Sword of Tiberius is op and better than all others by a lot

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Romaniac01, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Hi All,

Comparing the Sword of Tiberius with other Swords and other bows, light spears or javelins, shows clearly that the sword of Tiberius provides some of the best stats and makes this almost always the best sword.

Compare please to Alexander's Ornate Bow or the Javelin of the Sky. This is what Tiberius really should be like, otherwise I would never assume anyone would want any other sword.

This is also then compared to the Epic Osiris' Golden Blade. Normally a Legendary is 5percentage points to 10 percentage points better over the Epic. But this one is over 20 percentage points better than the Epic.

Can you please correct it and decide to lower the stats a bit? Somewhere there should be 10 or so percentage points less life or less dmg,

Thanks
    Romaniac01

2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let me make sure I understand you? You want us to Nerf Sword of Tiberius? I'm confused, how are you coming to the conclusion that it is grossly overpowered?

4. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Sword of Tiberius has average DMG of 46.3% and Average life of 26.6%.
    Compared to the Epic of Osiris DMG of 37% and life 14.4%

Compared to the Bows:

Alexander's Ornate Bow DMG 44.4%, Health 13.4%
    Hero-Slaying Bow DMG 40.2%, Health 12.1%

The increase in stats in Tiberius from the Epic to the Legendary are crazy and also there is no sword better.

Swords are mainly used for melee and as such the survivability is also important. For max dmg Sesostris may be better, but you will survive more with Tiberius and Zahhak's is not as good because the huge life that Tiberius gives makes it much better.

Kire likes this.
  5. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

I do not per se want to nerf it... but at least if something so Overpowered comes out, at least there should be realistic alternatives.

If you do not believe me, then please try it on some test Units in a random map, have the same unit vs the same unit, no upgrades, nothing, just one sword vs one sword and see that Tiberius will always win.

It makes all other swords worthless except a few certain ones in special cases.

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, thank you for your input. I am very glad you see value in this item and will craft it.

Romaniac01 likes this.
  7. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

If you need a more tanky Sword using unit, then yes, Sword of Tiberius is the best available Sword that there is.

As it stands, the overall design of the harder Legendary quests greatly favors damage output over raw health - Enemy units deal extreme amounts of damage at higher difficulties compared to their health. Thus, 30% more health doesn't matter when the opposing units still 2 shot your units.

Instead, you want damage and more damage. Since health doesn't increase at anywhere near the rate that Damage does for the enemy, this means that damage gives far more mileage then extra health - The enemy units die faster, dealing less damage to your army, meaning that more of your army survives, meaning that you complete the quest faster.

It's to the point that, rather then going for the massively tankier Tunic of Acteaon, some players recommend High Vizier's robes for the very squishy Celtic Spearman - Tunic of Acteaon won't help your spearman take an extra blow at higher ranked quests, so instead you should focus on maximizing their damage output.

Andy P XIII and NoteHermelin786 like this.
  8. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Thanks to both of you... I guess I prefer somewhat tanks front line and glass cannon ranged.

So I still want to get the Recipe of Sword of Tiberius. :)

9. Romaniac01

Romaniac01 Champion

Then since damage would be best, would you please make a Legendary version of Scathach's Immortal Reaper. Especially since critical is only double then this is not optimal and thus Vorpal blade is better at max.

If the average dmg is 40% and 16.5% crit, so minor increases vs epic, then i would definitely choose this

#8 Romaniac01, Mar 28, 2021 at 10:02 PM
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    Kire likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice