Invasion of Rome

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by AttackSheep, Oct 9, 2021.

1. AttackSheep

AttackSheep Spearman

What are you all doing that has given you success?

My buddy and I are Greek (GS 919) and Romans (GS929) and we can't stop the stupidly hyper tuned crap that keeps being shoveled at us. We've beat every other Roman mission, we've done practically all of the other content, but we don't stand a chance at this one quest. As the Greeks, my buddy excels at the early game and he doesn't stand a chance. With how broken legionaries are, I figured I could hold but 1 centurion takes 5+ legionaries to handle.

The two of us, for the first time, actually gave up on this quest. Roman legendaries are hard because of how broken Rome's units are. But we can handle hard missions. But this mission isn't hard, it's asinine. After 10+ attempts, defensive and offensive strategies failed so miserably we don't know what else to do. Youtube is kinda useless as they're either from a time when they scaled the difficulty down or the player is using insanely obvious hacks.

The wall funnel strategy, which got us the furthest ultimately fails as one centurion 3 shots our walls. This quest needs a leader board setup for it. If any of you have managed to survive the early, and maybe even beat the mission, how did you do it?

apolippo likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

I think you have the wrong mindset to be playing these quests.
    "hyper overtuned crap", "... with how broken Rome's units are".

Change your mindset or take a break and come back later.

NoteHermelin786 and RekiemOne like this.
  4. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

The quest hasnt been changed so yt videos are accurate
    I reckon this quest is hard but mainly solo
    You must have missed something because you don't talk about bait with units and towers dps (which is the most used strategy, the one most of us used).
    And no i don't use hacks ;)

5. AttackSheep

AttackSheep Spearman

Going to gloss over me saying we've done nearly every legendary quest, including the Roman line, and just answer with "chill bro?" Alright.

Lwt and apolippo like this.
  6. AttackSheep

AttackSheep Spearman

That strategy is what we had the most success with. But that success didn't even get us through the gates. We were only barely able to hold on while starving for resources to age up and actually make an offensive. Did you wall off to a choke point?

7. FARMER

FARMER Villager

Use transport ships, one player defend other send troops on right corner base by the river and dont attack gate, because that triggers spam units...

RekiemOne likes this.
  8. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

check this :
    for P1 :

and this for P2:

You can make it with the right comp and timing, it's the most important part of the quest, timing. there are multiple entrances and ways to attack to avoid the choke in the bottom

9. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

what farmer said works well too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice