Valley of the Kings coop - OOS

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ByFstugan, Mar 6, 2021.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Hi.

My wife and I did the Valley of the Kings yesterday and had real problems with OOS (Out Of Sync). We tried like 6-8 times and died early in most of them, but two of them we got to Age 4 and started push north-east (p1, Babylon) and north-west (p2, Celt).

We have playes ALOT of coops and have 100Mb Fiber-internet and in general we don't have any problem, oos happens, but very rare. With this map it happened both times in about same time, not sure if we played 20 or 30 or more minutes, but we was just about as far both times.

Often you can get oos and hit esc and still finish map and it's almost in sync (not completelly) anyhow - but this map it both seemed to happen more often and with more serious trouble - nothing was right. The other side died horribly to both and death was unavoidable, second time we managed to make it but had to do it 70% or so solo; now and then towers/castles appeard that the others built.

Anyhow, this oos is very frustrating, and we've done VoK many times before with no OOS problem, so yesterday when we had it twice in about same time I got suspicious if it might be an problem that came with some patch? I dunno.

2. Loading...

3. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

Unfortunately I have those problems too on VoK and EMIC like 6 times on 10. SO far I don't understand why , since usually HUGE lags end in desynch, but for those two maps , even if it 's super smooth and lagg free, some of those desynch appears quite often.

4. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

So Elite Meet In Crete is also extra much Out of Syncs in then? Seems as it was not just for us then with VoK at least. For us it was 2/2 that day (of the games we didn't die the first 15-20 mins).

5. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I noticed something. We just did VoK again but this time without any OOS. There was a "bug" each OOS game that COULD be a tell of something bad happening (unless it changed after the OOS). The top right enemy base guardian chest was bugged both OOS so there was houses placed above the guardians (so they litterary stood inside them). So if you do a Hidden Spy on this area early game and it looks like this I'd restart instantly.

EDIT:
    Tested instant after start once now and realized that the houses isn't even built very early, so I guess it doesn't help if you check to early any how - but MIGHT if you do it a bit into map. Perhaps 10-15 mins is enough?

#4 ByFstugan, Mar 10, 2021 at 2:43 AM
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  6. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

We just did 2 more runs (after one successful) on VoK - game OOS after about 10 minutes both times, and 2x2 Heroic Aids WASTED this games due to that. As far as I know I can't get them without Winter Points?

#5 ByFstugan, Mar 10, 2021 at 10:22 PM
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  7. weisi

weisi Woad Raider

I am not sure, but i think you can also buy (for EP) at Empire Store in main city

8. gamevideo113

gamevideo113 Champion

Make sure to restart AoEO if you get an OOS, usually it helps

9. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

It's "same" and not. The EP version is an Age 3 and the one I talk about is Age 1. Makes all the difference for VoK (and almost anything).

10. weisi

weisi Woad Raider

Maybe, it will be a god suggest move item from age 3 to age 1

11. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

I find when playing with my friend that waiting 3-4 seconds on the game timer(f11) at the start avoid oos in most maps except vok where a whole 10 sec of waiting is required.
    While waiting those seconds we do nothing, no selecting units, no orders, no camera moving .. nothing except breathing. When we do that, we never get oos and when we don't it's very common.

12. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Intresting if true, and weird. But perhaps something the devs can use to figure out the reason for the OOS?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice