Modification in Helloween Event?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rob75, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Rob75

Rob75 Long Swordsman

hi

something changed in the mission tomb sweet tomb???

if you do this quest, u got 200 helloween material. now i get 100 helloween material??

why?

best regards

2. aceloki

aceloki Long Swordsman

Rob75 it has been adjusted; probably as the quickest quest. Don't Let Bahram be embalmed has been adjusted the other way ; up to 200 Halloween mats as it takes a bit longer. Have fun and knock em out.

3. Rob75

Rob75 Long Swordsman

i think, this was a wrong decision for normal players. its a question of time. this mission was the only chance to get zahhak.

#3 Rob75, Nov 8, 2020 at 10:58 AM
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, the two quests intended rewards got transposed somehow by mistake during the start of the event. This fix put things correct. Sorry for confusion

Andy P XIII and Rob75 like this.
  5. Rob75

Rob75 Long Swordsman

thank you, sir. but i have a question: to get a heavy spear for all of my 6 civs i need 45000 helloween material. with 30 days i need per day 1500 to reach this target.

please can you(or another player) tell me, what is the fastest way to get 1500 a day and how many hours i need for 1500?

best regards and thank you very much for help

6. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

First, keep in mind that you no longer have 30 days - There are only 11 days left of the Halloween event.

The absolute fastest way to get points atm is to grind out the Weekly PvP Marathon quest on all 6 civs - With the current time frame, you'd be able to do this twice with some margin of error, which would yield enough mats for close to 11 Spears, or 23 idols/axes.

Failing that, doing 30 minutes of PvP a day on each civ will yield a decent number of mats - Roughly 1 spear every 3rd day all told.

Coming after that is co-oping legendaries, then doing all the holiday repeatables.

7. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

Why are you want those Heavy Spears so much? Crete Cohort Heavy Spear, Spartan Champion's Heavy Spear or Heavy Spear of Sacrifice are much better for Prodromos, Camel Rider and Horsemen (Celt, Norse and Gallic). Spearmen also has some other alternative spears, depend on your style. Cataphract and Lancer are the priority here.

Slyrevick likes this.
  8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Champion

For a very specific role i use Siavash on Spears

9. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Getting a co op partner, and play 3 legendary event quests a day would be your best bet to get 15. You can get more if you play longer.

10. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

For Celt and Norse Horsemen, keep in mind that if you are going Horseman Build, you do want to maximize overall damage compared to health. Zahhak's is also the best option for any Spearman Rush strat if that's your thing. There's also City Conquest and Defense, in which Zahhak's gear is absolutely amazing - Keep in mind that with the buffs both City Conquest and City Defense (Except Sens, which still gives lvl 17 chests for whatever reason) makes them very worthwhile, and you use Spearman for Greeks and Babylons, and Camels and Horsemen for Egypt, Celts, and Norse (Norse and Egypt also can get good use out of the Axe here)

Finally, there's just the overall QoL of ensuring that any survivors from a fight will quickly be at full health before the next fight without having to dedicate a priest unit, especially on maps that prevent priests.

11. Rob75

Rob75 Long Swordsman

thanks to all for answer

but the main problem i wanna talk about is time...

time i have to play this game. the only game i play atm.

why i ask for time??

i have a hard job, a family and real life. as the event started and i thought its possible to get a heavy spear for every civ. but what i have to do to reach the target and how many time i need??
    with the mission tomb sweet tomb i had the chance to get 4 of the spears if i play every day 50 minutes, what is maximum i can do.
    i am no hardcore player playin 12 hours a day. but one hour really every day is not bad.
    so i know how to get 1500 points with all the missions.
    but is it possible in one hour? as normal player?
    what i wanna say... do i have to be a hardcore player for reaching the minumum target of a spear for every civ? would more gamer play the game, if it would be a lil bit easier to get them?
    i like the game and the community very much.
    just think about it.

best regards to all :)

12. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Event items are meant to bring a bit of extra spice to the game, get 2-3 of the new items (axe and religious item this year) and maybe 1 of the older items (spears) during the event and make some of your favourite units feel a bit different and maybe a bit stronger. The goal isn't to gear all civs with the items and getting many previous years items is intended to be pretty much impossible time wise.

I know some people disagree with that intention and say that if gear is available in game at all then it should be accessible to everyone in reasonable manner. However this is the intended strategy the devs have used to build event rewards. It forces us to pick smaller goals, example I've gone for: Axe for Berserkers, 1 Religious item (in case i need it in future), 1 heavy spear that I'll hold to use on maybe Romans. I played last year and got 1 light spear for Elephants and 1Heavy spear that I still haven't used but i think i'll put on Norse Horsemen. If you look through all the units and what you really actually use there isn't that many that needs Zahhak stuff.

Jeinx and Slyrevick like this.
  13. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Yep,
    Those Zahhak's gear are pretty cool to have but certainly not the optimum choice for some quests

Plus, from what i know, there is regularly events, so no need to hurry

Jeinx likes this.
  14. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

If it makes you all feel better, the three of us who design the event and choose the ingredients prices and availability have all been too busy this month with life and with developing more stuff to actually stop and grind the stuff ourselves very much. (I've spent every night this week on AoEO, but mostly on the Romans). We follow (pretty strictly, at least) an internal rule where Devs dont get stuff for free, so we are right there with you.

I think so far, I've created 2 Axes, 2 Idols, and 2 or 3 Prisons.

Unsolicited link to the theory that we Devs shouldn't pay ourselves in gear: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

And unsolicited commentary: Since even we don't get this stuff for free, it is a lot easier for us to tell off those people who offer to donate money to the project but only in exchange for gear. Those people threaten our very existence and can take their fake altruism with them when they go to hell.

goorz likes this.
  15. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I so far have only one Axe, one Idol, one Prison, and hope to get a heavy spear by event end.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  16. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Most importantly than items, events guide you to reforge your experience of the game
    For myself, after an event, my knowledge and strategy greatly uprised. thus making the game more enjoyable.

#16 Slyrevick, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:17 PM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    Andy P XIII likes this.
  17. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I am curious what you mean.

18. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

I thought it was pretty clear :)

i'm just better (or retardless) player after an event.

19. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

because of the types of quests in the event? something else makes you a better player? sorry, I am just curious because I dont think I could explain what you mean. and I want to make sure we keep doing it. haha

20. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Well,

Just little things that got my attention on
    parameters that i wasn't aware.

For example , that quest based on towers with barahm.

Like an idiot , i had chosen Husbandry instead of Parapets.

It made me reset my greek milestones.

At Summer, for same reason i resetted my celts milestones wich leads me to have now celts as my favorite.

Plus some other things i don't have in mind right now.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice