Unofficial Quest Design Contest

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andy P XIII, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I’m just trying to aim for the same marks as the original questline. They are definitely not war simulations, but they do keep the general story intact. So, for instance, the Greek quest line traces the Trojan War and doesn’t randomly include a famous battle from some other point in time.

However, not every quest map, objective, or quest giver string can be footnoted to original source material. Sometimes the quest line just has fun gameplay that gets pasted into the QL and worked into the QG’s story somehow. So, too, will the Romans.

This is exactly why I’m asking for cool quest ideas and objectives without any guidance on the narrative. I know the story and the characters. But I need to fill out the quests with fun, challenging, and new gameplay.

Lorenzo, RacketyPurse and Exclusive0r like this.
  2. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

3. DynasticPlanet

DynasticPlanet Champion

Remember when Agamemnon historically took Alexander’s armies to Troy which may or may not have even been a Greek city to begin with (May have actually been Hittite territory)?

#23 DynasticPlanet, Apr 29, 2020 at 6:58 PM
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Exclusive0r and Andy P XIII like this.
  4. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

I have one idea, thats more of a general one. I actually like quests where you find reinforcements and use them to complete the quest, but I would like to advance that to, that you also have to find a place to build a city or military encampent up, maybe as Gladiator to fight the roman empire. That could go over 3-5 miniquest. (More would probably be to much).

Andy P XIII likes this.
  5. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

it could be a mission copied to other Age of Empire but it would also be a nice idea with the priests in search of relics, would it be a very difficult job for priests to do to fix? It's could also be added in the PVP victory method, or maybe when they are found random in the PVE missions, obtain points are worth to the respective alliances of Cesare, Pompeo and Crasso
    180?cb=20191029125654&path-prefix=es.jpg upload_2020-5-5_20-58-20.jpeg upload_2020-5-5_20-59-2.jpeg

#25 RacketyPurse, May 5, 2020 at 8:01 PM
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  6. RatherWatch

RatherWatch Long Swordsman

Not sure if it fits into the timeline, but i'd love to see a stealth/protect-unit mission based around Caligula's horse that was (allegedly) going to be anointed a priest or appointed to the senate, 'Incitatus'.

Similar to the Prince Aha stealth missions in vanilla AoEO.

7. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

We do have Quests similar to those ones!

Exclusive0r and RatherWatch like this.
  8. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Spearman

When I think about Roman the first thought I have are the gladiators. Maybe there could be a map that looks like a colosseum and you have to fight against roman soldiers or wild animals with one character. In every round you can win gold and use that to upgrade your character with skills to win the next battle to be the next hero of the colosseum. It could be also played in coop so that every player uses one special character to win the challenge.

Or a horse race like in Circus Maximus.

#28 Lorenzo, May 25, 2020 at 4:57 PM
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice