Bind crit stats

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by t31os, May 30, 2021.

1. t31os

t31os Berserker

This is a reference thread for PF2K about looking into binding the crit hit stats on items that have both a melee and ranged stat using seedoffset.

Here are the DBIDs of the 7 items that have both crit stats.

Shields:
    1867, 985, 983, 2323

Light (Cavalry) Armor:
    2311, 508, 1752

For anyone reading who wants to understand a little more. Currently items that can be equipped to both melee and ranged units, ie. shields and cav armor, actually have two Critical Hit Chance stats on them, one for Melee Atttacks and one for Ranged Attacks, the game only shows you one(the other is hidden) and the stat roll for those stats can actually differ because they're rolled independently.

2. Loading...

3. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

That must explain why there was items with similar stats with very different power level in the spartan reforge.

I saw the change in the patch notes. Do you know what happens with those stats now? Were they rerolled when merged or averaged?

Theres also a crit arrow that can affect the melee attacks of immortals; does it have the same hidden stat?

4. t31os

t31os Berserker

The forge could be rolling data on hidden stats to i guess, no idea if that's the case, but it certainly would explain if you're seeing some variance for what might otherwise be two identical looking items (stat wise).

Unless there's been a change in one of the very latest updates, arrows have only ever provided ranged crit, cav armor and shields are the only items with both a melee and ranged crit (actually just noticed war horns do to whilst writing this post), other item types only have one type of crit across all items for the type, swords/axes only have melee crit, bows/torcs only have ranged crit, etc..

Looking at some of the items again i've just noticed another weird anomaly, where one random throwing arm has melee crit instead of ranged (that's probably an error).

5. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

That's good to know. With some rudimentary testing I can see the different crit type on the immortals attacks.

The Ra's armor of the solstice has only one type of crit. I guess it's melee.

6. t31os

t31os Berserker

Indeed, melee crit.

7. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I would be very surprised if reforge did anything other than exactly what it says.

8. t31os

t31os Berserker

I'd be more surprised if the reforge didn't call the stat rolling function item drops use.

Not that this should be an issue now PF2K has updated the items this would be applicbale for, and it's not like anyone was really complaining (because the game wasn't displaying the two separate crit stats anyway).

9. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

To give a bit of background information: The way reforge works is that each item has a "seed" value that determines the +/-5% effect. It is one 32 bit value. Each part of this number applies this variation on a per gear effect basis. The default configuration would be:
    Effect #1: First 8-bit pack of the seed value
    Effect #2: Second 8-bit pack of the seed value
    Effect #3: Third 8-bit pack of the seed value
    Effect #4: Forth 8-bit pack of the seed value

Now if there would be a fifth gear effect, then no effect variation is applied. We have a xml tag called "seedoffset" that we can use if effects shall use specifically a 8-bit pack and multiple gear effect should use the same 8-bit pack value.

So in other words: Reforge will regenerate the whole seed value, it is up to the gear configuration to read it out properly.

#8 Kevsoft, Jun 9, 2021 at 8:35 AM
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice