Summer Event Guardian Scaling

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aaron, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Their stats doesn't seem to scale at all for sub-40 civs, which makes them very hard to kill with my lvl 20 civ. This isn't too bad on maps where you can clear the whole thing then come back to the guardians, but on something like timed defense map I have to completely give up on killing them as they would completely wipe my army.

Edit: Actually, I don't quite know what's going on now. When I did Elite: Lots of Rogues with my lvl 40 civ, the elephants have ~10k hp, when I did a quest with my lvl 20 civ they also had ~10k hp, but doing Settlement of Helheim (with my lvl 40 civ) they have almost 20k. I will try to take some screenshots if I come across it again.

#1 Aaron, Aug 16, 2019 at 5:34 AM
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Any quests and civs (if soloing a global quest) you noticed it on in particular? I haven't got any civ to 40 (all 20-30), so i can probably have a look too.

4. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

So I figured out how it works. Elephants have different tiers, which corresponds to different HP values. Still, that meant that they aren't being scaled down for sub lvl 40, unless I am mistaken.

Ardeshir likes this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Perhaps not :(. They are difficult, but not impossible. Try co-oping if you're looking to farm the rewards I'd say. Level 40 players probably won't mind carrying lowbies because they'd wanna get the quests done themselves.

6. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

I build a wall around them, place towers and make a lot of gastra (greeks). It takes time but thats the only way I have seen that it works. So far they don' t destroy the walls.

7. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

I want to bring this one up to the top again, since it's also happening this summer. This time, a lvl 2 player was asking in chat on how to kill these OP elephants, and the only thing I could suggest to them was to ignore it, which was very confusing for them.

Maybe consider making them spawn in quests >= lvl 20?

8. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

While the elephants are very difficult for lower lvld players, I've been able to do them on my Greeks (Currently in the 20s) by first targeting the elephant archers with massed Sarrissophoroi, then the actual Elephants with massed Prodromos. Peltasts and Spearman are too squishy to survive long enough to deal the damage, and Hoplites don't deal enough damage overall. It can take some time, but it's doable on pretty much all missions - Even on the timed missions, note that you can do the guardians AFTER Quest completion

9. Hugo Mendieta

Hugo Mendieta Spearman

The guardians are definitively OP for even most of lvl 40 with decent gear. I know in legendaries it's supposed to be hard, but it takes too much time and effort cuz you can't do it with separate groups of units, you need to commit your whole army to each treasure and sometimes, because of their huge bonus against almost every unit, they ended up killing all of them so you need to keep spamming units and creating a new army after each treasure. I see some people that I played with making towers, fortress and all sorts of tricks to take them down and that in my opinion it's not worth it, because 98% of time the treasure is of little value (green, rare and occasionally epic) you're better of investing that time in other quests. I have decent gear and I manage to do it, but I can imagine people with not very good gear and skills having troubles.

10. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

That's because you know what you are doing and are an experienced player. Imagine a new player seeing them on level 2. They would be completely confused at why they could not hope to kill them, and ask in chat. When someone then tell them just to leave the elephants, they would not understand why, since the game has taught them to kill the guardians for treasure. The only way I could explain to them was to tell them that the elephants are bugged.

11. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

They've been nerfed pretty heavily compared to last year's. Even though they're still much harder than regular guardians, you don't need to both tower around the treasure AND tech to the best composition to kill the guardians for your civ any more, one of the two will do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice