ELEPHANT TAMER CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'PvE Challenges/Tournaments' started by Unknown Maniac, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

ELEPHANT TAMER CHALLENGE!!

WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
    Most of us don't like the elephant camps for how strong they are, so let's teach those elephants a lesson.

WHAT'S THE OBJECTIVE?
    Record how YOU (solo ONLY) kill legendary elephant guardians without losing a single unit, upload the video on YT (or anywhere you can send me link to, set it as UNLISTED) and send me the link on Discord.

WHY SHOULD YOU?
    I am offering you a chance to earn a LEGENDARY advisor of your choice. That's right. But I am offering only one of each, so the faster you are, the greater the chance you will get the advisor you want most (only one per account).

WHERE DO YOU SEND THE LINK?
    Send me the message on the Discord (Name: Psychosaurus), the message should contain a link to the video, your IGN (unless you show it in the video) and your advisor preference list (simply type one advisor per row, the most wanted should be at the top).

VIDEO CONDITIONS
    - The killing should NOT take longer than 2 minutes, video can be little bit longer
    - You have to do it alone (you can play the quest in coop but you have to do the killing alone only).
    - You are not allowed to use naval units.
    - BUILDINGS ARE NOT ALLOWED!! Show the area around the camp so I can see no towers or such near the camp. (Better delete any nearby towers, this rule includes walls of any kind, towers, fortresses and TCs)
    - The in-game timer has to be visible (enable it in the options)
    - Show the quest objectives for 3 seconds (just to make sure it is a legendary quest).
    - Using legendary advisors is forbidden (so you will have to show the advisors, it's okay to use them during quest but they cannot buff the army you use to clear the camp)
    - NO CONSUMABLES
    - (Optional) Show your IGN name (top left corner in-game)

WHEN DOES IT END?
    You have time until the end of the Summer Event 2020 (check the timer on the right, you get +2 hours for upload and message for a total of 1 week and 2 hours)
    OR
    Until I have the 18 winners (one for each advisor)
    The winners will be announced once I have checked all the videos or once I have all the winners.

Feel free to ask if you are unsure about anything.
    God speed to all challengers.

#1 Unknown Maniac, Aug 23, 2020 at 11:00 PM
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  2. Loading...

3. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Hahaha. This sounds challenging. I mean you can kite the elephants with ranged but those elephant archers hmm. I hate those elephants but I'll give it a go; I haven't looted Themistokles yet xd. Why send the vid by PM and not post it here though?

4. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I dont want anyone just to copy someone just in case, I know it can be difficult but you never know.

5. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Update:
    I am forbidding legendary advisors since I want this challenge for players without them, also they could make it easy for some civ(s).

6. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

The challenge is still going on, yesterday I had two challengers and today... well I am sad. I am offering YOU a chance to get a legendary advisor, so if you are missing a legendary advisor in your hall this is your chance to get him practically for free, just prove your skill as an elephant tamer.

7. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

I'm uploading my vid and will send to you shortly :) You're sharing everyone's vids at the end right? Curious to see if everyone went for the same killing combo

8. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Yeah, I will announce who won, what they won and link to their vid.

Slyrevick likes this.
  9. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Cool. Advertise this a bit more in game and on discord. Not many people check the forums

bbgambini likes this.
  10. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Update:
    -You can use legendary advisors during the quest, but they cannot buff the army you use to kill the camp
    -Adding rule to consumables (Well, I want to see skill, so this is just in case, I wouldn't accept it anyway)

11. Faluzure

Faluzure Champion

Can you post a list of what advisors have been claimed?

12. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I would rather not reveal that. I dont want to discourage people from trying the challenge just because they cannot earn the one they want most. You either take the chance or leave it. I personally don't really care what you do with the advisor afterwards, you can use it, sell it on GM for coin or trade with someone for something else.
    But if more people agree with revealing, then I will reveal it.

13. kalnokyn

kalnokyn Villager

Hello,

Is there an easy way, or a map to exercise/try fast different comp for this challenge?

14. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Sais is pretty fast, plus 5 chests on that map.

15. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I am accepting no entries from now on.

16. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Well, unfortunately the Summer Event 2020 is over and so is the Elephant Tamer Challenge. I hope you enjoyed this challenge and gave it your best to beat it. I definitely enjoyed watching the videos.

Now here are the winners of the challenge:

1st place - gamevideo113 - Sobek's - He didn't give those elephants even a chance to strike back! The arrows of bowmen caused the eclipse, the elephants couldn't see the sun at their final moment.

2nd place - valnarienne - Esfandiyar - The elephants had a shower of arrows coming from valnarienne's War Wagons. Unfortunately, they didn't enjoy it for too long.
    CLIP
    Note: He had his coop partner record it for him but he DID send me a screenshot, everything was ok.

3rd place - Finishedblock21 - Themistokles - She used elephants against their own kind, what a cruel mistress.

4th place - Pharos - Finnulfr - Boy, this one was the closest I have seen. Just few seconds longer and he wouldn't be here.

5th place - AmunetTheWise - Sargon - Well, he was just as cruel as Finishedblock21. Those poor elephants tamed by their own kind.

6th place - Fyusel - Brennos - Well, he used the strategy as valnarienne, showering elephants with arrows. But he also tried to pacify them with his Cataphracts.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q59ZIYoWgYhm_FfiEk3Gc1hGLa8p89gg?usp=sharing

7th place - BlizZard - Brann - I guess stoning elephants is in her blood. Just take a look and tell me that I'm wrong. Also thanks to Fyusel for recording it.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hUpism72qAf0-nsJ23TmeaIy1fpB8wMf?usp=sharing

8th place - Chitm - Khepri - Combination of Finishedblock21's elephant cruelty and valnarienne's shower. Probably the cruelest person of them all.

HONEST MENTION - Mandy - The Memer of the Challenge - Honestly, I would include even the most original, the strategy is quite unique and the editing... HAHA. Unfortunately, his predictions came true (he would be 5th otherwise), so please give him some love. I had decided to give him 150k coins atleast for this work.

BONUS:
    Well, a lot of Persian and Egyptian runs, wouldn't you aggree? So here's my video ending the challenge and with my runs as Greeks, Celts and Norse:

And that's it, now I have to figure out what to do with the remaining advisors.

bbgambini and FinishedBlock21 like this.
  17. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Another challenge for the remaining advisors? This was fun

18. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

I don't know if I should keep them in case I come up with another challenge or just sell them.

19. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

i didn't take part to the challenge but watching different winners is interesting.

20. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

Awesome videos!!! Great job everyone. This was a nice different challenge.

Mandy and those caravans FTW!!! LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice