By PF2K on Sep 19, 2021 at 9:48 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_RIZ.png
    Hello there Celeste players! We are happy to announce that the Rostam in Zabol content pack is finally here! Without any further ado, let's get into the details:

How to Access the Content Pack
    =============================
    Access_Content.png
    While this content pack has quests for players of all skill levels, not just Legendary Quests, you still need to be level 40 to access it. It is available for all civilizations that are level 40.

Content Pack Spotlights
    ======================
    Zabol_Teaser_1.png
    AI_Teaser.png
    Leg1.png
    Leg6.png
    Leg7.png

Different_Skill_Levels.png
    Generals.png

New Gear!
    ============
    New_Gear.png

Credits
    ========
    Credits.png
    Here are the credits for the Team: https://www.projectceleste.com/team/

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are coming on March 15th, 2021! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

BOSAIF, Robcore, bbgambini and 16 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Sep 19, 2021.

1. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

Huge pack! Well done!!!!!

PF2K and Kire like this.
    2. Maavax

Maavax Long Swordsman

Yeah! Great!
      Thanks for the huge amount of work guys!

PF2K and Kire like this.
    3. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

Awesomeness extreme !!!! So many different quests of all styles and difficulty. Really impressive !!! Thanks a lot !!

PF2K and Kire like this.
    4. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Awesome!
      I need one of those trading manual on each of my markets!

Andy P XIII, Kire and PF2K like this.
    5. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

The pack is cool. But I don‘t need that manual anymore on my Babs. Would be cool, to choose the legendary item.

TzarKosta likes this.
    6. TzarKosta

TzarKosta Long Swordsman

nice pack good work, but no Motivation to play cause I don't need the Training manual, make it tradeable or or replace it with something else that doesn't exist in the game yet.

7. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Do you already have all of your slots filled up with Athenian manuals?

8. TzarKosta

TzarKosta Long Swordsman

yes everywhere in every civ, if you've been playing the game for 3 years, that's no art.

9. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

First off ... GREAT quest pack - wow. Really nice job!

Second ... You put ALOT of very hard work to this quests (like this pack, and all them made for Romans) - but it seems you put little to none imagination to the quest-reward after doing a heavy Legendary quest line. I kinda agree with TzarKosta here, though I need plenty more manuals still, but when you put a new item, with a unique name, and a fancy own icon - how in the world could you do that as a skin on a old item, not even boosted? I really don't get it. A bit anti-climax when all else is such high quality work.
      *For example, the three gauntlets in Roman quest could at least been max boost on one stat each, or else have a 4th unique stat on the 3 regular ones (or completelly unique stats).

Third. Wow. Great pack. Waiting with big anticipation for the Indians now <3

Sleyver likes this.
    10. JoshTheAspi

JoshTheAspi Long Swordsman

It's pretty fun to mess around in Zabol using the scout that spawns. Also I didn't know that Bahram owned smoke bombs.

11. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

I agree with @ByFstugan. The quests are great. I started with the quests and I like them so far. But the rewards don't fit the effort to put in the questline. Also agree with the Roman gauntlets. That was really disappointing that they are all the same.

I have 9 Leg Manuals on my Babs for example and I don't need the 10th one. So the reward of this questline is wasted.

Still: I love your work and I still play all the quests, because it's fun!

ByFstugan likes this.
    12. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

I guess you guys would rather have another variant of Athena's Long Spear?

Because this kinda complaining is how you wind up with another Athena's Long Spear as a questpack reward.

Jeinx likes this.
    13. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

What a BS... The Devs are not stupid and they don't have the main goal, to punish the player to play their new content...

The only thing I want to complain about is the rewards. Everyone can do better with a little imagination. They don't have to be totally new items. But, as it was already written above: Boost one stat, or let the player give a choice for the rewards.

JoshTheAspi likes this.
    14. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

I think that giving one of the big 3 that are needed about 60 times each across the 7 civs is a very good and generous reward.

Towex, Jeinx and Kire like this.
    15. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

The critique is not that it's a bad item - it's that the package is unique in all other ways, so why not make them unique in the stats also in some way - especially the 3 different named/looking gauntlets.

As with many things it doesn't have to be a big difference to make them much more attractive - now their stats is worse than all decently boosted original gauntlets/items. Even if they are better than all nerfed ones, this game has an end-game as all would know where even 0.1 from max isn't even close to as attractive as the real max, hence a base gauntlet is not much more intresting than any other nerfed ones. Same goes for the manual - a very good item, but would be much more intresting with a unique set of stats (like a small HP-bonus or build-speed or anything fitting in that slot beside the original one, nerfed, boosted or base).

So my suggestion with the gauntlets in this case was to give them one max boosted stat of one type each, as one of several suggestions to how to solve that one (was no complaining about it being a bad item, it is one of the best). But that at least would make the choice mean something in function besides just another color/name on a base-stat item. How can some of you guys not see that there is at least a small element of anti-climax to this - I don't get it really.

Besides that we have nothing but good to say about all the efforts made to the quests that makes this game so much better each year. So don't try to make it sound as if we're complaining about the item kind, or that we request a bad one which was a really silly interpretation of what was said. It's just a bit of anti-climax to something that is so incredible well done otherwise.

Thank you again Team Celeste for your great work <3

rtsgamer and Sleyver like this.
    16. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

zaboll.JPG
      ...here in these three quests the decos are missing as rewards. :eek: preferably decos for the water. :cool:

Otherwise I agree with the opinions above regarding the manual. I personally had "the problem" with the rome mags. Now again x7 manuals that will simply be lying around. :mad: <All long-established residents probably share the same fate here> At least if it were one with a 10.6 stat... :(

Otherwise the choice of item is very good. ;)
      There for years and not a single 13.1 dropped and also a single 10.6 manual. o_O

Actually, such rewards are a very good way to show the player; people here that (maxed stats) is possible here. :)

A maxed item, be it mag or manual, for one civ at a time, that can't even come close to being called a powercreep, can it? :confused:

As for the zabolline, to play very smoothly, maybe too smooth for some quests. Only with 5star (turanian trouble) one is bothered by the AI but everything within the framework is fine. :D

Champion mode: have already played all of them, I like them too, so double praise here and if the few bugs are fixed, I would say it was worth it.

Finally, as always, a big thank you to everyone who takes part in promoting/improving the game.
      What would we be without you guys... if we could agree on the stats as well^^:oops:
      greetz. :cool:

I don't know why something is still displayed here, couldn't remove it xD (attached files)

Attached Files:

ByFstugan likes this.
    17. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

The issues with rewarding items for completing quest pack is, there's always going to be a negative. Either you have an item like Athenas spear that no one wants or cares about, you have an item that is so good that people want more than 1 per civ, but I felt that an item that is needed in vast quantities such as soldier gear, ect is a good middle ground, as it is useful, not a big deal that it's limited to only being obtained once because of its nature. I keep losing sight that we have made everything so easily obtainable that everyone already has everything.
      This game now has a legendary version of every piece of the games best gear, we have touched on most alt gear with event items. And it's not getting any easier to make new gear that does not step on toes of current best items and power creep, but still is not good enough for people not to complain about. If anyone has any better solutions for specific items that do not make the ones we already have irrelevant, and is balanced with the advisors, and is not going to lead to constantly replacing old gear, like WOW, please feel free to drop the ideas, because the no solutions complaining is just wearing me out, and is completely demotivating.

levick, purpleganja and Kire like this.
    18. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Reforge any gear could help. I would gladly put my athena spear, my zabolian or gauntlet of caesar under the smith's hammer and see what happens ;)

I use athena spear on my podromos for years btw, so you got at least one user!

ByFstugan likes this.
    19. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Ganja, I didn't have a direct hand in making the Athena spear, but have tried to make sure Athena Spear is the only one of its kind.

purpleganja likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice