Persian Immortal Builds

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by ...ReignOfRagnarok, Apr 20, 2020.

?

Which build for Persian immortals is best, paired with an appropriate Esfandiyar upgrade?

1. Health/tank build (e.g. Bast's Bloodletter, Hardwood Arrows of the Eagle, Delian Archon's Cuirass)

8.3%
  2. Damage build (e.g. Vorpal Blade, Legion Warlord's Arrows, Breastplate of Alexander)

58.3%
  3. Critical hit build (e.g. Scathach's Immortal Reaper, Celtic War Arrows, Ra's Armor of the Solstice)

33.3%
  4. Range build (e.g. Vorpal Blade, Delian Preceptor's Arrows, Tyr's Mithril Breastplate)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ...ReignOfRagnarok

I have read the guides to the Persians that have been posted on here, and my hat goes off to those who posted them. However, I am left wanting more suggestions--particularly for immortals--since they are so unique.

What are some good, sans-Zahhak builds for immortals? I'm pretty baffled by all the customization options. I've seen health/tank builds, damage builds, critical hit builds, and range builds (some examples listed in attached poll). All seem good choices, but I don't have the time to test every one, especially with legendary items.

Also, do critical hit item stats affect both melee and range damage? I understand that damage stats affect both equally, so I would assume critical hit stats do the same (apart from the Esfandiyar melee critical hit damage upgrade, which clearly affects melee only).

Has anyone tested these different builds with the new advisor Esfandiyar? If so, which would you recommend and why? Please mention which Esfandiyar upgrade you prefer with your build, and kindly vote in the attached poll. Thanks, everyone!

Ardeshir likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Geese

Geese Berserker

I know you wrote San zahhak but yeah just wanted to say that's the best XD.

With respect to the new advisor, I think the only worthwhile upgrade is the one for 50% melee crit.

The option for tankiness isn't that great as you can tank better with other units like sparabara. So essentially you trade offensive power from your main offensive unit in exchange for making them some jack of all trades master of none.

I have a similar opinion regarding the range upgrade too. If you want range then you are better off making bowmen. Far more range and cheaper.

Melee crit with damage gear is the way to go. You end up with a one pop unit critting for 140+ dps. With pamphilos that can utterly shred buildings too. Vorpal blade/gladius of bellerophon/sword of menes are all ok substitutes for Zahhak. Arrows are bit more flexible. I prefer arrows of Theseus which have damage and more crit as well. You can even use arrows of apophis in cavalry heavy missions like vok. Breastplate of Alexander or Apocalypse Breastplate is what I use always.

And to answer your question yes crit affects both ranged and melee.

Slyrevick and ...ReignOfRagnarok like this.
  4. ...ReignOfRagnarok

SAAD, as always, great tips. Just wanted to clarify something about the critical hit stat that seems to have already been answered in earlier discussions about how to build woad raiders, lancers, and such. Critical hit is most effective when the damage stats are built up and the critical % chance is decent, correct? In other words, focusing on maxing critical hit chance at the expense of damage results in little benefit? So, a balance of both with preference to damage is best? o_O

Geese likes this.
  5. Geese

Geese Berserker

Yes you're right. The analogy I use is that the crit is basically a cannon. The projectile that the cannon launches is your damage. The bigger that projectile the more useful the cannon is.

You don't want to have a massive cannon firing a feather. That feather isn't going to hurt. Which is basically lots of crit with no damage to back it up.

You want your cannon to fire a cannon ball. Aka crit with damage backing it up that will actually pack a punch. :D

This may or may not be an awful analogy but I think you already got the point haha.

...ReignOfRagnarok likes this.
  6. ...ReignOfRagnarok

A good analogy, even though there are no cannons in Age of Empires Online Celeste.

Aaand... technically, a feather can hurt if fired at a velocity much greater than that provided by the simple cannon in your analogy. However, CERN's particle accelerator might not be available... :p

7. Provin915

Provin915 Woad Raider

Does the range upgrade from commander Esfandiyar affect Bowman?

...ReignOfRagnarok likes this.
  8. Geese

Geese Berserker

Haha yeah you would have to fire it at near light speed :p

9. ...ReignOfRagnarok

No, Esfandiyar's upgrades only affect immortals.

Provin915 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice