Etruscans as an independent culture

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Erasmus, May 6, 2021.

1. Erasmus

Erasmus Spearman

I have noticed, that the Etruscans are often opponents of the Romans. This is obvious, because they were historically intertwined with them, but why not represent them as a complete own culture?

#1 Erasmus, May 6, 2021 at 9:11 PM
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  2. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

While the Estrucians do have a decent amount of unique architecture, as well as a somewhat unique Hoplite unit, pretty much all their other units are clones of the Romans.

This leaves the Estrucians solidly at the same lvl of the Sea People/Bandits/Nubians minor factions from other parts of the game.

Erasmus likes this.
  3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

For a constellation of reasons, we will not be making the Etruscans. But we will be making the Indians.

4. Erasmus

Erasmus Spearman

Okay thank you for this good answers.

If I think about it, I can understand, why the Etruscans do not fit as a fully civ to the game. They were not a high culture like other civs and they are probably geographically to close at the Romans in terms to include them in the game process, which is why they have to eke out their existence as a sideline civ. A further reason will be, because there is to much unknown, historical material about the Etruscans, to insert them.

But at least, is it beautiful, that you make the Indians as a new culture. I am looking forward to seeing the saltwater crocodiles swimming in the water and watching the Indian tigers on the monsoon forest.

#4 Erasmus, May 7, 2021 at 2:09 PM
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
  5. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice