The First Official Romans Gameplay Stream Casted by PF2K and AndyPXIII

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Ardeshir, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Apologies for the bad twitch link, it's been re-uploaded to youtube now
    PvE Gameplay
    ----------------------
    PvP Gameplay

PvP Gameplay by RecoN (Romans - Yellow) vs StriKeR (Babylonian - Blue) .

Followed by completion of one of the upcoming, yet-to-be-announced legendary quests, completed by PF2K (Blue, PoV), and Kire (Teal)! Quest made by Kire, but yet to be named and given lore

The first official Romans gameplay video for AOEO, developed voluntarily by the Project Celeste Community, dropped on PF2K's stream at the conclusion of the Prez Holiday Invitational $500+ 8 Player tournament (congratulations Eery, and thank you IamPREZSTEVE!).

#1 Ardeshir, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:52 AM
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Andy P XIII, bbgambini and Sonometal like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

The link isn’t working for me. Regardless, this is very exciting. We’re getting closer!

4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Andy P XIII likes this.
  5. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Yep, I saw it. I’m so excited I’m gonna explode.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  6. Primordial Bias

Primordial Bias Spearman

Damn, the voice acting sounds good. I was half-expecting it to stick out like a sore thumb like you see in AoE3 modded civs.
    HYPE

Andy P XIII likes this.
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Well it was worth all the hassle of the voice acting crew, and big thanks to each and every one of them and the audio team for their efforts on that front, in their nearly finished gargantuan task!

subtle bump for edited first post btw

Andy P XIII likes this.
  8. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

All credit goes to WeRFury, Chaos, and PF2K for their discerning ears. They put every one of us voice actors through the ringer and forced us to each figure out how to capture as close to studio quality sound quality as possible at home. We each had to work with what we had. Lots of hiding in closets under layers of blankets, finding the perfect distance from the microphones recording at the perfect volumes, etc. That kind of extreme pickiness served ultimately as a litmus test — it takes so much effort and re-doing the same thing over and over to achieve their demanded audio quality that the folks we ended up teaming with simply wanted to help more than anyone else. I mean this in a very nonjudgmental way, but it is very true with a volunteer project like this: lots of people offer help but few are willing to buckle down. We had like 15-20 people express interest and only a fraction of them stuck it out. They are cool in my book, and now we have more names of great people in case we need any future development help.

So thanks to Chaos, Fury, and PF2K, we are able to say that our vocals match the standards of the original game.

#7 Andy P XIII, Dec 25, 2020 at 3:47 PM
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    Primordial Bias and Kire like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice