All-In-One Installation for Offline

Discussion in 'Installation' started by alone1i, Aug 5, 2021.

1. alone1i

alone1i Spearman

Greetings Dev Team,

Just wondering is it possible to create an All-In-One installation package for the offline mode. Current installation still requires internet connection and launcher scan files, then download before start for the first time.

Imagine a situation where internet is totally no no.

I believe is the devs can revive this game from ashes then making an All-In-One installation is nothing to them. I am confident.

Thanks.

spookieman likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. CWO

CWO Long Swordsman

You can actually make something like this yourself if you need. You would need to initially install the game and update it online and then zip the files and transfer them to wherever you need. You'd have an offline version that's frozen in time and doesn't have any of the persistence features of the online version but it would still work.

Having offline patches is a huge logistical problem which is why Celeste moved away from them to an online scanner. For one, it would have to be updated every time they issue an update which can be multiple times a day if they're working on something that didn't exactly go right. On top of it, to get the changes, you would have to basically redownload just about the entire game every time one little fix is made.

4. alone1i

alone1i Spearman

@CWO I totally agreed with you and felt that way too. But it could be a new experiment for the Devs when they are bore.

5. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

But...

the game is age of empires ONLINE
    :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice