By PF2K on May 2, 2021 at 6:38 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_DevUpdate_2021-05-02.png
    Hello there Celeste players! We are back with another Developer Blog. This time, we will be showing you some of the things that we have added to the game in our most recent patches, alongside our future plans including a teaser for the Indian Civilization!

So without any further ado, let's get started, shall we?

Indian Civilization!
    ==================
    Indians.png
    Many of you have seen the April's Fool's Joke about the three new Indian, Hun and Phoenician civilizations, but this time, we are being serious!

The Indians are the 8th civilization to be added to Age of Empires Online.

We hope to be able to share more details with you soon, but for now, we can say:
    • The Indians will be a Pro civilization, starting at level 20 (like the Persians, Babylonians and Norse)
    • They will be a mid-game focused civilization, with heavy emphasis on technologies and upgrades that carry them in the lategame.
    • The Indians bring a new style of upgrades to the game called "Choose-One Techs". These techs give you a choice between multiple upgrades that allow you to adapt based on your playstyle, and the map/matchup. You can only choose one upgrade from each set every game, so choose wisely!
    • Alongside the Indians, there will be new Gaia animals added to the game, including Asian Wild Elephants, Tigers and Saltwater Crocodiles.
    • The Indians will have their own Terrain Sets, Trees and more.
    • The Indians will add a new Shared Region to the game, Pataliputra. (Similar to Tarsos, Northern Hold and Babylon)
    • They will have multiple Elephant units. More details to follow later!

Party 2v2
    ==========
    Party_2v2.png
    We are incredibly excited to tell you that you are finally able to play 2v2 Ranked Mode with a friend!

Invite your friend to your party, queue up on the ladder and have fun! Remember that we recently increased the Sparta Rewards by a lot, so don't miss out on those sweet new rewards. Find more details about the increased Sparta Rewards here.

Priest Conversion RNG reduction
    ============================
    Until today, the way Priests Convert Rate worked was that you would be able to convert your target (assuming there are no other factors such as convert resist gear are in play) at 0.5 to 1.0 of the displayed convert rate. So for example, a Priest with a convert rate of 10 would have a chance of converting its target anywhere between 5 to 10 seconds.

We have reduced the range of this RNG-based conversion time to 0.75 to 1.0 of the displayed convert rate. This will allow us to balance priests a bit more reliably.

New Decoration!
    ================
    NewDecoration.png
    Added to the Editor and Vanity Island are these new assets. You can buy the Persian Flagpoles and Balusters in Vanity Island.

New Recon Man Consumables
    ============================
    ReconMan.png
    A highly requested addition, the Recon Man consumable is now available for all civilizations. You can find them in your Capital City's General Stores (and similar General Stores).

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!

Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

BOSAIF, Drag0nstarz, Raider and 21 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, May 2, 2021.

1. indianempire

indianempire Woad Raider

thanks for the update. excited for more.

Andy P XIII likes this.
    2. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

I did not know that about priests and converting, it does clear up quite a bit.

I'll have to go buy myself some wells now for my cities.

Looking forward to the Indians ^.^ I remember in the Roman blog that each civ has a unified wood type throughout their buildings and boats - Will the Indian's buildings and boats be based on bamboo?

Also, aren't priests technically nerfed with this change until further balance changes come out?

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

The wells are only available in the Editor currently.

The Indians will have a consistent set of woodwork like the Romans, yes. We will be revealing more details in a later blog. Not everything is made of Bamboo, though!

Priests are not nerfed, no. They are just less high-roll-y and less RNG based and more reliable.

proxmil likes this.
    4. proxmil

proxmil Villager

Who helps me please I can not play it comes out that the server is in maintenance when I have to wait...

HELP=???=)()

5. Zeeki

Zeeki Spearman

6. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Hrmm, So let me see.

Previously, Priests with a conversion rate of 10 would take 5-10 seconds, as stated. Some units would convert at 5 seconds, some would convert at 10 seconds, some would convert between those times.

Now it's 7.5-10 seconds to convert a unit.

Are there certain "breakpoints" for conversion? I.E. Are units only converted every .5 seconds - Units can be converted at 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, and 10 seconds, or is it at any time - 7.6, 9.9, 9.95 seconds?

I assume that Conversion Resistance just increases that amount of time required to convert - If you have 100% conversion resistance, does it take 15-20 seconds for a 10 conversion rate priest to convert a unit?

But still, unless conversion was somehow weighted towards taking longer, the previous "Best results" of the .5-.74 range are all gone, but the "Worst" results for longer conversion still remain. I feel it can only be considered a nerf, though it's one that affects both players and more predominately AI.

While I have very little knowledge on balancing, may I suggest removing the RNG portion of conversion entirely, but increasing the power of conversion-related gear, advisors, and upgrades?

Aaron likes this.
    7. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

Correct.
      Perhaps, we'll see.

8. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

great upgrades and news in sight, but as for the consumable for the scouts I would be more propitious in the possibility of training the scouts from the observer posts

9. Chris23g

Chris23g Woad Raider

10. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Very much agree with this. It's actually a pretty massive nerf, which is presumably why the champion priests have corresponding buffs to balance it out. For one, if you are massing priests, then almost certainly you will have something converted in 5 seconds in the old scheme, but now you will have to wait for 7.5 seconds. For another, the average conversion time has gone up by 1.25 seconds from 7.5 to 8.75, which is 16.67% slower. Since I normally don't use priests, it isn't too bad. Still, it will make certain mini-games more of a pain to do.

11. witekgreg

witekgreg Villager

12. arkaram

arkaram Long Swordsman

Great Job Guys!

PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    13. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

Party 2v2 hype! Indians hype ! Celeste hype!

PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    14. BlouBlou

BlouBlou Spearman

The new decorations are AWESOME, those balusters have a very low "collision size" and are so great for building outlines, road etc..

Untitled.jpg

Thanks
      a lot, keep them coming! :D

15. Erasmus

Erasmus Spearman

That are very good news for the game and the players. I hope, you make the other two civilizations or at least one of them, also to a true april joke..

PHOENICIANS
      The phoenicians would be a people who would fit in well with the game, they are also not featured in almost any other real-time strategy games. They even have their own semitic language.

FeteFatale likes this.
    16. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

We considered both the Phoenicians and Huns carefully before finalizing our decision of the Indians. Both civs are great and could work, but we simply see more benefit and fewer drawbacks with the Indians.

FeteFatale likes this.
    17. Erasmus

Erasmus Spearman

That i like to believe you. The Indians were certainly the right decision.

But maybe later in the game, you could add the other two civilizations. The Phoenicians and the Huns would be too great for me, to be added to this game at a certain point in time. At least is it from my point of view. If you need to donate for it, I am happy to give something.

Andy P XIII likes this.
    18. SHIFENG

SHIFENG Long Swordsman

good job,indian is the neighbor of china:D

Artafern, FeteFatale and Andy P XIII like this.
    19. Artafern

Artafern Spearman

Incredible news! We did not have time to rejoice in the Romans, there were already new positive emotions.
      And in general it is very pleasant to watch how your team revived and continued the path of the game with dignity! I'm sure the guys from Microsoft regret abandoning this project;)
      Special attention to the constantly growing list of new items!

Now a little off topic, but a very exciting question for me, since 2012, when the Greeks removed the last wall upgrade in the tech tree. I don’t remember what it was changed to, but for example, in the current realities it would be very justified to remove the last upgrade for the fisherman and return the wall. (or, as an option, add an advisor to the 3rd century, which opens a unique wall upgrade)
      1) In the distant years of the existence of the game, we saw only the legendary Marion and a few more difficult quests. now the game has an incredible amount of ultra difficult quests, and sometimes the latest upgrade is very lacking.
      2) Regarding the balance: Babylon, Egypt (especially Babylon) - have a 4th level of the wall, while (for example) you can also spam ultra strong archers / elephant archers. (This is a word about the fact that the Greeks can hold a blind defense using crossbows). Times have changed and now the Greeks (a favorite civilization since 2011) look weaker than others in terms of fortifications. (and in general it looks strange that a great civilization is protected by a semi-wooden wall).

Huge dream to be able to build 4th level walls again.

And by the way, it's a shame for the Greeks in terms of the appearance of some buildings. Take a look at the workmanship of later civilizations (Babylon, Norse) and Rome! Greeks look a little shabby = (

Thank you for your attention, and I beg your pardon for the crooked text (written through a translator).

Keep doing great work, you are incredible! =)

Chris23g likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice