Master Assassin's Gauntlets and the abandoned Legendary Weekly Rotation

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Equilibrium, May 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Champion

Hi,

i think it is very unfair that a few people, who were active or had the big amount of EP when Legendary Weekly Rotation was a thing, got so many MA for low effort.

Because now the droprate seems to be extremly low for a MA. It is a big disadvantage for all other players that stack up EP now and can't get them.

It's hard to say what could possible change this issue. It came with the Weekly Leg. Rotation and was abandoned because of this reason.

Maybe the droprate should be a bit higher, i heard some active players get one in a year, so if you bought 10 MA with EP you offset 10 years of MA grinding? It's kind of ridiculos for me...

Greetz

Hawkster likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Thankfully, whether one account has really good or really bad gear has absolutely no effect on whether I am able to solo a legendary. So we can remove fairness from the analysis.

That leaves just the question of whether it benefits this game to allow and encourage players to horde EP and spend them all on an infinite supply of store bought max items. It doesn’t. So we aren’t allowing it.

MatrixSoft, WiriWout and Exclusive0r like this.
  4. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

That sounds fair .....

Look see
    AOEO Legendary Soloi (Uncommon Green Gear ONLY) Greek Age of Empires Online

WiriWout likes this.
  5. KazMx

KazMx Long Swordsman

I like how this is a complain it means that people care enough about the game to demand it to "be better" in their own understanding, but have not yet play enough to noticed the lowly difference that 1% make.

6. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Everyone wants the game to be its best, and I appreciate these posts. We just disagree on the benefits of directly selling max items for EP. that was absolutely terrible game design, which we created and fixed as soon as we could. We replaced it with random leg boxes, so players can still use EP to get MAGs, though it’s obviously random.

For that matter, MAGs themselves were a mistake to create and should be removed. But that’s an entirely other bag of snakes.

tqhung1987 and Exclusive0r like this.
  7. KazMx

KazMx Long Swordsman

Just a technical question here, are you guys able to remove their ability to be tradeable? that could kill a lot of problems with the Leg economy, although it could open another whole can of worms

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Champion

@Andy P XIII

Fairness was referred to the way the MAG's were obtained. It has absolutely nothing to do about giving an player an excessive advantage in terms of gameplay. Getting MAG’s is just extremly time-comsumping or coin-comsumping which is just removed by the luck to have the EP when MAG's appeared in the Weekly Legendary Rotation.

You don’t need it for solo legendary Quests, but why does everybody want them then?

I am also against the Weekly Legendary Rotation because the way obtaining the most valueable item in this way is unfair compared to the way by regular drops.

In my opinion it leads to the point where a lot of players are in a disadvantage.

I don’t think it was a mistake to create MAG’s, I would just higher the droprate for this item, it would lower the immense price of the item and the unfairness in the past would be flatten out.

You could even let the Weekly Legendary Rotation like it is just exclude the MAG's. The point of my argumentation is about bypassing the circumstances of obtaining the MAG's.

9. Hawkster

Hawkster Champion

I agree with the increasing the droprate of MAG's. Ever have been playing this game for about half year, yet I have never got any MAG's as a drop. Not even a single one. It's very odd, because most of the legendary gears can obtain as I do some legendary quests, but MAG is really hard to see. Even in the global market, MAG is either rarely seen (even there were none for long time), or one for sell but at very, very high amount of gold (like hundred-thousands digit or even at millions).

I think this happened because MAG is so hard to get and ever to be seen in this game. Please consider to make MAG appear much often then present. I won't say so much, just make it at least similar (or slightly less) droprate as Ramses gauntlet does... I really want MAG in a drop...

10. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

We don’t have a way to increase the drop rates of a single item. The loot tables don’t work that way, unfortunately.

To get a MAG, you first need to play a quest that contains them in its loot table. These are only Project Celeste legendary quests (not original legendary or alliance quests).

Every chest has a chance of containing a piece of gear. Then every gear has a chance of being legendary. Then every legendary gear has an equal chance of being any of the possible items. The more legendary items we create and add to the table, the smaller and smaller the chance of any single chest containing a MAG.

If, say, there is a 2 percent chance a box contains a legendary item and 50 different legendary items, then on average you need to open 2500 chests to get a MAG.

I’m not saying these are the actual numbers, but this is the general idea.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  11. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

Yep I get that. The more different legendary gear items there are in the pot then the smaller is the chance for you to get the one that you want.

So in truth it's a shame there are so many that nobody wants:-
    Beams of Khnum, Oil Bags of War, Talisman of Khufu, Light Spear of Sargon / Lycurgus, Oars of the Argo, Battle Scrolls of Gilgamesh, Tools of Weyland etc. , etc.

I think it would be good if we could totally "loose" these from the game or if not,
    perhaps rename them:- Booby prize A, Booby prize B lol

12. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Think about the old game. Only players that played near Beta had post level 27 looking glasses, only players that played pre summer update had 17.6 cost reduction gauntlets, only players that had been around for a while had LOS gear, snare gear, ect.
    The good news is, they are still available. As Andy said, the decision (for the first time ever) to completely avoid RNG and provide an eventual way for players to directly buy gear for EP was complete against the game design, and a bad one. Regardless of what decisions are final, I understand that many of you are simply not going to agree, or share this opinion. There are some ideas floating on how we can increase items that are needed in higher numbers, and decrease ones needed far less. All I can ask, is be patient, and trust a little bit.
    Oddly enough, the complaints we recieved were far more frequent, and higher in number when rotation was active. May Zeus, controller of the RNG drop bless your grind path, and increase your Gauntlet drops going forward. :)

13. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I find it hard to believe the whole experience is degraded over missing 1 piece of gear. But then I am a grindr I get loads of gear and coins and EP ..
    What I love about this game is I can do the same few quests and play with my gear, advisors , strat
    In champion mode gear is irrelevent ... if at 1st you don't succeed ...
    Just sayin' like ....
    I even weaken my gear to improve my hand movement

Kire and Andy P XIII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice