The opinion of a frustrated fan

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xentronium, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Pity about that :(
    But horses for courses and at least you invest time to post your impressions :)
    Some people love consumables, I tend to limit them until last resort , but mostly I forget o_Oo_O

You can please ALL of the people SOME of the time
    You can Please SOME of the people ALL of the time
    But you CANNOT please ALL of the people ALL of the time

Pity but the AI is what it is, it's flexible between quests , but once it started it runs. So to please everyone we would need a lot more developers and prolly working full time ....

IT's a FAN project and it's so good people think they have an triple A game ...
    I am a bit nonplussed, so many quests at normal, Elite, Leg and Co Op all working with a very rare glitch ... ??? Im not getting it myself ..
    what is the perfect RTS ??? ... AOEO Celeste 4 me :D:D:D

2. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Athens quest line was the first New quest pack the team added. The difficulty of these quests are definatly not in a consistent rhythm with other level 30 quests from the old game for sure. It was recommended when they came out that it wasn't a solo level 30 recommendation, but a co-op one. Good news, the team has learned quite a bit more since this release, and is far better with new content packs holding consistent with the core game on difficulty, in relation to other quests with level recommendation. Please do not get frustrated on this one. Just look past the recommended level 30 and wait until you are 40 geared, or have a partner to play with. I think the mind set way back when it was created was to be content that would be challenging, and focused less on the non legendary versions being true to their level recommendations. The team has come a long way since this : )

Andy P XIII and Exclusive0r like this.
  3. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

You can say that again :D

4. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

When there are so many quests that can take you from lv 30 to 40, why get frustrated if some of them are too difficult for you? After all, those lv 30 players that enjoy playing challenging quests should have an option to do so, like there's an option to easily level up with cyprus.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  5. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Also I don't see an issue with those more difficult quests being labeled as lv 30; it's just an indication, not a guarantee that you will beat the quest as long as you are lv 30, like being lv 40 does not mean you will be able to beat all level 40 legendary quests. There is great disparity between the difficulty of quests labelled as lv 40, why is this an issue for lv 30 quests?

Exclusive0r likes this.
  6. garyoakk

garyoakk Long Swordsman

The issue for me isnt the label. its the disparity between the original quests AI and difficulty and the newer one done by the team celeste.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  7. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

This is the answer to the difference between players' skill levels. There's got to be something for everyone. You are not supposed to be able to beat every quest. Paphos is too easy for me so I don't play it, if valley is too difficult for you, you don't have to play it either.

Slyrevick and Exclusive0r like this.
  8. garyoakk

garyoakk Long Swordsman

This is were the label come into play. Label a quest correctly then .

I also feel frustated like op said in his original message for the same reasons. Quests I enjoy playing are the one in the same ' level ' as the original cyprus quests. As far as im concerned there is no other options for me if im looking for that kind of quests.

And btw, I did some legendary. I can beat some solo and coop. I just dont enjoy them at all,

Exclusive0r likes this.
  9. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Nailed it .....

I ignore the label btw .. it doesn't make sense to me .. but then I played original ..

#29 Exclusive0r, Jun 24, 2020 at 6:20 PM
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  10. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

So hate to say it ....
    But I will .... Is there a game you like 110% .. 100% .. just askin' I nvr found one ....
    I mean what would you change ? It's easy (esp after lock down ) to find fault .. to find answers well ....
    I just have a "negativity" alergy .. not personal ....
    Seems you want a ceratain level of content .. and it will come

11. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

You can always give a quest a try and see if you can beat it or not rather than relying on any label someone else will decide to give that quest.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  12. garyoakk

garyoakk Long Swordsman

I dont want to point fingers or find who's faulty, just expressing myself here.

at the end of the day, its just a game. The work the fan project made is phenomenal and its really great to have this game back from the grave.

I just feel the new content goes into a completly new direction comparing to the original game ( mostly refering to the difficulty ) and everytime i see the subject being discussed here by a new / beginner player, the veteran / elite player start giving tips, explanation etc instead of discussing the subject of the difficulty itself. Helping people isnt bad at all ofc but in the long run the same problem remains regarding the difficulty.

I would be curious to know how many new player keeps playing the game when they reach lvl 40? My circle of friend all stopped playing after grinding 2-3 civ to lvl 40 , same for me.

In the end, I love this game but dont see any replayability since im not interested in playing legendaries and at the moment the new content is not what I am looking for.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  13. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

not personal .....:cool::cool:

14. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

The Celtic pack has addressed this issue by including normal and elite quests along with the legendaries. It would be interesting to see how much these quests are played. I personally haven't seen anyone looking coop for those, including the easy Lodi legendaries, other than "lots of barbarians".

Exclusive0r likes this.
  15. garyoakk

garyoakk Long Swordsman

The lodi pack right ? Honestly I only played one of the early quest because the rest were coop only. ( wich is another problem imo, i like coop from time to time but forcing it is a no no )

Maybe I'll give it a shot

16. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

We love releasing more quest packs. If anyone out there is reading and curious to work on quests, please jump into the editor and ask questions.

Slyrevick likes this.
  17. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

18. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I am , after trying a series of elite and leg quests beginning to see ....

well the jump is so high ....

I'm getting it ... the enemy spams over powered mega death squads with great gear ... so .. no chance for player non-expert .. restart ... same ... restart .. leave .... shame

It's too easy or too hard .....and old timers like me ... well we have our Leg impossible or Phaphos ....

So I am seeing it ..." easy " or " not possible" .... 'hmm somehow there has to be a mix .... ???
    maybe manage the spam ..

Yes if you are expert with great KSPS ... cool but this is RTS not FPS ... KSPS ... ???

I think we need some wrggle room .. just sayin like

Jury is out ....

EDIT: Been trying some quests and I think there is a point .. Easy ... V Hard .. not a lot of middle ground .... Just taking this Thread ideas and going off my normal path ... all solo ..

I guess at some point you come to accept, well at least me , just not making the mark.. not good enough...

#38 Exclusive0r, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:35 PM
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    MainMan B and garyoakk like this.
  19. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

I believe that we must see the quest as a puzzle and be delighted to have to find a solution :)

20. starrtiktokk

starrtiktokk Villager

I agree with OP and made the same criticism in the past. I don't like playing with consummables this is not the way I like RTS. athens quests and well of urn quest were too much for me and I am a well seasonned aoe / aom player. I cant imagine how the beginners feels in this.