On quests where you are forced to have certain units. Clicking the wrong hotkey is very punishing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Romaniac01, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Hi All,

Would it please be possible to have it so that unless the unit is actually out of the barracks or the archery or stable that the unit does not count as trained.
    There are so many times where in the heat of the moment in legendary quests you spam units and accidentally hit s instead of a or f or whatever hotkey and then immediately you are punished for wrong units.

Would it be possible to only be punished if the units are actually trained?

Thanks
    Romaniac01

Wololoo likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Devs would love to implement that, it gets asked for every few weeks. But its actually very tricky to do in the current codebase so is likely to be very far off, if it ever happens. Same goes for a number of other quality of life improvements.

4. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

So I guess I have to try to remember to change hot keys before starting a game with restricted units!

5. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

i know it's highly frustrating because I have experienced it myself but I have to admit it's my only fault because of distraction.
    just slow down a little bit and think twice before pressing or clicking the wrong key,
    the quest's fate won't be decided because of one or two seconds :)

6. Matt

Matt Spearman

The quest should fail once the wrong unit has been finished training and not when training iniatiates.

aceloki and Slyrevick like this.
  7. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Actually I just realised that the developers have already implemented the right logic for legionaries. The train 100 legionaries quest only goes up by one when a legionary is trained.

The same logic should be able to be migrated to quests that force you to not train other unit types

8. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

would need to dev to respond on the details but I wouldn't assume that negative could coded in the same way.

9. t31os

t31os Berserker

There's logic there for wonder objectives, the objective completes when the wonder is built, it shouldn't be impossible to use some of that same logic to trigger a fail for the completion of a building.

I'd love to see a fix for this(a solid QoL improvement for various quest objectives), the amount of times i've pressed G for tower by mistake wanting a house (H being beside G) and not even started building the thing and had an objective fail because of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice