Dad is playing, pause keep alive?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Duling, May 16, 2021.

1. Duling

Duling Spearman

Timeout kicking on PvE are too harsh!

I have a 5y/o daughter. Most of the times I can coordinate that well with my game time, but sometimes it's an impossible quest. I play with people I know and it's absolutely no hassle to request them 20 to 30 minutes pause to handle an unforeseen situation. The problem is the server that times-out my connection and I'm kicked off the game.

On a normal/elite quest that's fine. Some legendary are fine too. It's those heavy weight legendaries with time constraints and lots of optionals that make me mad. And why do I have the feeling that it's when I'm having the best performance on those quests that most of the irl situations happen? Argghhh!

Long story short: it would really be a life saver (at least for me) if we could have a reasonably larger keep alive on PvE quests. Or at least a pop-up asking the partner if he/she wants to boot me

2. Loading...

3. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

We can consider this. We will need to keep the timeout though. Would be an extension to one hour be sufficient?

Romaniac01 and bbgambini like this.
  4. therazza111

therazza111 Villager

I concur, this is my biggest issue with the game. So much so went from long term lurker to making an account!
    Also my biggest bug bear when it was launched originally.

Life occurs making dinner, school pickups, kids waking up at night, having spouse time etc...
    "why can't you just save"

1 hour would be amazing

bbgambini likes this.
  5. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

ommmmmg

I'm glad someone else feels like this and actually posted about it. I too find myself having to pause often on solo quests due to my 1 year old daughter. If the server/game is capable of making the timeout timer being maxed at 1 hour, that would be awesome and would allow me to actually log in more often than I currently do.

As far as the pause timer for coop, I'm not sure how long a "fair" pause is (15, 20 or 30+ minutes), but maybe add a countdown timer on screen to either have the game un-pause or kick that player.

:cool::)

6. Bon900

Bon900 Spearman

I can't express how much I identify with you! When I read your post I felt like I was writing it myself!

I truly believe that extending the knockout time to one hour will be fairly suffcient.

7. gamevideo113

gamevideo113 Champion

Perhaps there is a way to make a distinction between players in a quest and players visiting a region? So that in the first case players wouldn't be timed out if they are afk. Usually this isn't an issue for me but i've been timed out in the past during a quest

8. tjpetersen

tjpetersen Spearman

I would also love to see an hour max on a quest. Between Age of Empires and building my real-life empire things come up. :)

9. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

Differentiating between different states would make things unnecessary complicated. I will look into extending the timeout to 1hr.

10. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

ITT: awesome parents.

11. Rodick

Rodick Villager

This is awesome suggestion. I can say that I my self get in same situatuon, often.

12. therazza111

therazza111 Villager

The 1 hour timeout should be live as per the latest release notes.
    Thank you again to the people who dedicate their time keeping this game alive and kicking!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice