd try here. I appreciated the survey as an opportunity to give feedback. Glad y'all as developers are open to it.

I did forget to mention a few things in the survey, but inventory management is top priority for me. More space (e.g. in warehouses, vault, GM slots) would be especially lovely!

It would also be wonderful to have an option to automatically sort gear in the vault (e.g. alphabetically, by type, by stats, by date item added). Individualized sub-categorical tabs for gear (e.g. by gear type) would be awesome, especially. The built-in search feature is nice, but it is limited. Also, it is goofy that items recently added do not stay on the last page of the vault after adding them and then logging out. A complete overhaul of the vault, honestly.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to sort advisors by type in addition to Age (e.g. economic advisors, ranged advisors, cavalry advisors, siege advisors).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice