Babylonian legendary advisors overlap

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeZo, Apr 2, 2020.

1. ZeZo

ZeZo Long Swordsman

Hi,

I want to address the overlap between King Nebuchadnezzar and Chariot Rider Sargon.

with the addition of Chariot Rider Sargon, King Nebuchadnezzar who increases the damage of the four stable units became redundant since two of those units have got a better advisor.

I think he needs to be changed to a more specific role such as affecting lancers.

my suggested changes are:
    1- Lancers have 20% more health.
    2- Lancers deal 50% bonus damage vs buildings and move 10% faster.
    3- Lancers are 40% more resistant to bonus damage and move 10% faster.
    4- Lancers have 30% less cost and train time.
    4- lancers have 20% less damage but cost one less population.

RacketyPurse likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

All of these just sounds like you want a buff to lancer, which is already a strong unit. An alternative to remove the overlap is by making King Nebuchadnezzar only buff lancer, but not changing its stats.

4. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Don t forget the Mounted Archers!!
    I think lancers are already strong as they are and even without Nebuchadnezzar they are good. But I agree with a change since Sargon is much better.

5. ZeZo

ZeZo Long Swordsman

Lancers are quite fragile as a unit, they are strong because they are a Babylonian unit which means they train fast but compared to other cav units from other civs they aren't as sturdy.

As for buffing an already strong unit, Khepri's Coin Curator buffed elephants even though they were one of the best units in the game and Commander Esfandiyar gives immortals a significant buff even though they were already strong and had another advisor buffing them (Royal Companion Rohham).

Anyway, I don't want to just buff lancers, I want King Nebuchadnezzar as a legendary advisor to have similar importance to other legendary advisors since he feels underwhelming compared to them.

Other advisors give the feeling that if you want to use their respective units, it would be better to use them while King Nebuchadnezzar doesn't.

6. Geese

Geese Berserker

I personally don't have any issues, I basically use nebu only for lancers anyways.

The fact that is buffs all cavalry units is just a needless bonus Imo. I think they do their job fine and I feel the reason why they may seem a bit underwhelming now is because the Norse horsemen is advisor is kind of ridiculous.

If lancers got similar buffs they would be insane. I'd prefer for things not to get power creeped so I'm ok with how it is right now.

Another thing of note is that compared to Norse and celts, Babylon has access to palintonons which can offset the lack of building damage bonuses on the lancers when compared to the horsemen of those respective civs. Log throwers and stone throwers don't really hold a candle to palins.

Ardeshir likes this.
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

That's kinda the point of Babylonian (and Egyptian) styles, and Babylonian get an age 2 health regen tech for all military units. I'd be inclined to agree with Geese, that other civ cavalry options have had a big(ger) buff with the advisor card reworks, but we should be careful to not just be powercreeping through future changes to advisor cards (I'd rather gearing/progression tiers in newer legendary and elite quests over any other form of power creep). Economies across the board have way more flexibility with the recent reworks (some of the old cards were just a waste of space), and I think it's too early still for the "best builds for each civ" to have truly been perfected yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice